[1.3.7.87225] Linux version crashes after logging in

When I try to start Star Conflict either with or without steam, the game crashes once I logged into the hangar. I can still hear the voice saying “Welcome back commander”, though. The game worked fine a few days ago.

WARNING| m_bufferizedUICalls delivery took 8.6 ms
 WARNING| script (ui/scripts/work/uigamefuncs.lua@0): UI:ServerDataUpdate_OnLoadingComplete( storeSize )[ERROR]: cannot
        | ReplayManager: stopping activity due to map change
        | Peak entities: 189
        | ====== starting level: 'levels/mainmenu/mm_jericho' ======
        | Environment setting 'mm_jericho' loaded
   ERROR| models/ships/race_2/m/race2_m_t3.model(1)Parser: invalid punctuation 'ä'
   ERROR| models/ships/race_2/m/race2_m_t3.skins(1)Parser: invalid punctuation 'Ü'
   ERROR| Input file 'models/ships/race_2/m/race2_m_t3.mdp' not correct chunk file
   ERROR| Ship_Race2_M_T3: Invalid skin 'default' for render model 'models/ships/race_2/m/race2_m_t3'! 
        | ====== level started: 'levels/mainmenu/mm_jericho' success ======
 WARNING| frame 297 GPU wait time is too large (1.918460)
 WARNING| frame 298 gameGlobals.frameTimeReal is too large (1.455014)
 WARNING| frame 299 GPU wait time is too large (0.860958)

My attachments contains logs for both Steam and non-Steam crashes of the game.

This might be the same issue as reported here https://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/30545-game-wont-startonly-proces-after-today-update/

By the way, it would be great if you allowed .tar.xz or at least .tar.gz attachments.

Also, I found an “exceptions” and an “Exceptions” folder in my ~/.local/share/starconflict. As file/folder names are case-insensitive on Windows, this might not be intended.

[2016.05.27.tar.zip](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=11155)

When I try to start Star Conflict either with or without steam, the game crashes once I logged into the hangar. I can still hear the voice saying “Welcome back commander”, though.

*I cannot confirm this, (since latest 1.3.6.x patch) Star Conflict runs flawlessly on Linux (but I have consistent english language settings).

*After the three minor patches Star Conflict 1.3.7.87255 runs totally o.k. on SteamOS + Linux 

*Please read :: [How to create bug reports](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/)  and please give more specific info on your Linux, PC and so forth …

*It may be a bug related to internationalization hassles (German ä Ü seem to generate problems, but this could possibly be a problem with your PC, Steam settings, Star Conflict setting, etc.)

*The player who reported the bug you linked, (also) did not reach in a most helpful explicit detailed [bug report](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/) , sadly!

*I cannot confirm this, (since latest 1.3.6.x patch) Star Conflict runs flawlessly on Linux (but I have consistent english language settings).

*After the three minor patches Star Conflict 1.3.7.87255 runs totally o.k. on SteamOS + Linux 

*Please read :: [How to create bug reports](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/)  and please give more specific info on your Linux, PC and so forth …

*It may be a bug related to internationalization hassles (German ä Ü seem to generate problems, but this could possibly be a problem with your PC, Steam settings, Star Conflict setting, etc.)

*The player who reported the bug you linked, (also) did not reach in a most helpful explicit detailed [bug report](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/25328-how-to-create-bug-reports/) , sadly!

* The game ran flawlessly until  last weekend. I had no issues for a very long time.

* see above

* I read the post you gave beforehand, but I have no idea what kind of info you would require which is not part of the crash-file I attached. Can you please specify what you are interested in? Graphics stack (libdrm, mesa, kernel)? Hardware config?

* I am using an English system, with an English Steam and running an English version of Star Conflict.

* I created a new bug report as the other guy had no details, hence I linked it. I am not related to him in any way.

* The game ran flawlessly until  last weekend. I had no issues for a very long time.

* see above

* I read the post you gave beforehand, but I have no idea what kind of info you would require which is not part of the crash-file I attached. Can you please specify what you are interested in? Graphics stack (libdrm, mesa, kernel)? Hardware config?

* I am using an English system, with an English Steam and running an English version of Star Conflict.

* I created a new bug report as the other guy had no details, hence I linked it. I am not related to him in any way.

Reinstall?

Reinstall?

That did the trick.

I think I also found the issue. When I pressed “uninstall game” there were a few of .dat files left over. Once I removed them, reinstalled the game, everything worked again.