Please... fix the bots.

I know this has been brought up most likely more than once… but please, please nerf the bots. I do believe they should be removed from PvE, but I also participate in co-op and it is extremely unbalanced. Bots will dog-pile/focus-fire on one player sometimes and that’s really not fair if you’re someone like me who prefers frigates and destroyers and main ships, even my interceptors get shot down in 5 seconds by a surprise beam cannon, and I have no time to take cover or avoid it. LRF bots will also fire in unison which I can’t even begin to tell you how annoying and infuriating that is. There are players that will say I or my ships need to “git gud”, but none of that makes a difference when no matter how good your ships are, the bots will still take you down in a short amount of time.

This isn’t how it should be and I’m not sure how many more complaints need to be made before this is changed, because it needs to be soon. I want to keep playing this game, but not like this, and I’m pretty sure the same goes for a lot of other players who are tempted to leave the game, but don’t cause they still have some small shred of hope or interest in the game. I really don’t understand how making the bots so unbelievably Skynet-strong was considered balanced in any way at all. As some have said before, the devs don’t play the game anymore, so they wouldn’t know what’s going on. If this is the case, please hear out our opinions, cause honestly this is so mind-blowingly absurd and I don’t how to put it any other way. This game can be so good and have so much to offer, but with more than just recent updates, things have gone downhill very fast, and with the fact that this game continues to push updates, I’m somewhat convinced the devs don’t want this game to die out like some players truly believe.

There have been numerous players even veteran players that have left the game due to these kinds of things, and when some of the most notorious players leave, then that’s when something needs be done, when even the most dedicated feel completely cheated by the very game they invested so much time and effort in. Is it really too much to ask for this to change? Too much to see it from the players’ point of view? There has to be some explanation other that the devs are “tired/sick/bored of the game” or “they’re Russian”, I’m not so sure being Russian is even part of the issue, and if the devs were truly sick of the game, wouldn’t it make more sense to just shut it down enitrely rather than subject players to this… ? There has to be logic here all jokes aside.

So in conclusion… please remove bots from PvP and PvE, and re-balance them in co-op. I know you can’t make everyone happy, but the least you can do is try. A lot of these updates have received a lot of heat in terms of how it affects the game, and I’d hope in any dev’s perspective that’d be taken into consideration, even if the devs don’t play their own game.

I really hope that something is changed in the next patch, and I hope this post even makes some difference rather than none, cause I know complaining in-game chat doesn’t do anything as my messages fall on deaf ears…

Just regarding vs AI (aka Coop). Every time I see a topic like that I am saying the very same thing - bots have increased stats, because it compensates their stupidity. Don’t try to tank LRF with interceptor. Get behind it (LRF has a huge blindzone) and pound it from there. That will not work against engies, unless you have a Skrah weapon to get rid of the drones. As they are different to players ships, use different tactics and builds. Staying in the open in this game as a whole is dangerous. Against bots - it’s just not viable if you don’t have a ship that is designed to tank. I was asked to record one of my Detonation matches, however I didn’t get one for the rest of the day I was playing. I got a few videos of other game modes. In one I tried to get focused by as many bots as possible to see if they are buffed in comparison to what was before. Well - here is the video of that game. 

Spoiler

As you can see - properly built guard can go 1vs3 in the open no problem. In other game I tried to play engineer vs destroyers. Got my two kills and 23 assists… 

For detonation the easiest way is just to look if someone took a fast ship. If yes - then take something with tank or firepower (guard or LRF) and clear the battlefield for planters. If enemy took destroyers for Detonation - take LRF and kill them or get a fast ship, plant the first bomb to get an advantage and then wait till your team will tie the enemy to plant another one. Take support ships only if there is something you can support.

I would like to enter my opinion here, because I don’t entirely agree with this. I do belive there are things that need to be changed, but I don’t see problems bots as particularly big issue.

In Coop, where their stats are increased quite a bit, they don’t pose much of a problem. It’s true that if you get it 1v1 situation you’ll die quite quickly, if your ship is not suited to counter this particular class, but those situations are entirely avoidable. In Domination and Beacon hunt it’s rarely nessesary for players to fight the bots at all, because they’re late for the beacons. In Detonation it’s easy to outrun the bots, and you carry the bomb outside their sensor range, if you’re worried that you’ll be shot down before you can plant the bomb. In Elimination, you just need to stay with other players, and focus one ship at the time. 

