++ Petition to balance the PvE system according to the max. PvE difficulty levels ++

24 minutes ago, Wingover2 said:

Yes, I am sour because of all the hours I’ve wasted playing their friggin’ level 1 and listening to people like you. 

I want to hear from someone else now.

Whoops

18 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Hide contents

too bad because I’m here and I’m passive aggressive

Spoiler

And what does this golden sentence contribute to the topic? Nothing. Simply because you ran out of constructive arguments.

I hope you know that I’m trying to get backing from hundreds of individuals who feel the same way, but for some reason they don’t come raining in.

Instead. I get one hopeless doubter and a spammer…which is not necessarily what we wanted to achieve. 

7 minutes ago, Wingover2 said:

Hide contents

And what does this golden sentence contribute to the topic? Nothing. Simply because you ran out of constructive arguments.

I hope you know that I’m trying to get backing from hundreds of individuals who feel the same way, but for some reason they don’t come raining in.

Instead. I get one hopeless doubter and a spammer…which is not necessarily what I wanted to achieve. 

My apologies for the previous message. I was mad at something else and it stemmed out in to this.

On the topic: I have made my case and it has not been heard. I really do not have anything else to say so I wish you the best of luck in finding some sort of resolution to this.

14 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Hide contents

My apologies for the previous message. I was mad at something else and it stemmed out in to this.

On the topic: I have made my case and it has not been heard. I really do not have anything else to say so I wish you the best of luck in finding some sort of resolution to this.

Spoiler

Okay, then we’re good. I have now stated enough things for the future and hope that something about this starts moving.

All we need is the heaps of players who rage quit and get frustrated. Where are they?

(This topic has 222 views and it’s literally just us.)

It could help for say people who want to do less than level 5 or so.

But how do you plan to stop people in r14 destroyers picking level 3? It’s even more annoying because you know they could do up to level 15 especially if you have high power and defence, could carry them a little if needed. But level 3? They can do that by themselves.

On 7/29/2019 at 6:34 AM, Wingover2 said:

Players, who just finished PvE level 19 , will certainly unlock level 20.

• Now, after winning 20 , these players will most certainly have strong enough ships to work dearly on unlocking level 21.
  • They are not allowed to vote a level lower than 20, because most good players are wild savages anyway and won’t accept beginner stuff.

Nope. lvl 20 is 15% more difficult than 19. 21 is 15% more difficult than 20 (32% increase of difficulty requires at least 10 levels of boosts more) . Also if someone is successful in Destroyer at lvl 20 where the firepower is required, is forced to play a destroyer from now on, because even his LRF cannot deal the same amount of damage. Also using support role ships will be difficult as you are not sure which map will be selected (there are different builds for Berserker for Cap Dread and Ariadne for example). You go to Fire Support with full kinetic/thermal resists, where going to Processing Rig without EM resists is a suicide.

I’m gladly sacrificing a few minutes to get my squad ready with roles clearly assigned to play high-level PvE that guarantees win. I go to random queue only when I have an Iridium task of winning a map (but then I know at least which map will be on) and without any prospects of getting insignia or credits.

On 7/29/2019 at 3:34 PM, Wingover2 said:

As you might see, this causes a lot of friction between players, causing many to rage quit, and many just breaking into insults, or getting it aggressively done by doing a speedrun that leaves the beginners dazzled.

1 minute ago, RennieAshII said:

screenshot-190811-233754.png.e11c65bbd1f38d9665130fc4b912531d.png

Classic PvE lv.2 - one person probably leaves, the others get to be “dazzled by an aggressive speedrun”

On 8/2/2019 at 4:02 AM, Wingover2 said:

Hide contents

Instead.

Maybe they found “invite to group” and “add to friends” options?

Seriously in most cases random people do want low level maps. I went to random queue and one time they selected lvl 13 was when the other player with boosts disconnected and I was left with 1/1 covops and gunship in Ellydium Plant Raid. We made it as far as spawning of the last transport and me last standing player. 

No, thank you. 

Bad idea Wingover. Make a team of 4 and play the level you want.

I’ll give this idea a green light. I’m used to playing Level 15 PvEs, but la-dee-da, along comes a player wielding a Katana S or another fairly strong ship, and hits Level 3 as his/her selection. My +200% bonus crumbled to a +25%, just to be safe and save on the price tag in case s/he crashes his/her ship! I mean, do you know how expensive Destroyer ammo are just for a single battle?! A Level 3 PvE will barely cut cover restocking costs, much less T5 module upgrades! Oh, and let’s not talk about “those players” that set Level 1, then intentionally bail out of the battle to leave the other 3 with a Level 1 PvE in their hands.

