New leveling system is extremely hostile to returning players.

At this point, I’d have a better experience starting fresh(not viable) or completely dumping the game.

Who’s bright $%#@ing idea was to:

A. Change how it works… AGAIN?!

B. Not take into account any of the progress made beforehand?

My “Atlas” is filled with holes from gear that I have long outranked before I first gave up on the game the last time the leveling system changed, and I am once again set several steps back on my path to reaching “the good parts”.

You’d think that when someone is returning to the game after a year-or-so absence, there’d be at least a small welcome back message, but  instead the game tries it’s best to make me quit again, even faster this time.

I’m not even being encouraged to make a purchase, just being told to GTFO or grind my xxxx for a few months just to get back to where I was before.

My dude it does account for most everything. At least everything that you have.

I jumped in and got to R15 immediately, so all of your stuff does work.

The only thing that I don’t like is the module icon changes. Idfk what anything is any more and have to re-learn the icons.

wait i cant use all my rank 15 stuffs?? i really hope all the modules upgrades and what not i had are usable right after i finish downloading and log in cause otherwise they have done a big fukup

1 minute ago, Voydwalker said:

wait i cant use all my rank 15 stuffs?? i really hope all the modules upgrades and what not i had are usable right after i finish downloading and log in cause otherwise they have done a big fukup

I think that some items had their ranks changed. Not positive, but I’ve noticed a few missing items myself.

lvl 15 is the highest lvl for now and should unlock everything in the game

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

My dude it does account for most everything. At least everything that you have.

Everything I have right now, not the things I already got rid of to make space for the newer stuff.

I was rank 9/15 before the shift, with a couple 100k credits from jumping straight to 11, with only a few holes in the ship progression from last time it was changed. Now I’m rank 7 out of 25, because none of the lower tier garbage I sold as soon as I no longer needed it counts towards my progression.

I would have to spend all the credits I have to re-buy and re-upgrade items that are effectively obsolete, before I got back to the point I was before the change.

I would be fine with there being more $#!@ to grind towards, but being set back like this is utterly ridiculous, not to mention that now I’m also required to grind up Jericho ships(something I have no interest in), because the progression is now based on completionism, rather than experience or involvement. This is absolute garbage!

How much points are required to get to the Level 11? I have my progress bar at 4000/4000 with 55k excess points.My alt with 50 ships is now Level 12 with highest ship being R7 and 197 modules in total. 197 modules are what - 15 R7 or higher ships? 

EDIT: Rank 8 has 97 modules and 33 ships. So how much modules did you sell to fall down to level 7? You would have to have 70 modules or less - barely to fit 5 ships.

3 hours ago, niripas said:

So how much modules did you sell to fall down to level 7? You would have to have 70 modules or less - barely to fit 5 ships.

This is indeed the state in which I was at the start of this new leveling, largely due to the absolutely prohibitive grinding requirements.

Previously I was less than a million credits from buying my way into rank 11, now I’m still only ~80% towards rank 8.

This is the first time in my history as a gamer that I am forced backwards in progression by an update. Most, and I use most because there is now this first exception, reworks of this type acknowledge progress made beforehand in full and compensate any opportunities that were missed out on by the veterans(such as new beginner bonuses).

20 minutes ago, Naqel said:

This is indeed the state in which I was at the start of this new leveling, largely due to the absolutely prohibitive grinding requirements.

Previously I was less than a million credits from buying my way into rank 11, now I’m still only ~80% towards rank 8.

This is the first time in my history as a gamer that I am forced backwards in progression by an update. Most, and I use most because there is now this first exception, reworks of this type acknowledge progress made beforehand in full and compensate any opportunities that were missed out on by the veterans(such as new beginner bonuses).

Player level is not eqivalent of max ship rank. It shows your progress to 100% completion of the game now.

Plus the update is still giving a veteran the same Campaign quests and rewards a new player gets.

23 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

The only thing that I don’t like is the module icon changes. Idfk what anything is any more and have to re-learn the icons.

really? I kinda like the new uniform look

On 5.3.2018 at 4:35 PM, dreamer78 said:

lvl 15 is the highest lvl for now and should unlock everything in the game

ranks and … ranks

• he is referring to pilot-ranks/levels one can get promoted to (=25 pilot-levels so far)
  • he’s not referring to the ship ranks (=1-16 so far)

Sorry that the devs missied the opportunity to introduce a clear terminology with this patch…

i for one wish that more of the mono rewards from the campaign were replaced ship parts. i have 20 mono messages in my box expiring right now because i have nothing to do with them and other resources are much slower to get in order to use my monos …

26 minutes ago, Voydwalker said:

i for one wish that more of the mono rewards from the campaign were replaced ship parts. i have 20 mono messages in my box expiring right now because i have nothing to do with them and other resources are much slower to get in order to use my monos …

Later on there are ship parts in the campaign.

