Star Conflict Linux Related

ah well played :012j:

openSUSE Leap 42.1, working fine.

Nvidia geforce gtx 560 ti.

Dear Linuxers!

I recommend Ubuntu-Mate, that is because of its speed, ease of use, hughe user base and tons of help, tips & tricks online.

Link to Ubuntu-Mate (amd64/i386)

I had problems with my 1st mouse, a Logitech G402 because it lacked the software to bind all the digital switches of the mouse to, hence some buttons were not usable for me. I ended up with a standard 5 button/wheel mouse. But unfortunately even the ‘on-the-fly’ dpi change was unusable to me because my GNU/Linux desktop, and the Star Conflict game-window, had a unfortunately high sensitivity and lowering mouse sensitivity in-game did not much.

I learned how to fix the relatively high desktop mouse-senitivity and lower it to my needs. That is what I did:

~$ xinput --list ⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)] ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)] ⎜ ↳ ROCCAT ROCCAT Tyon Black id=10 [slave pointer (2)] ⎜ ↳ Belkin Belkin n52te id=12 [slave pointer (2)] ⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)] ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)] ↳ ROCCAT ROCCAT Tyon Black id=9 [slave keyboard (3)] ↳ Belkin Belkin n52te id=11 [slave keyboard (3)] #hint after the '~$ ' comes the console command, the lines underneath are console output #to test it, start a terminal and type: xinput --list and hit \<Enter\>

This gave me the name and ID of my mouse. The separate devices  “ROCCAT ROCCAT Tyon Black  id=10    [slave  pointer  (2)]”  and  "ROCCAT ROCCAT Tyon Black   id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]" are in fact in regard to my Roccat Tyon mouse, it is composed of 2 devices 1st a mouse with digital mouse buttons and 2nd a keyboard with keys and 1 analog axis (throttle), hence it has two entries here.

Now, to reduce your sensitivity instantly, simply type:

~$ xinput --set-prop pointer:"ROCCAT ROCCAT Tyon Black" "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 5 #hint: the notation pointer:"ROCCAT ROCCAT Tyon Black" distinguishes from keyboard:"ROCCAT ROCCAT Tyon Black", notice the homonymic names!

Insert your pointer device name. You should felle the effect emediately!

Now, in order to get this started automatically with start-up of your GNU/Linux OS, we create a textt file (.sh is for shell script) and insert:

#!/bin/sh #Lowering Mouse Sensitivity in Ubuntu and Fedora #https://patrickmn.com/aside/lowering-gaming-mouse-sensitivity-in-ubuntu-9-10/ #~$ xinput --list #~$ xinput --list-props pointer:"ROCCAT ROCCAT Tyon Black" xinput --set-prop pointer:"ROCCAT ROCCAT Tyon Black" "Device Accel Constant Deceleration" 5

The leading  #!/bin/sh  indicates the shell script type of text file.  You store the file in a folder   ~/ .mousesensitivity  and make it auto-starting, via: System/Preferences/Personal/Startupprograms

I recently got me used multi-button mouse that is compatible with GNU/Linux and comes with software to bind the keys comfortably!

Its the Roccat Tyon but any other Roccat would suffice.

The free software for the mouse comes from an indi-developer: Stefan Achatz

From the same guy, I also got me a used keypad device, the Belkin n52te SpeedPad (see a review).

The free Java software to assign the keys via GUI from your Linux desktop is called Keyboarding Master by an indi-developer named Michael Speth (conzar).

nostromo.jpg.ea654ee8c524140c5809db03b29c0cc2.jpg

nostromo-keybinds-forum.png.c1268a0cc4516446cf930310d345a820.png

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

Dear Linuxers!

I recommend Ubuntu-Mate, that is because of its speed, ease of use, hughe user base and tons of help, tips & tricks online.

Link to Ubuntu-Mate (amd64/i386)

Manjaro i3 ftw, probably faster(but who cares the  difference will be under 1%)