New leveling system is extremely hostile to returning players.

14 hours ago, niripas said:

TBH: you are the first person that I know of that was selling his modules and not maxing out ships. People with max rank 5 ships are higher in pilot level than you too.

I do not give a flying f- about what other people do or have.

The new system sets me back, and probably does so too to anyone else who didn’t play much in between the 2 leveling system changes.

At a fundamental level, completionism based leveling is forcing playstyles and unwanted items onto players, which is simply wrong.

If I want to skip tiers(most of my tier skipping is gaps I was too disheartened to fill in after the last transition), I should be free to do so.

but since you play only LRF and Engie (your gunships are at R9 still, so I don’t think you play them) - why do you need more?

You think wrong: I purchased the frigate first due to the enforced OS bull$#!@, and use fighters and frigates of the highest rank available. AVAILABLE, because now that there’s even more &#!@ing grind to do, availability is in short order. I want my 4th slot so that maybe I can take a bloody interceptor without crippling my other options.

Also you have most of your ships not maxed up - those are progression points as well, so maybe you will hit that lvl 12 sooner than you think. 

“Sooner”… i.e. as soon as I give enough of a damn to buy an interceptor of the precise type I do not want(a current campaign requirement), and do a dozen more missions in open space which are absolute garbage.

I started playing this game because I wanted to shoot ships in space. That doesn’t mean however I don’t want to use the nicer ships though, and I won’t be able to unless I progress through the parts I have no interest in, which weren’t here when I started and were at least optional until not long ago.

5 hours ago, Naqel said:

I do not give a flying f- about what other people do or have.

You know what? Me neither. Trying to help you here to get your ships. But with such a language and approach I don’t think you are even asking for help. 

You are perfectly right that you want to play the way you like to play.

7 hours ago, Naqel said:

At a fundamental level, completionism based leveling is forcing playstyles and unwanted items onto players, which is simply wrong.

i am all for freedoms and stuff, but unlocking the ships is really not an issue if you just do it horizontally instead of vertically

its a lot harder to go up the ladder by ship role. i had to accept that aswell, as i was almost explicitly flying covert ops for ages. but once i leveled all ships until r9, t4 unlocked in a week, t5 even less, and i have not flown most ships more than once or twice, most lrf i even leveled completely with free synergy. it was a lot harder in the past, and by a lot i mean like ages longer, also because items were bound to tier.

as someone once said

just… do it! yes you can!

8 hours ago, Naqel said:

At a fundamental level …

If I want to skip tiers(most of my tier skipping is gaps I was too disheartened to fill in after the last transition), I should be free to do so. …

![:blink:](< base_url >/uploads/emoticons/blink.gif “:blink:”) ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”) really mate, what’s the problem, here? You’re free to to so. I mayself bought me (1st time)  r15 ships in 2014 new year because I thought that would help me unlock all the mysteries of the open space incl. collecting ores tec.

I did grind all the neodium for my 1st destroyer in open space…

Man, really buy some decent DLCs if you want it quick, then, or just level up some ships (which isn’t that hard now, in comparison)

On 3/9/2018 at 11:20 PM, avarshina said:

(which isn’t that hard now, in comparison)

I would not mind if the grind was 10 times worse, if I at least got to do it the way I want to do it: without a %@&#ing checklist of things you have to do daily, and without ever having to touch the absolutely horrid Open Space.

When I started, all you needed to do to unlock everything was grind credits: the way to do that was fighting in intense space battles against other players(or bots)

Nowdays there’s a million and a half activities you HAVE TO DO, that have nothing to do with the reasons I started(and occasionally return to) playing the game, and are in fact actively detrimental to my gaming experience. There are infinitely better games for when I want to do exploration instead of combat, and there is increasingly less things I enjoy about this one.

3 hours ago, Naqel said:

I would not mind if the grind was 10 times worse, if I at least got to do it the way I want to do it: without a %@&#ing checklist of things you have to do daily, and without ever having to touch the absolutely horrid Open Space.

When I started, all you needed to do to unlock everything was grind credits: the way to do that was fighting in intense space battles against other players(or bots)

Nowdays there’s a million and a half activities you HAVE TO DO, that have nothing to do with the reasons I started(and occasionally return to) playing the game, and are in fact actively detrimental to my gaming experience. There are infinitely better games for when I want to do exploration instead of combat, and there is increasingly less things I enjoy about this one.

There are 5 open space assignments for 25 campaign objectives. You can choose the assassination type to ease the pain if you want. All others can be done by conventional battles. (I don’t remember when do you hit the lvl 12, sorry, but much sooner than this 25th mission). Checklist? No. The only thing you care if you want to level up is the main campaign story (and having enough points) . You don’t need to do anything else for progression in pilot level. Regarding the points - from level 7 to 12 you need around 9000 xp (sorry I don’t have enough data to approximate it - it’s somewhere between 8500 and 9500 points). Considering each synergy level is 20 points and you have a lot of unleveled modules, that’s 45 synergy levels or 20 synergy levels and 25 modules. That’s it. 

Please don’t answer with another post “but I don’t want to do this” - that’s ok. No one is forcing you to play differently from what you want to play. But to advance in levels - those are requirements.

Also - I made this exception and wrote this for my own curiosity - how hard is it to unlock lvl 12. Normally when someone is yelling and having a tantrum I ignore this person till the fit ends. I learned a lot of such behaviour from my younger, 2 year old daughter. I don’t know if you finished school already, but there are ways of expressing yourself without using pig latin and yelling.

I am not like the new system. The changes are way to much for me to soak in. I feel the changes cheapened the feel of the game. I tried to play again now, but frustrated and quit. I guess this is the end for sc for me. Other than idling for the mono bonus I am have not been in the game.