TL;DR You don’t beat bots with stonger ships, but with team play. (mostly.)(Thats how I play, obviously this is not reflective of every player. I have seen players that can 1v3 bots with ease.)

In PVP, to be honest I don’t think it matters that much. You get equal amount of bots one each side, and that’s fair. It is pretty dumb when the game matches you with 1 player and gives them 5 bots, but that’s deffinetly better than if you were just 1v1, or had to wait 3 minutes for another six players to join. I think the advantage of reduced waiting time outweighs the inconveniences of presence of bots in PVP.

In PvE, yes, bots really are annoying to play with, but it actually improved, It went from bots dealing litlle damage, they had very little health, and were respawning constantly, often ignoring objectives, to bots being pretty much as good as players. And in PvE you acctualy have a choice. If you don’t want to play with bots, go squad.

Too lazy to write wall of text so here’s my bold points:

-Remove bots from PvP

-remove beam cannon from bots in all modes

-only allow up to 3-4 bots to target one player to prevent focusing and clumping

What happend with dfficulty? Bots were perfect. Lasy players cant win… so what? It was almost getting to be a team game. By nesecity. Now /as of 22.10.18/ it’s walk in the park… stupid, pointless and presents no chalange at all. And why the change? Because of some whining Aces? “Ohhh… it was easy for me… now my setup doesent match and is very hard” - well… ADAPT and work for victory.

On 10/15/2018 at 11:32 AM, Not_rusty said:

I would like to enter my opinion here, because I don’t entirely agree with this. I do belive there are things that need to be changed, but I don’t see problems bots as particularly big issue.

In Coop, where their stats are increased quite a bit, they don’t pose much of a problem. It’s true that if you get it 1v1 situation you’ll die quite quickly, if your ship is not suited to counter this particular class, but those situations are entirely avoidable. In Domination and Beacon hunt it’s rarely nessesary for players to fight the bots at all, because they’re late for the beacons. In Detonation it’s easy to outrun the bots, and you carry the bomb outside their sensor range, if you’re worried that you’ll be shot down before you can plant the bomb. In Elimination, you just need to stay with other players, and focus one ship at the time. 

TL;DR You don’t beat bots with stonger ships, but with team play. (mostly.)(Thats how I play, obviously this is not reflective of every player. I have seen players that can 1v3 bots with ease.)

In PVP, to be honest I don’t think it matters that much. You get equal amount of bots one each side, and that’s fair. It is pretty dumb when the game matches you with 1 player and gives them 5 bots, but that’s deffinetly better than if you were just 1v1, or had to wait 3 minutes for another six players to join. I think the advantage of reduced waiting time outweighs the inconveniences of presence of bots in PVP.

In PvE, yes, bots really are annoying to play with, but it actually improved, It went from bots dealing litlle damage, they had very little health, and were respawning constantly, often ignoring objectives, to bots being pretty much as good as players. And in PvE you acctualy have a choice. If you don’t want to play with bots, go squad.

POLSKI

ANGIELSKI

NIEMIECKI

1165/5000

1 Bots are cool in PVE and CO-OP

2 They should improve the intelligence of bots in PVE because bots fly at the end of the map and then die outside the safe region, then they reborn and do the same.

3 I should remove the bots from PVP in the end is Player V Player and recently my PVP games look like there is Player V 3-7 bots 15s and 420k hp destroyer is silent and I do not say what is happening with my units.

4 If they so choose pvp with bots, let them do a new mode or add in the settings, “PVP without bots” sections that links players only to those servers where there are no added bots. Szcerze is willing to wait these 3 minutes for a match than to lose 5 battles in this time because of bots that do nothing.

5 If these bots in PVP will be improved intelligence because I once got a fight where my bots flew all over the map and did nothing and in the other team they were destroying the players one by one.

6 If these bots will be in PVP, then you should add some quick marks to the target and work on the bots to react correctly and then you can think of leaving them because now you can control them if they fly next to you and are targeted at you.