Sorry for the aggressive “reasoning”. Just put off by annoying players. But I’ll give a thumbs-up on this proposal.

A practical thing that cristallized out of all this thinking would be to use a “Easy, Medium and Hard” popup.

Example:

Easy: 1 > 20

Medium: 21 > 49

Hard: 50  > ∞

And then you start matchmaking. It would be only 3 lobbys.

I know this post was made a long time ago, but I searched for some discussion about it, and I’m really shocked at what people would think of me if I brought the PvE level down.
I’m a new player, but I already bought a destroyer pack because I was amazed, but I don’t have the courage to pull the pve level down because I know I would be insulted for free.
So I see a frigate doing 10x more damage than a destroyer and taking a lot of hits. me with a destroyer doing less than him in every way. I honestly only had fun in this game when I was with friends, because random pve doesn’t suit me. Honestly I would prefer that I could play alone while I can’t find another one of my level :c

This is because the frigate most likely had much higher PvE progression (higher attack and defense levels) as well as a good seed chip setup. I have barely any PvE levels, but I have a great seed chip selection for my destroyer, so I often appear at the top of effectiveness. (Unless there is a Tai’Kin or other high rank Recon in the battle lol)

wie konnte dass denn passierren,… ? dass mit der unsterblichkeit

This might be a bit of a stretch, but I think that the lower leveled players should be boosted to the level of the player with the highest offense/defense insignia upgrades.

As was said by the OP, there’s a lot of friction caused by the system, seed-chips complicate it even further.

At this point it’s probably best that the most upgraded player is the “anchor” that others boost to, because otherwise it’s the same story every time… Everyone pops instantly when shot at, their weapons are utterly ineffective, and enemy missiles do enough damage to one-tap a destroyer with 300 resistance to the type.

I would rather wait longer in a queue or run missions solo than deal with people trying to bully me into voting for a higher difficulty where I’ll be unable to damage anything and simply get one-shot. I’m honestly amazed that the system continues to exist the way it does, as it will more than certainly drive newer players away from the game all together.

The problem was already visible few weeks after release of the system but devs didn’t bother fixing it then and I doubt they will fix it now.

Any fun that PvE still had before is long gone and also I doubt devs even care about new players. They are too busy adding more timed exclusive ships and more battle passes for people to pay for.

Comments here sums up the SC:

[quote=Many players just found this game over Steam right in this second and just recently, one night, I couldn’t believe how many new 1/1 players ruined our sessions.
[/quote]

This right here is why games have trouble bouncing back. Veterans treating new players like a disease and not the shot in the arm of new blood that will keep their beloved game going. I started playing at the games inception and played about a year before “life” happened. I came back a couple of months ago to a lot of different changes but I still had a decent stable of ships and the combat was still as satisfying as I remember so I reinvested into the game.

Other than the reckless addition of the destroyers into Skirmish/PVP/PVE ( seriously broke balance with those) the game seems to be …okay… balance wise.

PVE ( where you are addressing ) is where I found the most problems with matchmaking. I started with 0 insignias for missions so either I was helpful in a scenario or I was destroyed immediately and being carried for the remainder of the mission.

If I dropped the mission level to a tolerable level I would immediately receive backlash for doing it from anyone with a 50+ modifier ( almost glad I can’t read Russian from the treatment I got from them in the mission after lowering it.) and if I didn’t drop the difficulty 7 times out of 10 we would lose because it was one high level person with the other 1 or 2 not geared or just looking to get carried. If you really think you can solo the 4 man event and don’t mind carrying 3 other players that is one thing, but do you really think new players would be fine with them being instakilled and then sit there while you take 20+ minutes to solo all the mechanics in your Albireo? (Seriously destroyers shouldn’t be in anything but open world content for large scale events in my opinion if you want a tank then guard frigates are perfectly useful in that regards, the damage of a dessie with decent seed chips is just for your ego)

I am now at a point where I can handle level 25 fairly easily but I still get blow-back when I see people put 80+ in. And then when I accept it we all die in a matter of minutes and it becomes a 75/25 on losing the mission.

TLDR: Stop treating new players like a plague when they are the ones that can keep your game going. Learn some patience because if a new player doesn’t learn anything staring at the game dead in a mission then they won’t stick around. You can reply over and over with " Learn to play, join a corporation, get good." But if you don’t treat people with even the semblance of welcoming , they won’t help keep your game going.

Hi, Canadian player here.
I like the idea you propose, I think the game could use a PvE queuing system that places players with similar clearance levels together (much like a ranking system). If the devs feel like this would seperate the player base, they can add a little slider next to the selection menu that enables a mentor mode, which puts you into less powerful teams.