I just came here to say that. I have no interest atm in trying to figure this mess out. I got too much going on. I already know asking to put it back is out of the question.

31 minutes ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

I am not like the new system. The changes are way to much for me to soak in. I feel the changes cheapened the feel of the game. I tried to play again now, but frustrated and quit. I guess this is the end for sc for me. Other than idling for the mono bonus I am have not been in the game.

I just came here to say that. I have no interest atm in trying to figure this mess out. I got too much going on. I already know asking to put it back is out of the question.

There is nothing to figure out really. The gamaplay hasnt really changed. You can do some new missions to obtain resources faster, open space is less boring and the modules have a new look. Nothing too drastic really ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

59 minutes ago, DrDeath_ScD said:

ABout the month ago, you promised to quit the game since you would have no more time to spare, so I do not see how that related to any in-game changes.

Hello, I’m new in the forum but have a while in the game.

Sorry to bring back this topic but I’d like to say something.

I can’t really agree on this system because of the fact that the game is actually forcing you to spend resources in stuff you may not probably want. And the keyword here is " Forcing", because if you don’t do it you can’t  progress Even tho i don’t really mind leveling all the ships in the game, it bothers me that I have to also farm and level up weapons and modules I won’t really use, just to fulfil the “atlas” so I can level up too. For instance, this delays the progress I had planned in time due to the spending of credits and even loyalty.

The “Atlas” should be more like a collectible book for those people that actually want to grind to complete it, shouldn’t influence your progression or level.

Cheers.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, is not my first language (?)

5 hours ago, SilverPhantom7 said:

Hello, I’m new in the forum but have a while in the game.

Sorry to bring back this topic but I’d like to say something.

I can’t really agree on this system because of the fact that the game is actually forcing you to spend resources in stuff you may not probably want. And the keyword here is " Forcing", because if you don’t do it you can’t  progress Even tho i don’t really mind leveling all the ships in the game, it bothers me that I have to also farm and level up weapons and modules I won’t really use, just to fulfil the “atlas” so I can level up too. For instance, this delays the progress I had planned in time due to the spending of credits and even loyalty.

The “Atlas” should be more like a collectible book for those people that actually want to grind to complete it, shouldn’t influence your progression or level.

Cheers.

PS: Sorry for my bad english, is not my first language (?)

You seriously contradict yourself here. If you don’t mind levelling up all ships, then XP points just from synergy levels of non-premium ships from Empire, Federation and Jericho are enough to get you to pilot level 16. But all ships come with some weapons/modules and that’s extra points. To get to level 17 (which probably will be required to get to one of  the now unavailable sectors) you will need 2340 XP points over what you will get from synergy levels and that’s 47 purple modules or 4 fully equipped rank 7 ships or higher. Or 8 R1-R3 ships. 

All required info is HERE

1 hour ago, niripas said:

You seriously contradict yourself here. If you don’t mind levelling up all ships, then XP points just from synergy levels of non-premium ships from Empire, Federation and Jericho are enough to get you to pilot level 16. But all ships come with some weapons/modules and that’s extra points. To get to level 17 (which probably will be required to get to one of  the now unavailable sectors) you will need 2340 XP points over what you will get from synergy levels and that’s 47 purple modules or 4 fully equipped rank 7 ships or higher. Or 8 R1-R3 ships. 

All required info is HERE

Hi, thanks for answering.

1. “You seriously contradict yourself here. If you don’t mind levelling up all ships, then XP points just from synergy levels of non-premium ships from Empire, Federation and Jericho are enough to get you to pilot level 16” It’s different when that is a must in order to keep leveling my pilot lvl, plus think the time that takes in order to progress knowing that ea lvl gives only 20xp. (Now I feel that I cannot skip a ship because if i don’t lvl it, I won’t progress in the game).

2. “But all ships come with some weapons/modules and that’s extra points”. No, sir. You cannot level the same modules in order to get XP points; so those are not extra.  (Only those weaps nor modules that have the same name but are for different tiers count and still, how about if I don’t like “X” module or weap and i won’t use it? Why I have to spend time and resources leveling it?)

3. Thanks for the link.

Cheers

6 minutes ago, SilverPhantom7 said:

Hi, thanks for answering.

1. “You seriously contradict yourself here. If you don’t mind levelling up all ships, then XP points just from synergy levels of non-premium ships from Empire, Federation and Jericho are enough to get you to pilot level 16” It’s different when that is a must in order to keep leveling my pilot lvl, plus think the time that takes in order to progress knowing that ea lvl gives only 20xp. (Now I feel that I cannot skip a ship because if i don’t lvl it, I won’t progress in the game).

2. “But all ships come with some weapons/modules and that’s extra points”. No, sir. You cannot level the same modules in order to get XP points; so those are not extra.  (Only those weaps nor modules that have the same name but are for different tiers count and still, how about if I don’t like “X” module or weap and i won’t use it? Why I have to spend time and resources leveling it?)

3. Thanks for the link.

Cheers

1. I have an old account made in 2015 with max R7 ships. Just logged into that - 310 PvP games, 431 PvE games. And it’s lvl 12. Level 12 unlocks you access to all ships. I am 1k points short of lvl 13, which will give me access to all sectors and Electrum missions, and I’m 65% to the lvl 16, which will allow me to finish the campaign. So my advice - just play the game, progress is pretty fast and it’s not hindering you too much. 

2. I know it will not count if you will buy a ship with modules that already are in your warehouse. But some are coming with modules you don’t have. So no one is saying you have to have everything in this game. To unlock all features it’s enough to not tier rush and play the game. 

3. you are welcome.