Open space cruise mode

hi, another thing i did not find discussed before. very often i just want to get from station a to station b for whatever reason. many players make it a full time job to kill new or weak players(all while on t4 ship) with their prem or maxed out t5. add to this predators and other galactic menaces and you spend hours in futile attempts. bear in mind not everyone rushes a tackler or recon line to zip around unhindered. what i want to suggest is a cruise mode of sorts: you can enable this only in hangar before you undock. the effects will be that you cant be shot at/shoot(by players, not pirates or aliens) while in any zone, even pvp. the drawback will be that you wont be able to pick anything else other than fuel cells. yes the aim is only to get from station a to b and not get killed 20 times.

regards

The shortest path between any two stations requires you to pick up only 50 fuel, and go through two PvP sectors – the frontier. Considering how easy it is to avoid predators and hunters, and how players are only a threat for an extremely short leg of the journey, I think it’s perfectly fine. Learn how to deal with people shooting you, that’s all you need to do.

oh really? a frigate rank 10 encounters tacklers covops and gunships rank 15. think a bit before you say stupid things like :easy to avoid:

1. No need to be a jackazz.

2. You willingly take a risk of dying upon undocking. This game will not babysit you and hold your hand on the way to another station or your mission. You are placing yourself at the mercy of space pirates and aliens every time you are going into pvp sectors.

3. There already is a way to get to another station unhindered: play a few games of pvp and buy your 800k credit ferry.

oh really? a frigate rank 10 encounters tacklers covops and gunships rank 15. think a bit before you say stupid things like :easy to avoid:

Assuming you like going between stations as an engineer, use your bonus to speed to your advantage – and don’t forget your natural ability to tank and regenerate damage. Engineers have warp gates, as well, which makes them able to cross 5000m in 2.5 seconds every minute or so. Simply go around the edge of the map and use the warpgate to escape any particularly close calls with aliens.

Assuming you like going between stations as an LRF, use the ability to cloak and the 50% extra DPS to your advantage. Your tank should still be formidable, especially if built for open space, as the most difficult to avoid damages are EM and thermal. Again, go around the edges of the map, cloak when aggro’d and avoid agressing aliens when possible – but don’t forget that your weapons can deal with them better than any other frigate’s.

Assuming you like going between stations as a guard, you should be tanky as heck and come equipped with several ways to deal with many enemies at once. Pulsar hits all enemies within range, and signature masking decreases damage taken from all enemies in range. Combine with phase shield, which makes tanking EM extremely easy, and the guard healing modules which can be further supplemented by multipurpose modules, and you shouldn’t die even if you’re flying with only one hand. Just go around the edges of the map, avoid aggroing aliens, and get through.

If you’re complaining about player aggro, then clearly you’re not playing the same open space that I am.

That cruise mode is already implemented. It has a fee of 800.000 credits at Rank 10.

You are welcome.

Open space is for the tough… kill or get killed… its a hard life out there in the big ocean of stars. I didn’t choose to be a space cowboy. Space got me…

Open space is for the tough… kill or get killed… its a hard life out there in the big ocean of stars. I didn’t choose to be a space cowboy. Space got me…

syukn8.png

I guess speed would be one solution, using a speedy ship.