Star Conflict chat-log Reader

Can you add a right-click to translate TO Russian?  So many times I’ll tell someone “good job.” and they reply “не говорю по-английски”

I actually had that feature in beta. But i removed it from release to keep API usage low (Yandex puts a limit on how many characters can be translated with one API key per month)

But since the usage seems fairly low so far, i’ll put reverse translation back in

comment out the current line that makes the new battle sound.

then add this at line 729 … just after the end of the setInterval for the chat.log…

// check for new battles.

setInterval((function(){

var gamelogLastSize = 0;

var gamelogLastTime = new Date();

var stats, logData;

return function(){

var lastFolder = logReader.getLogFoldersList().pop();

var path = logReader.logPath + “\” + lastFolder + “\game.log”;

var ymd = lastFolder.split(’.’).join(’-’).substr(0,10);

if (fs.existsSync(path)) {

stats = fs.statSync(path);

if(stats.size > gamelogLastSize){

logData = fs.readFileSync(path, {encoding:“utf8”}).substr(gamelogLastSize, stats.size);

gamelogLastSize = stats.size;

logData.split(/\n/g).forEach(function(line){

var lineDate = new Date(ymd + ’ ’ + line.substr(0, 12));

if(lineDate - gamelogLastTime > 0 && /starting level.*?client/.test(line) && !/FreeSpace/.test(line)){

gamelogLastTime = lineDate;

// starting a ‘real’ battle, and not free roam.

logReader.playSound(‘loudhorn’);

}

});

}

}

}

})(), logReader.config.checkInterval);

Can you make this cross platform? As you surely know SC is available in native Linux version and us Linux users could also find this app useful! :slight_smile:

Can you add a right-click to translate TO Russian?  So many times I’ll tell someone “good job.” and they reply “не говорю по-английски”

Just say “Harasho!” :wink:

Just say “Harasho!” :wink:

It is “H o r o sho”

It is “H o r o sho”

Proof we need this function :slight_smile:  However, I find it might be abused to insult Russians…

I started learning Russian today at uni, and I’m still tring to get my head around how an “N” is actually a “H” in Cyrillic, an “R” is a “P” and an “S” is a “C”.  It would kinda be easier if the whole alphabet were different!

It is “H o r o sho”

Well, the transliteration (=converting alphabets) is, but the transcription (noting pronunciation) is “harasho”. Same with “Spasibo” vs “Spasiba”. While you are right that the first is more proper in writing, in practice they will understand both, and so far no Russians complained if I wrote something to them using the phonetic transcription rather than transliteration.

However, I find it might be abused to insult Russians…

Ah, that’s easy enough without it, all you need to know are two simple words. :stuck_out_tongue:

I started learning Russian today at uni, and I’m still tring to get my head around how an “N” is actually a “H” in Cyrillic, an “R” is a “P” and an “S” is a “C”.  It would kinda be easier if the whole alphabet were different!

I don’t know, for me it went quite easily. Just make a list of simple words in both Cyrillic and Latin side by side and read it back and forth whenever you are on a bus, waiting for a train, etc. And since written Russian is phonetic for most part, once you learn the alphabet (and the sounds) you will be able to pronounce most words just by reading.

Well, the transliteration (=converting alphabets) is, but the transcription (noting pronunciation) is “harasho”.

Phonetic would be Ha/o(sound is somewhat closer to o)rosho, and second is definitely an O and not an A.

Same with “Spasibo” vs “Spasiba”.

Not sure who told you that, but he definitely did not mention that only people that pronounce SpasibA are some chavs :))

While you are right that the first is more proper in writing, in practice they will understand both, and so far no Russians complained if I wrote something to them using the phonetic transcription rather than transliteration.

You have seen me writing you in some “awesome english”, you did not complain too, but it doesn’t mean my grammar was superb :slight_smile:

Just an FYI, this doesn’t work if the user has moved their Documents folder. Mine is located on my F: drive and I had to change the line in the apps.js file to point to the correct location.

In case this happens to anyone else you need to change this line in apps.js.

//this is the original line

logReader.logPath = process.env.USERPROFILE+’\My Documents\My Games\StarConflict\logs’;

// this is what I had to change it to, so that this would find the log files.

logReader.logPath = ‘F:\Documents\My Games\StarConflict\logs’;

Not sure who told you that

I have actual native Russian friends I communicated a lot with, and even spent a week with them in St Petersburg where I learned most of the Russian I know. I was mistaken by locals for being Russian, because according to my Russian friends I had zero accent (Having same and similar sounds in Hungarian helps). Knowing their pronunciation, “harasho” and “spasiba” seems a decent transcription to me. But I can only talk about my first hand experience.

I guess you missed my comment about “chavs”
Normal, or rather educated people dont pronounce it as Harasho and Spasiba, especially in St Petersburg.

But how would I know.

I guess then the state officials I met were “chavs” then.

I guess then the state officials I met were “chavs” then.

I would not be surprised at all, knowing how majority of people in power in Russia have roots into “chavs” backgrounds.

*Minor Update* - Adds “Trading” tab.

LogReader.zip

[@_terrorblade](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/243375-_terrorblade/) Hey just wanna confirm this is still fine.

It has been a while, but there shouldn’t be much or anything at all implemented in the game on this level to affect the app functionality (well except for trade channel)

Oh, and I think there is this [ItemLink] been added too, that could probably be added to not get translated or something…

rewrote the app (for funsies). Now running on top of electron 

• better performance

• faster and more accurate translation

• linux & mac builds

• OS Notifications for PM/battle (like so)

• easily change log path

version 2.0 download:  [windows | linux | mac ]

NTnLn94.png

electron ftw

On 08/01/2018 at 4:59 AM, _terrorblade said:

rewrote the app (for funsies). Now running on top of electron 

• better performance

• faster and more accurate translation

• linux & mac builds

• OS Notifications for PM/battle (like so)

• easily change log path

version 2.0 download:  [windows | linux | mac ]

At least on my systems the Linux binary results only in a white window where the only thing I can do is changing the logs dir.

I haven’t investigated it much further yet.

Spoiler

2018-01-10-153721_952x1052_scrot.png.1fec3ad011971ae99080d9e9ac0ea063.png

Hmm I’ll check on VM

Coult be permissions related

18 hours ago, John161 said:

At least on my systems the Linux binary results only in a white window where the only thing I can do is changing the logs dir.

I haven’t investigated it much further yet.

Reveal hidden contents

2018-01-10-153721_952x1052_scrot.png.1fec3ad011971ae99080d9e9ac0ea063.png

Same on Win10 64bit.