Open Space PKing

Is anything being done about all of the PKing (player killing) outside of the PvP areas of the map? At lower tiers the AI in open space are plenty of challenge without getting killed the moment you leave your hanger. I am getting very tired of trying to go out and do the daily open space missions for the secret ship only to find some tier 5 ship sitting outside of the hanger waiting for people to leave.

Apologies if this is already in discussion somewhere, but I couldn’t find it.

Hello Illuminati and welcome to our forum,

Make sure you have the Station Protection turned on under your game option if you just started playing open space.

Regards,

Is anything being done about all of the PKing (player killing) outside of the PvP areas of the map? At lower tiers the AI in open space are plenty of challenge without getting killed the moment you leave your hanger. I am getting very tired of trying to go out and do the daily open space missions for the secret ship only to find some tier 5 ship sitting outside of the hanger waiting for people to leave.

Apologies if this is already in discussion somewhere, but I couldn’t find it.

Your name is the problem.

When I see you, you will not escape me!

^^^^^^^^

flat,550x550,075,f.u1.jpg

If you have station protection on, nobody can hurt you outside of PvP zones.

Your name is the problem.

When I see you, you will not escape me!

Im not Illuminati_sama in game, I think the forums copied that from steam.

I have station protection on, and positive karma, but often I will exit the hanger and as soon as the 10 sec immunity is gone players (often in much higher tiered ships) will open fire and kill me.

the other day I was on my way to a warp gate and half way there I hear the missile warning. Boom, one shot by a doomsday.

Only ever managed to fight back once, and that was because a friend left first and was in a frigate.

I have station protection on, and positive karma, but often I will exit the hanger and as soon as the 10 sec immunity is gone players (often in much higher tiered ships) will open fire and kill me.

the other day I was on my way to a warp gate and half way there I hear the missile warning. Boom, one shot by a doomsday.

Only ever managed to fight back once, and that was because a friend left first and was in a frigate.

If you have station protection on and you’re in a PvE zone is impossible that that happened to you. Either you were in a PvP zone and you didn’t know it, or you think you have station protection on and you don’t. Literally impossible that with station protection someone attacks you just after leaving the hangar.

There’s NPC with missiles… Just to let you know. Not sure if they have Doomsday though.

But as they already said, if you have station protection on, and someone fires on you for years, he won’t be able to scratch your shields. Unless you’re in a pvp zone.

So you are in a squad? 

If said friend has station protection OFF then YOU also DO NOT get station protection. :wink:

So you are in a squad? 

If said friend has station protection OFF then YOU also DO NOT get station protection. :wink:

that was only one of the times, and we both had it on.

I have been trying to get screen shots for proof, but I have not even seen anything but AI outside of pvp since posting this.

Protection is on by default right?

upload a screenshot of your station protection config (in options)

You need a screenshot of if you are attacked as it will show "station protection " on your HUD if you are protected.

Here are screenshots from open space and the settings. haven’t had time to play as much, but next time someone kills me outside of the station I will screenshot it.

post-255887-0-69638000-1437355662.jpg

post-255887-0-33275800-1437355673.jpg

Here are screenshots from open space and the settings. haven’t had time to play as much, but next time someone kills me outside of the station I will screenshot it.

In this configuration In this area

no other player can kill you. 

The only way is if you are in a squad and the other player has station protection off. There also was a bug once but not much was ever made of it…

I understand that in that area with that configuration that no other player should be able to kill me, but it has happened in three different cases with four different players, and multiple deaths each time. they just sat outside the station waiting for players to exit. I have checked with the people I was in a squad with and all of them had protections on. I also have had two cases where I made it back in the hanger before being killed, one when I had left and turned around because I started taking damage, and one returning from an adjacent zone.

Other players can’t hurt you if you have station protection on. There’s a couple different reasons that you might have station protection removed:

Aggressor status (from attacking police or some such in PvP sectors) lasts for 10 seconds or so.

Criminal status (from having attacked police or a positive karma player that has just died) lasts for five minutes.

Squadding with players who do not have station protection.

Please attach some logs or screen shots when you can next find them. Screen shots are hard to get at the right time, but logs are pretty easy to find. They’re probably in C:/program files (x86)/steam/SteamApps/common/Star Conflict/logs/[insert latest date here].