The Marathon Continues

Well the crimson haze marathon is the talk of the server … WOW $1000 GS and a new destroyer cabin that costs a few resources . What a prize !!!

So this morning I got invited to a team that was doing  LvL 80 captured dreadnought runs . We did them for about an hour and a half. A singularity and a stiletto . yep the only way to do it at that lvl is exploit map glitches and module bugs . I heard that the highest lvl a player has gotten is lvl 122  YEP !!!  LVL 122 … Hours and hours of  hiding under beacons , flying at 700 MPS targeting calibers  , and cloaking in front of main calibers waiting to use energy converter . So really its not even playable after lvl 20 or so unless you exploit the game .

So you want to know the max lvl a player has gotten in crimson haze ??? … Lvl 30 . Yep you herd it right ., in a map you can exploit you can get to lvl 122  and in a map you cant exploit you can get to lvl 30 … and guess how many credits you get rewarded from a captured dreadnought run at lvl 80 with 560% boost to credits ??? anybody  ? … Well with a premium license and a non-premium ship you get 1,500,000 credits … WOW I’m rich !!! That’s how much I got from a arndenes thread run before they redid PVE to give us more reward if we did higher lvl’s …

So to sum it up , Power and defense lvl’s are not even close to enough to do PVE past lvl 30 without exploiting the game , the rewards are a bold slap in the face to every player on the server ,  and this joke of a marathon and its reward that 80% of the server wont be able to get is just plain insulting .

The levels and payouts don’t scale well, that should be fixed in the upcoming patches. As for the prize for crimson haze, im surprised people didn’t stop at lvl 20, you know, player solidarity and all.

Reminds me of the prisoner’s dilemma.

2 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

The levels and payouts don’t scale well, that should be fixed in the upcoming patches. As for the prize for crimson haze, im surprised people didn’t stop at lvl 20, you know, player solidarity and all.

2 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Reminds me of the prisoner’s dilemma.

Well someone who knew how to abuse crimson very well said “hey I think we should block everyone else from getting this and go as high as possible” so they did because they were horrible people.

Regardless of Russians being Russian, was the lv20 reward given to everyone who COMPLETED lv20, or to everyone who UNLOCKED lv20? Because I completed lv21 but have only unlocked like level 9.

You had to complete the level 20 not just play it with others. I’m surprised still why people went to such lengths, more people could’ve got the cabin, the news were everywhere on the max level anyway so im lost on that behavior. 

To be more precice either hope that you always get a rndm group that plays at a higher level then you have unlocked or play only in squad cus then you can select the mission and level as a group kinda thing JUST for the 1k of GS as reward.

The Ely Cabin on the other was handed out just to the 4 pilots who completed the Level 32 stage of CH.

On 1/31/2019 at 2:07 PM, ORCA1911 said:

As for the prize for crimson haze, im surprised people didn’t stop at lvl 20, you know, player solidarity and all.

Don´t tell me that you hoped for player to stop at level 20 with the given information that only the highest reached level of that particular mission will recieve the Ely Cabin? People definetly would have stoped at level 20 when the briefing would have said “Every player who completed level 20 of CH will get the Ely Cabin + 1.000 GS”.

All Gaijin did create was some sort of Competition for their new PVE System in order to find how far players would go for a certain reward and belive me Gaijin will do something similar at some point again cus what better way to test a new system then to cover it as competition between all players where only 4 can recieve the “big prize”.

I’m pretty sure people wouldn’t test it for free nowadays, but assuming how easy it was to get the cabin, or to get the resources for it that reward was completely pointless, you’d be better off building the cabin right away and getting the resources back rather than waiting just to build it.

4 hours ago, Vesperion said:

Don´t tell me that you hoped for player to stop at level 20 with the given information that only the highest reached level of that particular mission will recieve the Ely Cabin?

If all reach lets say a max level of 22, all stay at 22 and all get a free cabin, nothing wrong with that, makes sense to me at least. I don’t know why people went ahead and did so many levels for weird reasons.

1 minute ago, ORCA1911 said:

If all reach lets say a max level of 22, all stay at 22 and all get a free cabin, nothing wrong with that, makes sense to me at least. I don’t know why people went ahead and did so many levels for weird reasons.

Spite/competition/Russians/exclusivity/etc

10 hours ago, Vesperion said:

To be more precice either hope that you always get a rndm group that plays at a higher level then you have unlocked or play only in squad cus then you can select the mission and level as a group kinda thing JUST for the 1k of GS as reward.

The Ely Cabin on the other was handed out just to the 4 pilots who completed the Level 32 stage of CH.

How do you know that only 4 people reached that level?

Don´t tell me that you hoped for player to stop at level 20 with the given information that only the highest reached level of that particular mission will recieve the Ely Cabin?

No one hoped for that as it would be the most reasonable thing to do. 

All Gaijin did create was some sort of Competition for their new PVE System in order to find how far players would go for a certain reward and belive me Gaijin will do something similar at some point again cus what better way to test a new system then to cover it as competition between all players where only 4 can recieve the “big prize”.

Gaijin didn’t create that competition. And there was no limit how many players could get the “big prize”. 

I actually agree that this is very cool method for testing the difficulty of the mission. 

I didn’t even try to go level 20, since I knew this gonna be happened.

On 1/31/2019 at 10:07 PM, ORCA1911 said:

This is some kind of human behavior called anxiety.

If they stop at level 20, they feel like they will get behind in the next day.

I didn’t bother, since I play solo and random queue on Crimson often failed to do even ranks 5-10, so… Yeah. I’ll build the cabin in my own time. And as for GS, I got like 40k just from the new AH, so this 1k is a joke for that much bother.

20 hours ago, OwnageMaster said:

How do you know that only 4 people reached that level?

I assume it cus again i don´t think that with a rndm group it would be possible to reach such a high level considering that with rndm groups you have at least 1 pilot who will screw the highest level selected. So the bare minimum of Pilots who got the Cabin must be 4 cus of Squad and level selection.

And even when more Pilots got it then surely it was in a Clan and again they would need to bring EVERY Pilot to that level 32 what surely would be a chore to do considering that you only level up 1 level per completion of your highest possible level and not just directly to the highest selected level next to the embleme grind for additional dmg/def buff.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, Vesperion said:

I assume it cus again i don´t think that with a rndm group it would be possible to reach such a high level considering that with rndm groups you have at least 1 pilot who will screw the highest level selected. So the bare minimum of Pilots who got the Cabin must be 4 cus of Squad and level selection.

And even when more Pilots got it then surely it was in a Clan and again they would need to bring EVERY Pilot to that level 32 what surely would be a chore to do considering that you only level up 1 level per completion of your highest possible level and not just directly to the highest selected level next to the embleme grind for additional dmg/def buff.

We were doing that after reaching some level - replay the mission to get everyone from the team to the same level. It was a nice process, each time we were looking for different openings and possibilities. Dunno about other pilots, but when I asked few friends - they were doing the same.