[Poll] Revert Open Space Changes

What’s people gotta say about this?

Besides stealing what is in their inventory,which are the benefits of killing players in OS?

Besides stealing what is in their inventory,which are the benefits of killing players in OS?

Adding fun, and actual challenge to open space? I find it boring as hell now that it’s carebear space for no reason. It’s not just the reason of killing other players, but the idea of a potential threat at any time in other sectors that made Open Space a bit more fun than it really is honestly, as it is mostly just used for low synergy grinding and dailies at the moment due to lack of actual content…

To PvP in general… to find other players to fight… To Generate Content… In hopes that someone will come along and I can kill them so then they go to their friends or corporation and bring more people then I bring more people and we have a good fight etc…

To steal their cargo should they have anything actually good… again to generate content…

To play this game that says it’s a sandbox and be that super mean pirate and be the biggest douche bag in the world until someone else comes along and does the same to me… then I go get friends etc…

People need to learn not to cry when the game clearly says it’s a PvP zone and it’s not even like the LOW ranked zones were PvP You had to be in a rank 7 ship or higher to even go in to the PvP systems and I feel like if you’re gonna complain that higher level players are abusing you then something is wrong.

Even still right now… there are 4 systems total that are marked PvP… they are 17 systems total that require rank 10 ship… only 4 of those you can PvP in?? wtf is that? so the devs or rather 

CinnamonFake said “The main reason is simple. Too much feedback about abusing not skilled pilots in OS”

So you’re telling me people who’re flying around in rank 10 ships are bitching because they’re getting abused?? If you’ve been playing the game long enough to be in a rank 10 ship and you cry when you get PvPed then wow! please go find another game because clearly you lack mental capacity or something.

If I’d be you I would turn that offense down in your posts. 

I have nothing against free speech, as long as it’s inside the forum rules.

Ohh and 1 more thing

CinnamonFake said “The main reason is simple. Too much feedback about abusing not skilled pilots in OS”

Where is all this feedback about abusing not skilled pilots in OS? Where was the discussion on this? etc…?

I’ll give it like a week or so I bet this thread doesn’t get 50 votes even.

I’m for the revert. It make no sense to have in every sector now station protection. I’m for station protection to avoid newbies being crushed or guys shooting everyone just leaving the station. But not to the extend that you need to fly 18375 sectors to find a sector able to fight or being forced on total no protection at all.

I’m for the revert. It make no sense to have in every sector now station protection. I’m for station protection to avoid newbies being crushed or guys shooting everyone just leaving the station. But not to the extend that you need to fly 18375 sectors to find a sector able to fight or being forced on total no protection at all.

Not to mention in order to even do PvP should you be a new player who actually WANT to Open Space PVP have to grind all the way to rank 10 now to even participate.

There is nothing better than orange in Open Space.

There is nothing better than red in Open Space.

Blue isn’t good for you!

Take orange, become red!

Period.

If you want pvp, turn off station protection.

If you want to fight people who use station protection, you don’t want pvp - you want to club seals.

I’ve had some time to think lately not specifically about this thread but just games in general which is why I am actually so upset with the changes to Open Space but it goes much deeper than that as well…

I’ve played a lot of MMO’s and the one thing I’ve noticed about EVERY SINGLE ONE thus far is that they all end up the same. They all end up group or team based… What I mean by this is for example Star Conflict.

The changes made to Open Space how there is only 4 systems now to PvP in doesn’t leave any room for roaming really or any single 1v1 individual fights or maybe a small skirmish of like 2 vs 3 etc… It will become a masses thing where you’ll have multiple corporations involved most likely and becomes a cluster ****

EVE Online became the same more n more after the Faction Warfare expansion. Low Security space became clogged with roaming gangs of 30-60+ you couldnt solo anymore and I guess thats where my problem is these days… I LOVE to solo… I love not feeling like I’m gonna get blobbed by 10-20 or more guys… and the problem is that companies change the game so that it becomes the norm… ALL popular MMO’s these days have no real solo mechanics they’re all group based.

EVE
Star Conflict
Star Citizen
ArcheAge
Elder Scrolls
Word of Warcraft
DayZ (Yea can run solo but in order to get maxed health again n such you need someone who’s the same blood type as you and is willing to do blood transfusion) isn’t really an MMO but I’ll count it.
The Division

​so on and so forth… 

If you want pvp, turn off station protection.

If you want to fight people who use station protection, you don’t want pvp - you want to club seals.

