Questions to the developers Summer 2020

Dear conquerors of the Star Conflict Universe!

This topic is designed to collect and organize the players’ questions towards the developers as well as their answers. In order to provide a better overview and easier search, this topics’ priority will be focused on game related content in Autumn.

Answers are usually given daily on weekdays. Developers will read all questions, but questions which are not clearly defined, which are obviously stupid, which are lying on the “surface”, or which violate the rules of the forum, will be ignored and deleted.

How to ask questions:
Formulate your questions as clear as possible. Try to ask only important questions. Use the search function before asking any questions, some questions may have already been answered.

The following rules apply to this thread:
1. Posts that do not contain any game related questions will be deleted.
2. This thread is not for suggestions. Any suggestion posted in this thread will be deleted.
3. Any discussion in this subject will be considered as flame and offtopic and will be punished appropriately.
4. The questions are asked towards the game developers and therefore only they can respond.
5. The thread will be cleaned at least once a week. This means that all player posts will be removed and the questions will be added to the developers answers as a quote.

When will bots be removed from PvP?

When will I be getting my Hunter?

Screenshot_20200714-101142_Firefox.png.6165c5b7e99d487a6fe3d6df86ed7ba8.png

You mean exactly never? XD (I have yet to actually be the alien in that mode)

Just wondering if there are any plans for the problematic effect below, a simple workaround such as an option to disable it, or make it go away after a few seconds?

It’s a known bug, 0089600 if I understand correctly, affecting Linux clients, and as far as I can tell right now there is no way for players to turn it off. It can make it very difficult to see after using teleporting modules like reverse thruster or warp-vortex for the rest of the battle, or until warping to another area in open space.

1688587277_Screenshotfrom2020-07-1418-07-20.png.e683b70417a448ec7988eee4b22a8f2d.jpg

On 7/15/2020 at 3:21 AM, teneighty9 said:

Just wondering if there are any plans for the problematic effect below, a simple workaround such as an option to disable it, or make it go away after a few seconds?

It’s a known bug, 0089600 if I understand correctly, affecting Linux clients, and as far as I can tell right now there is no way for players to turn it off. It can make it very difficult to see after using teleporting modules like reverse thruster or warp-vortex for the rest of the battle, or until warping to another area in open space.

Play the game in Proton, it is far less buggy there. Idk why they still ship the Linux (and Mac) client, they don’t seem care about them and both are buggy af.

1. Are still working on new ellydium ship that mentioned  in the questions to devs in spring 2020?

1. Still no rank 17 destroyer right?  

How does the new asteroid mining mechanic work?

Was there an expected set of equipment to be used? Is it based on damage, number of impacts, rate of fire, do crits factor in?

The current UI for it is too slow to update and hard to read for how fast it fluctuates, and the asteroids seem to hit a threshold where they suddenly take 50% more firepower to maintain heat level.

All I’ve figured out is more heat offers a better yield, but sometimes it will suddenly explode and fail at 80% and other times it will be 99% and fine.

(I hope it is further improved because it does have the potential to be better and more fun.)

(Also Pryo Emitter can instantly mine an asteroid at a poor yield, instead of destroying it :P)

Why did missiles and rockets became uglier? I cannot understand that.

What I mean is that some time ago missiles and rockets were colorful and pretty (trails), but since then they’re not now.

It’s Very hard (almost impossible) to find a game that has colorful missiles but only boring grey ones.

I Actually remember that this was one of my main reasons returning to SC.

Another question just to be sure:
Did the engine trails became less visible just because of making ships more stealthy?

Can we expect old (that was in previoius years) ship colouring/camo to return in some events or as a part of a DLC?

You have my full support in this. I liked the type colored weapons/missiles/etc a lot. Was especially useful as a guard

Will we be able to purchase craftable or DLC ships with Gold Standards or Credits (or even with Iridium maybe) in 1 January 2021 or nearby??

For instance Dyrnwyn is prohibitively expensive to craft without actually paying, and I would like to have Object NY-18.

Any plans to update the outdated/misleading tips?

Is there is a hard cap of 106000 xp gain in open space per session?

Or how is it calculated?