1.3.7 Matchmaker changes

Since 1.3.7 I was always getting into battles that are totally one-sided. Mostly I get the loosing team but even when we win - it’s so one sided its not fun! I must say it’s awful and I don’t like it. The #1 update did not improve the situation for me… What do you think?

I hate PvP so for me its no difference in gameplay.

I’ve been having similar issues. I often get in to battles that are completely lop-sided rank wise. A rank 4 friend of mine has been getting in to battles against rank 9 players lately too. XD

I’ve been having similar issues. I often get in to battles that are completely lop-sided rank wise. A rank 4 friend of mine has been getting in to battles against rank 9 players lately too. XD

It has always been like that

I always fight rank 15s

PVP is lopsided so bad right now, always a team completely toppling the other…at least it was an attempt

To my understanding, what we now have is an mm system that is suited for games with a much bigger active playerbase than we have in Star Conflict.

As far as I have understood, the new mm takes its time to look for other pilots around our own pilot rating, adding more and more waiting time, and eventually failing to find enough players around our rating to create a pvp battle. It then goes back to being the old, regular and more effective mm that gives us a whole random team - without trying to match pilot ratings and such.

Only difference is that with this new mm system, we wait more than before just to play the same random pvp battle we have played so far with completely random and faster old mm system.

I admit I got into 2 or 3 battles that were full of pilots with top corps/ratings/ships/“skills” and they were pretty fun but then again I don’t want to wait for at least 1 minute more than before (in every single pvp queue) just for the chance of getting 3 high quality battles out of around 250 pvp battles.

Edit: I even underlined it but still I feel like I have to point out that I don’t really know exactly how the new mm works and I might very well be wrong in what I understood. It is a fact that there have been obviously longer queue times since the new mm, though.

Edit 2: https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/30549-new-matchmaking-method/

Turns out this is in fact the working method of the new mm system. Might be more than just “pilot rating”, though.

To my understanding, what we now have is an mm system that is suited for games with a much bigger active playerbase than we have in Star Conflict.

As far as I have understood, the new mm takes its time to look for other pilots around our own pilot rating, adding more and more waiting time, and eventually failing to find enough players around our rating to create a pvp battle. It then goes back to being the old, regular and more effective mm that gives us a whole random team - without trying to match pilot ratings and such.

Only difference is that with this new mm system, we wait more than before just to play the same random pvp battle we have played so far with completely random and faster old mm system…

Well - guys be reasonable, how would you test new MatchMaker code? Bring in your buddies and lets try it but in a fair way, with heavy preasure on the MM from huge player numbers. In the end we all wont a good MM eventually, so lets all help it come to life more in the role of midwifes (so to speak) then in the role of ivory tower critiques :: invite buddies and test it out whilst having fun!

After that you have statistics and insigths to know where to fine tune it and so forth … come on …

What ranks are you flying in PvP?

I’m flying at rank 7 - making my way to Archelon :012j: 

Now rank 7 has a problem imo: No ‘eclipse launcher’ for engineer (I can’t heal efficiently) and no ‘inhibitor beam’ for tackler (can’t stop fast ceptors from eating my team). So its not just much inferior to rank 8 (3 modules vs 4) I think its harder to save anyone at those ranks.

Somehow before the patch battles felt challenging… now its a wipeout

I am flying rank 8 ships Reaper and Phoenix a lot now (for the new special modules parts hunt) because I bought them from steam’s DLC bundles (downloadable content). I am fine with that :slight_smile:

P.S.: I use my r11 destroyer Antares and r15 recon interceptor Berserker for Open Space daily monocrystall missions, though.

I’m seeing better quality games in Rank 8 atm. Well, by “better quality” I mean more players (9 being the norm).

I’m seeing better quality games in Rank 8 atm. Well, by “better quality” I mean more players (9 being the norm).

Right!

People complaining in chat about long queue times may have a wild assortment of ships in their hangar dock slots ??

Something changed. I am facing mostly R10s flying my R8s and sometimes I am cursing MM that gave me a team of headless chickens, but when I slow down and think - yeah, actually it is better. However - it still matches R6s against R10s.

…However - it still matches R6s against R10s.

This is the kind of thing that makes new players quit the game. That is why I manage to dislike a change even though it is good on paper.

The biggest problem of Star Conflict is not destroyers or covops or anything else than very low amount of players.

When I see a newbie typing angrily about having to fight against enemies that are 1 tier above him in general chat, I can’t find any words of comfort to tell him. Best I can say is “get to r15 and you won’t have to face higher enemies”. Most I see do not get above r7.

The new MM is whack.

I am still grinding out a Brokk so need to fly r13 ships but it puts me in r15 games. So I switch to my r15 ships instead but am now missing the “win games on r13 ships” task for Brokk parts.

MM should be split by tier/ship rank…if you want to add in pilot skill/rating on top of that then fine but not instead of.

I’m flying at rank 7 - making my way to Archelon :012j:

Now rank 7 has a problem imo: No ‘eclipse launcher’ for engineer (I can’t heal efficiently) and no ‘inhibitor beam’ for tackler (can’t stop fast ceptors from eating my team). So its not just much inferior to rank 8 (3 modules vs 4) I think its harder to save anyone at those ranks.

Somehow before the patch battles felt challenging… now its a wipeout

we are lucky that the archelon get 4 modules slot ^^

Something changed. I am facing mostly R10s flying my R8s and sometimes I am cursing MM that gave me a team of headless chickens, but when I slow down and think - yeah, actually it is better. However - it still matches R6s against R10s.

i notice that too

The new MM is whack.

I am still grinding out a Brokk so need to fly r13 ships but it puts me in r15 games. So I switch to my r15 ships instead but am now missing the “win games on r13 ships” task for Brokk parts.

MM should be split by tier/ship rank…if you want to add in pilot skill/rating on top of that then fine but not instead of.

Actually R13s are usually on par with R15s. They just have different playstyle.

I haven’t played pvp with anything less than a r15 ship for quite some time but I remember as soon as I got my first r13, I started seeing r15s. Am I recalling this wrong? Wasn’t it always like this?

• Indeed r13s are almost on par with r15s. They are at a disadvantageous place against them and sp ships but it’s not that much.

It means that those R6 are pretty skilled pilots, and those R10s are not so.

200 battles with 0.87 W/l ratio is pretty skilled by MM?

200 battles with 0.87 W/l ratio is pretty skilled by MM?

If it was really happened, I’ll need his nickname. Send it to me in PM, please. We will take a closer look at this situation