• Quick translate  messages
  • Real-time chat update
  • Timestamps
  • filter chat by message type
  • Search in logs (Ctrl + F)
  • Notifications - on whisper receive & Battle start [configurable]
  • copy conversations

Installation

This is a portable app and is packaged inside a simple zip file. Just extract the zip and run LogReader.exe

IMPORTANT: simply opening the zip in some program and running logreader.exe will NOT work. You must extract all the files for the app to be able to read them

Download:
[windows | linux | mac ]

Source code:

https://github.com/terrorblade-sc/starconflict-logreader/

Changelog

23/1/2015 - v1.0.2

• minor UI improvements
  • fix font issue on russian interface
  • fix auto update

28/1/2015 - v1.0.3

• added toggle switch for global chat

8/1/2018 - v2.0.0

• better performance

• faster and more accurate translation

• linux & mac builds

• OS Notifications for PM/battle (like so)

• easily change log path

10/4/2018 - v2.0.1

• handle nested logdir

• remember custom log path

is this the same one as le beta?

Not exactly. I’ve made major code improvements and added some new features

So this basically just puts the in-game chat into a prettier window, right? Sounds nifty.

On 23/01/2015 at 5:12 AM, StatueofLibroty said:

So this basically just puts the in-game chat into a prettier window, right? Sounds nifty.

Would be great if you actually read the post before making assumptions like that. It does more than just put in-game chat in a perttier window

Installing now :slight_smile:  I’m hoping I will finally be able to read those insults in Russian that get fired at me every now and then!!

Would be great if you actually read the post before making assumptions like that. It does more than just put in-game chat in a perttier window

I did in fact read it, but most of what I’m seeing is “putting chat in a prettier window” >.>

The in game chat doesn’t show all messages from current session let alone all the sessions

This app reads all available log so you can find a message from yesterday.

Say you want to find a link that someone in corp chat posted a day ago. Normally you’d have to look through each log folder’s chat.log (unless you have a third party text editor app or IDE that allows searching in multiple files). With this you can just alt-tab to the app, Ctrl+f and directly click it instead of having to copy paste from log file

In game chat doesn’t let you copy (translation assistance method just feels awkward) or click links or translate Russian messages with one click

This app also allows you to have notification sounds when you receive a message or your battle starts. So you can queue up, have this app running and do something else, watch a movie being assures you’ll hear a sound when your game starts so you don’t miss it

You cans also do what I do- move this app’s window to a secondary screen (I moved it to my third, small screen that I use for console mostly.) Now I can make full use of both my monitors while being able to read chat as it goes

Switching to the game takes 2-3 seconds for me since I play in full screen mode with different resolution

1/23/2015 - v1.0.2

Fixed a critical bug with auto updates. Download the new package for working auto updates

This chat reader is very useful, it even make web site link clickable and the UI is really nice. Thanks for the nice tool !

Moved to proper section.

3+ points for the battle is starting sound

It’s “TITANic”  :005j:

I was like “WTF” when I heard that, couldn’t figure out what it was at first.

Then I noticed it play when entering a sector.

The sound is indeed a bit wtf-inducing. But I selected that sound so you could hear it even when watching a movie or playing another game :slight_smile:

Joining invasion sectors creates same log as when entering a battle so my app can’t distinguish

Joining invasion sectors creates same log as when entering a battle so my app can’t distinguish

If it helps, from one of my tools, parsing game.log here:

Match match = Regex.Match(line, @"^(\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}.\d{3})\s+\| ====== starting level: \'levels[/\\](\w+).*?[/\\](\w+)\' (\w*)", RegexOptions.Compiled);
if (match.Success == false || match.Groups[2].Value == "mainmenu" || match.Groups[4].Value != "FreeSpace")
{
	freeSpace = false;

Nice to see there’s more public third party stuff out there now.

PS: No, I’m not back to the game, was just passing by checking whether it’s worth it but looks like more of the same old. :slight_smile:

PS: No, I’m not back to the game, was just passing by checking whether it’s worth it but looks like more of the same old. :slight_smile:

Thats too bad, I really liked your combat log analyzer :slight_smile:

If it helps, from one of my tools, parsing game.log here:

Match match = Regex.Match(line, @"^(\d{2}:\d{2}:\d{2}.\d{3})\s+| ====== starting level: 'levels/\.?/\’ (\w)", RegexOptions.Compiled);
if (match.Success == false || match.Groups[2].Value == “mainmenu” || match.Groups[4].Value != “FreeSpace”)
{
freeSpace = false;

Nice to see there’s more public third party stuff out there now.

Thanks for sharing. I actually didn’t know game.log logs this information (never really looked into it)

Sadly the timestamps are slightly different for entering chat channel (in chat.log) and starting level (in game.log) and i’m not sure what time-range to cross-check, because it may be off by more seconds on other people’s clients :confused:

#chat.log
15:25:24.325     CHAT| Join channel <#battle_128849030189>
#game.log
15:27:09.633         | ====== starting level: 'levels\mainmenu\mm_jericho' FreeSpace ======

Thats too bad, I really liked your combat log analyzer :slight_smile:

Maybe one day when they refocus on the PVP aspect of the game. Although seeing your new forum group tag you joined the dark side yourself, so it’s all your fault anyway. <3 (and congrats old friend!)

Thanks for sharing. I actually didn’t know game.log logs this information (never really looked into it)

Sadly the timestamps are slightly different for entering chat channel (in chat.log) and starting level (in game.log) and i’m not sure what time-range to cross-check, because it may be off by more seconds on other people’s clients :confused:

Yep, synchronizing the different logs was a bit of a pain (my old invasion mode overlay did multi-threaded asynchronous real time parsing of the different logs, fun fun; luckily my chat reader didn’t do alarms so I didn’t have the issue there). But in your case it should be easy since you’re guaranteed an entry in the game.log so I guess you could just ignore the chat.log entry for the purposes of determining when to ring the bell. :slight_smile:

In your example I’m fairly certain those two lines don’t go together btw, the chat channel joining should happen at roughly the same time as the “level started:” entry in the game log, which comes after the “starting level:” line. Unless the servers are even worse than they used to be I suppose.

Anyway, signing out again, enjoy the coding and the pew pew. :smiley:

But in your case it should be easy since you’re guaranteed an entry in the game.log so I guess you could just ignore the chat.log entry for the purposes of determining when to ring the bell. :slight_smile:

lol damn that’s right. Thanks again

FANTASTIC APP!!!  Just – thank you!  +10,000,000 for the triangulation sound!  I’ve wanted that for more than two years!   I even filed an enhancement request a year ago or so.  Ability to translate and click links sounds nice too… but it’s worth it to me just for the triangulation sound.   That way, I can turn down the game sound and do something else without missing the start of a battle… which has happened dozens of times to me.

(It would be nice to put (28mb) next to the link to download)