It’s not that I WANNA club seals or what ever it’s I wanna be able to do PVP where I’m not forced into huge battles. I can fly around and kinda do my own thing but also should I encounter someone I can PvP them 1v1 or even 1v2 as long as I’m not getting killed like 1v8 or something ridiculous. I feel like the only reason why things like THIS happen is 2 reason. 1 the people doing it are just doing it to be rude/mean/asses what ever or 2 they are doing it because the game mechanics force it like in most MMO’s currently.

This is something no game so far has done correctly. EVE Online had AMAZING solo PvP but that was ruined long time ago. I liked the vast and openness of Open Space because it kinda gave me the nostalgic feeling back I felt with EVE before.

This is my reason for not liking the change specifically. the least they could do is open up the other 13 rank 10 zones that arn’t marked as PvP currently… I feel only have 4 zones for PvP is far to small and if people are gonna complain or cry about being killed in a rank 10 zone then well that should be their fault. Maybe even change the zones and make them rank 12’s because then that way at least people can fly the rank 12 premium ships in there or be in a ranked 12 ship. this would also remove the rank 11 destroyers so no need to worry about abunch of people roaming in destroyers n such. force everyone in to an actual ship of some sort.

Hope my point is made… I know I’m not the ONLY one who likes to solo and do things on their own… it all comes down to $ though… companies make more $ from the group based content because it gets more people playing and the more people playing = more $… it’s sad tho cause it completely alienates another whole group of people and so we’re forced in to things we don’t wanna do.

The problem with the financial argument is this; for every player who you win over by allowing no-rules pvp, you’ll lose a hundred more who will never play a game like that. Unrestricted, brutal PvP is a niche market that the overwhelming majority DO NOT WANT!

Prime example of this is Runescape. Years ago, Runescape basically removed all PvP from the game. If official polls are to be believed, 90% of the player community wanted PvP put back, so a few years later it was.

Runescape also made not one, but TWO PvP focused games - Darkscape, where the PvP zone rules applied everywhere, and a more sophisticated version called Deadman Mode where dying was basically a do-over.

Both of these game modes suffered the exact same fate; player counts fell through the floor once the initial “wow, new stuff!” factor went away, which was then followed by repeated nerfs to make it “friendlier” for casual players to get more people playing, before finally being abandoned due to lack of interest.

Other companies have tried and failed to tap into this market - a market we are told repeated there’s a huge demand for, yet nobody ever puts up the cash to support it. Why? Because there isn’t a huge demand for it. Open Space has been a huge waste of time and resources, so now they need to claw back as much of that content as they can. Single player PvE is the easiest way to do that.

Unrestricted, brutal PvP is a niche market that the overwhelming majority DO NOT WANT!

Yeah =/ it sucks too cause everything else bores me to death lol. I just feel like I’m doing the same xxxx over n over where as when there’s a sense of loss or risk vs reward then there’s a REASON to do it instead of just kill/die then rinse and repeat.

I feel like gaming is losing it’s grasp for me… nothings the same as it used to be 10-12 years ago :frowning:

10-12  years ago? o.O

It’s not that old lol

pvp in open space makes as much sense as shooting someone for driving a boat on a lake in real life.

I dont get it. PVP is still possible, just deactivate station protection. Where is the problem?

I am not a fan of the station protection everywhere, but I can deal with it.

A wise man said one day, if you want to fight players, play PvP.

10-12  years ago? o.O

It’s not that old lol

It was 10-12 years ago that EVE Online was actually good… It was 10-12 years ago we didn’t have crap games like all these new Call of Duties… If anyone remembers old school CoD: UO or COD 2 days or hell even Medal of Honor Allied Assault :smiley:

Games were better back then, not saying it’s OLD but the times back then sure were a hell of a lot better lol. Lot of good memories.

Space Carebears is OoooooooooooooooooooooooN ! Kissssssoooooooooooooouuuuuu Kisssssssssssssoooooooooooouuuuu !

JDOHCJpIfePlj.jpg

It was 10-12 years ago that EVE Online was actually good… It was 10-12 years ago we didn’t have crap games like all these new Call of Duties… If anyone remembers old school CoD: UO or COD 2 days or hell even Medal of Honor Allied Assault :smiley:

Games were better back then, not saying it’s OLD but the times back then sure were a hell of a lot better lol. Lot of good memories.

Oh sorry, I misread and thought you meant this game in particular ^^