Ze'Ta Landingplatform too weak

I think that the Landingplatform from Ze’Ta needs a few changes.

This new module is very fun in battle and i like the base idea, but there are 2 problems imo:

1. The “Satellite Crystal” is too weak. It deals good dmg but it almost never hits the target and it only flies 300m/s (but i am fine with the “Satellite Crystal”)

2. The bigger problem is that if a player docks to Ze’Ta he can only shoot forward with full power. If I play a Destroyer I never fly straight to the enemy so that they are in front of me, the enemy is almoste all the time at my left or right side. The player who is docked can’t use any modules (this is fine) but I think that he should be able to shoot in all direction with the full dmg like a normal turret.

I have tested the module the last few days and no one want to dock to Ze’Ta because there are no good advantages:

1. You receive a 25% dmg and 25% range buff but you can only shoot with your full power forward , so if only one out of 4 canons can shoot you deal no real dmg)

2. Your hull is repaired by 500pts./sec. but If a missile or any other explosion hits the Ze’Ta the docked ship will receive almost every time damage (if you are a interceptor you will die instantly)

3. Ze’Ta gets 500pts./sec. Shield and 150pts./sec. energy but only if an other player is docked to him (this one is a good idea but the problem is that no one docks to Ze’Ta)

The thing I would change is that the docked player is able to rotate on the platform (and maybe make the shield absorb explosions).

I don’t want the module to get overpowerd but currently the module isn’t good.

And tbh they should be able to at least use their special module. Active modules would be nice too.

I don’t think using modules is a good idea, take Tai’Kin, actually, what would happen if the landed ship were to use the teleportation sphere? It doesn’t count as an active, I’m sure that if the destroyer uses the teleprotation sphere, wormhole and the kapkan the landed ship will be taken with it, could help relocating the slow ones or just for trolling.

20 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

I don’t think using modules is a good idea, take Tai’Kin, actually, what would happen if the landed ship were to use the teleportation sphere? It doesn’t count as an active, I’m sure that if the destroyer uses the teleprotation sphere, wormhole and the kapkan the landed ship will be taken with it, could help relocating the slow ones or just for trolling.

Do you mean the Tai’Kin will be able to use its own “Teleportation sphere” to warp the whole Ze’Ta? I think that fast-travel modules can be blocked (with an effect like the “Inhibitor Beam” from a Tackler)

23 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

The docked ship will be moved with the Ze’Ta. (or what do you mean?)

Yeah that.

3 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

tested it, a ship using teleportation sphere doesn’t move, just wastes the use of the sphere

I think the main thing of the landing pad is to provide a way to heal allies + a defensive drone.

56 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

I think the main thing of the landing pad is to provide a way to heal allies + a defensive drone.

The healing of allies is just an incentive to land. The landing platform is meant as a combat platform for the destroyer, not a support module.

7 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The healing of allies is just an incentive to land. The landing platform is meant as a combat platform for the destroyer, not a support module.

I like the idea of it also being a sort of support module, I’d say if people could still use their modules it would be fine, teleportation modules already don’t work (try using teleportation sphere while docked), so there wouldn’t be much harm

I wouldn’t say no one docks on them cause I personally do with my inty and fighters. But yea the fixed rotation and camera is an issue more than being unable to use any module at all. Imo this module is more suited for when you are playing with friends on a call. ← wouldn’t know since I fly solo.

My suggestions:

• Docked ship’s camera should take the same row as the desty player’s roll.

• Docked ships should either =>

=> Gain additive resistance from the desy

=> Take only a percentage of the damage from the external aoe unless the attack was focused on the docked ship

=> gain an incresed rate of shield “and” hull regeneration if regenerative coat is installed.

• Docked ships can rotate on fixed axis with either =>

=> Mouse aim

=> A and D rotation.

P.S.: I aint expert or an experienced player but this is what I feel that could improve the module. And a side note, where the hell is the best place to even place the module(I dont have the ship yet but just wondering)?

It kinda depends, you can dock an engineer on one of the rear slots so they can heal you, or an NY18 which has the maximum firepower in all directions, my personal favourite is the proxy mortar which turns it into a flak turret.

50 minutes ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

It kinda depends, you can dock an engineer on one of the rear slots so they can heal you, or an NY18 which has the maximum firepower in all directions, my personal favourite is the proxy mortar which turns it into a flak turret.

Or maybe a MIRIV Launcher? Idk It feels restrictive that way… Like say an ECM wouldn’t benefit as much as a guard <= movement buff from the desy being slightly faster in some cases?.. ← idk some of the Zeta seems pretty fast to me…

3 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

If you fly an LRF with a recoil compensated cannon it makes a great long-range turret, this one actually works best if the dessy stays ~7km away from the enemy firing its ‘Kai’ thingy, photon emitter, and black hole thingy, while the LRF with its 10km range pelts enemies with no knockback

5 hours ago, LYoshiiro said:

And a side note, where the hell is the best place to even place the module(I dont have the ship yet but just wondering)?

On the front top position if you are trying to be kind to the ally. But then don’t put photon on the back top position or it will likely hit the ally and detonate on you. Usually in one of the top positions is best because they typically have the highest viewing range.

9 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

On the front top position if you are trying to be kind to the ally. But then don’t put photon on the back top position or it will likely hit the ally and detonate on you. Usually in one of the top positions is best because they typically have the highest viewing range.

I put mine on the bottom front, I find the ally usually doesn’t have issues firing from there, and personally I feel like it fits the ‘gunship’ feel I’m looking for