1.0, no more free revive in pve mode

now u need duplicator to revive, even to u dead squad member.

qq

Stop QQing, there is a way to success in the PvE mode & don’t need to get revived.

JUST DON’T DIE.

Problem solved.

like the old pve, how terrible xD

shame though now if you get put with n00bs in pve it will be harder to complete

especially in T4-5 when Aces usually ended up dead multiple times or even costing the mission. now its impossible without a full group of outfitted blue or higher that know exactly what to do in every mission. even then random crap happens, one or 2 die and the last 2 get swarmed and die or turtle and farm kills for 45 mins. personally I dont go farm mats for replicators just to be able to do PVE in hope of getting upgrades some cash and a small bit of XP. At that point your farming just to be able to hopefully farm something else.

Revival meant you didn’t have to guarantee an engineer.  That was a nice feature.

All it means is that you now have to have skill in pve, and pretty much always have an engineer in you lineup. Just like the old Pve.

No, all it means is that you can’t do PvE until Blackwood comes up. You know, the very xxxx thing that the Devs wanted to stop people doing with the new style PvE!

Maybe people can learn how each ship can be effective. Like having an engineer healing, and a command fighter increasing resistances.

Maybe people can learn how each ship can be effective. Like having an engineer healing, and a command fighter increasing resistances.

That won’t happen. Bots have been made stronger and they swarm like crazy. Nobody in their right mind is going to bring anything but frigates.

This was the benefit of the old system. You could actually use Fighters in the old PvE because A) you can be resurrected, so dying isn’t an auto-fail for your team, and B) you could bring ships into lower-tier games where their weaker stats weren’t going to lose you the game.

It seems, as always, the Devs totally ignore what players actually do, and what they want, and screwed the game up to try and pick our pockets.

That won’t happen. Bots have been made stronger and they swarm like crazy. Nobody in their right mind is going to bring anything but frigates.

This was the benefit of the old system. You could actually use Fighters in the old PvE because A) you can be resurrected, so dying isn’t an auto-fail for your team, and B) you could bring ships into lower-tier games where their weaker stats weren’t going to lose you the game.

It seems, as always, the Devs totally ignore what players actually do, and what they want, and screwed the game up to try and pick our pockets.

Well even then, you could bring 2 guards, an engineer, and a command fighter.

All it means is that you now have to have skill in pve, and pretty much always have an engineer in you lineup. Just like the old Pve.

… and how do I guarantee an Engineer in my line-up if I’m playing solo and land in a random match-up, unless I’m the one always on an Engineer, and what incentive does anybody else have to play any other class of ship other than Frigates?

Just for the record, Interceptors and Fighters are STILL viable in some PvE matches (like to distract turrets while the slow Frigates DPS them), however the issue is that those do require much greater skill to fly to not guarantee complete failure for the entire team compared to virtually any Frigate.

All I know is that this patch boosted the difficulty of the PvE matches by removing this one very simple feature that did NOT require the use of GS, while the rewards have really not improved at all, which neither justifies the waste of GS or the time spend compared to PvP… at least in terms of rewards, I understand some people simply prefer the co-op experience, in general.

Does that mean that I’m now supposed to only play those 3 classes of ships in PvE because one mistake in any of my other ships would lead to a near instant failure?.. that seems like LESS fun than before, not more…

Out of nine ship classes, you’re limited to three for PvE?  You’re missing HB LRF BTW.  What about ECM?  Unless all the “new players” grind fast, I can’t play my 1/10 Nodachi in PvP, and Invasion sucks for synergy.

Of course ECM’s sucking in PvE is part of why it is 1/10.

… and how do I guarantee an Engineer in my line-up if I’m playing solo and land in a random match-up, unless I’m the one always on an Engineer, and what incentive does anybody else have to play any other class of ship other than Frigates?

Just for the record, Interceptors and Fighters are STILL viable in some PvE matches (like to distract turrets while the slow Frigates DPS them), however the issue is that those do require much greater skill to fly to not guarantee complete failure for the entire team compared to virtually any Frigate.

All I know is that this patch boosted the difficulty of the PvE matches by removing this one very simple feature that did NOT require the use of GS, while the rewards have really not improved at all, which neither justifies the waste of GS or the time spend compared to PvP… at least in terms of rewards, I understand some people simply prefer the co-op experience, in general.

You become that engineer of course!  Max synergy?  Don’t worry, you’re doing it for the credits and the GS to free synergy transfers!

I’ll remove engineers from my PvE lineup first.  Sometimes I’ll refuse to be the engineer and we lose.  Rarer still we’ll win.  PvE still needs to keep some challenge beyond pure farm.  Revivals helped increase the chances of a win as long as teammates did every part.  Sometimes the person going after objectives is the first to die, because he’s not farming bots for points.  I play solo, so I don’t get the corp squad grinding effect.  I actually like finding a “decent” team where it’s a fight for a win.  It can’t be too easy or too hard.  Most of all, I don’t want to be forced to have an engineer.

Sigh. Time to git gud once more. Being gud at PvE in any class that’s not Command, Guard or Engineer can only take you so far, though.

Just like old days.

Except the ally revival feature, as it was, was an improvement.

yes yes, the Revival Feature was nice. It made it alot easier for random Groups. It’s all doable without reviving, just try not to die.

I’d like to see it back in pve as well.

You can use duplicaters to revive, but who does that? It’s just a mony grab.