[Poll] Revert Open Space Changes

I dont get it. PVP is still possible, just deactivate station protection. Where is the problem?

From what I’ve seen with station protection turning it off just makes it so people can shoot me freely. which would mean I have to wait to be shot at 1st before I can attack back and sometimes that’s not the best thing lol. It’s always easier to shoot 1st ask questions later.

but still having to wait to be shot?? like I don’t wanna wait to be shot at especially since then the other player can dictate the fight. could go refit for a specific ship or weapon type. he could go get friends if he thinks hes not gonna be able to solo me… all kinds of things… he could just follow me and keep eyes on me till help arrives then turn around and gang on me… it’s not exactly fair play at this point so why would I turn it on? It’s just easier when people can shoot anyone at any time. It forces people to play and act right then and there…

I classify this as non-pre arranged PVP which is the BEST PVP because then you’re forced to think right on the spot what you are gonna do instead of taking the time to plan it out.

No. With station protection deactivated, you can attack all players that also have station protection deactivated. You do not have to wait. At least it was like dat when i played.

No. With station protection deactivated, you can attack all players that also have station protection deactivated. You do not have to wait. At least it was like dat when i played.

There’s a problem tho if I’m like the only one with station protection deactivated… lol I rarely see people with it deactivated.

Must be a bunch of carebears.

Actually 0,8x is normal win/loss rate for solo-players in T5, due to games where u dissconnect or where u face squad. If u have higher u are excepitionally skilled or fly at least sometimes in Squad.

That is due to fact that matchmaker tries to generate fair game, so normally ur win/loss would be 1. This is the skewed due to Squads or Dissconnect. If u dont believe, u are free to check some players with more then 1000 games, they normally fall in between 0,8-1 win/loss.

Seriously, stop the offense/bullying or I’m going to clean this up, and no, not just hide the posts.

My point in this discussion stands, you can do whatever the game allows you, club seals as you wish in PvP-sectors, and stop complaining about not being able to in the other sectors, if you want to fight players, play PvP.

Even so, you can discuss this as you wish, without being offensive.

indeed… I’m tired of all the offensive pointless discussion.

Game has objectives, goals… I can respect that.

Players have opinions and should respect development, players and environment.

I don’t appreciate the Station Protection, but this is not the way to do it.

On top of that… complaints are never good. Suggestions and ideas make the best out of it!

Fighting it, insulting peeps, will only make their point valid.

Although, I dig the carebear memes! :slight_smile:

indeed… I’m tired of all the offensive pointless discussion.

Game has objectives, goals… I can respect that.

Players have opinions and should respect development, players and environment.

I don’t appreciate the Station Protection, but this is not the way to do it.

On top of that… complaints are never good. Suggestions and ideas make the best out of it!

Fighting it, insulting peeps, will only make their point valid.

Although, I dig the carebear memes! :slight_smile:

It’s more the problem that the game’s objectives in open space appear to have changed, with no reasoning being put forward by the devs. They seem to want to make it PVE-only, but they are not expressing this and haven’t gone all the way (ie removing pvp completely).

Also no-one ever goes to the middle sectors except for travelling, since the loot is no better than the rest of the sectors. Travelling 6+ jumps for a small chance of PVP is not worth it.

One thing: The high rank sectors were balanced too that noone was safe. So not only NPCs were a threat to peaceful players, but all players could be your threat. But this is now completely removed for the station on players. And this can’t be turned off just if you choose it so. So where is the threatlevel now for those players?

Oh, but the rewards in the middle section are much better. It comes to how and what you look for. I wouldn’t say they want it be PvE in OS, but here’s how I see this game. I understand it’s PvP oriented. It’s started like this and it will ever be like this. Which bring me to the next point. When fighting in PvP you can have ships from 3 different ranks… would that require station protection, or a moral code to not shoot those ships? What have to be fair in a game is not a fight of equal ships, but the abillity to achieve the same results. The rest should be up to the players. OS should be a PvP sandbox, with extras (minerals, credits, synergy) as the game promote already, as per achievements, contracts and it’s own nature. Station protection does not help, nor makes the game experience any better. The only abuse I see in this game is the personal rants and the swearing that follows a kill.