I somehow have rank 15 with 55k excess and no clue how or why I should make it highier. MM seem to match by player rank and I dont get OP players anymore, but still there is mess with people on R3 ships with enormous bonuses wrecking r10s.

23 hours ago, niripas said:

Later on there are ship parts in the campaign.

How does that address the core issue of having to go back and re-buy, or worse yet, find as enemy drop, weapons/modules that I had previously owned but did not have in my storage at the exact moment the transition took place? I have several ranks work of gaps in my Atlas, which should not be there: both because the game should recognize I owned those items in the past, and because the whole system where modules/weapons are tier specific is %$#@$%@ to begin with.

2 hours ago, Naqel said:

How does that address the core issue of having to go back and re-buy, or worse yet, find as enemy drop, weapons/modules that I had previously owned but did not have in my storage at the exact moment the transition took place? I have several ranks work of gaps in my Atlas, which should not be there: both because the game should recognize I owned those items in the past, and because the whole system where modules/weapons are tier specific is %$#@$%@ to begin with.

I was answering the other person, sorry. 

Also still trying to find an issue. Previously your max rank was 9 - ok. Now your pilot LEVEL is 7/25. From level 5 you have access to all ships till R15. As your ships are max R9, you WILL have to buy and upgrade your modules if you are thinking of getting higher ranked ships. All ships are unlocked at pilot level 10 - to get level 10 you need what - 3000 points? That’s 150 modules or 12 fully equipped ships. You have still ~ 60 ships to unlock to even  start to think about getting those R16 +. Your main concern was that you wouldn’t be able to purchase higher ranked ships with your current pilot level - you should be able to. If not - please log a bug. 

3 hours ago, Naqel said:

…the whole system where modules/weapons are tier specific is %$#@$%@ to begin with.

… not so fast. Imho not what I think. SC got the abstraction from ship ranks done bravely, eventually, and shifted towards a pilot-level system - that’s good. We got an ‘all-ranks-amalgam’ in battles and mm now, not so bad and we still have the grind heavy into the parts and modules and weapons and stuff – its a compromise - and not the most bad, imho!

the focus on this new open space mode with free and easy jumps and no fuel and the overall easyness - is just not so bad, man !

On 3/7/2018 at 11:53 PM, niripas said:

Your main concern was that you wouldn’t be able to purchase higher ranked ships with your current pilot level - you should be able to. If not - please log a bug. 

My main concerns are that I have regressed in the overall progression, more so that I would even if a straight up increase to the level cap occurred, and that the new progression is based on completionism, not experience or involvement.

My ability to unlock the 4th ship slot is now delayed by dozens if not hundreds of millions of credits, whereas previously rank 12 was 2 ships away. Those potentially hundreds of millions of credits will have to be spent on ships I have no interest to fly or own(I’m generously ignoring the fact that it’s now also gated by a PvE campaign, which I have no interest in whatsoever as well).

The core design is hostile to everyone, it is also especially hostile to returning players who will now have gaps in progression they are forced to fill, rather than encouraged(as the introduction of fleet strength did).

5 hours ago, Naqel said:

My main concerns are that I have regressed in the overall progression, more so that I would even if a straight up increase to the level cap occurred, and that the new progression is based on completionism, not experience or involvement.

My ability to unlock the 4th ship slot is now delayed by dozens if not hundreds of millions of credits, whereas previously rank 12 was 2 ships away. Those potentially hundreds of millions of credits will have to be spent on ships I have no interest to fly or own(I’m generously ignoring the fact that it’s now also gated by a PvE campaign, which I have no interest in whatsoever as well).

The core design is hostile to everyone, it is also especially hostile to returning players who will not have gaps in progression they are forced to fill, rather than encouraged(as the introduction of fleet strength did).

TBH: you are the first person that I know of that was selling his modules and not maxing out ships. People with max rank 5 ships are higher in pilot level than you too. Not criticising, just stating the fact. The whole game from the beginning was based on how to have multiple ships configurations available for playing - and most people was doing  exactly this. 

And regarding returning player issue - I have an account that was created and used for translation testing back in 2014-2015. 700 battles total. Few rank 7 ships. Out of curiosity I logged in first time in 3 years - it has pilot level 12, 4 slots unlocked. So no - it’s not a problem. The problem exists only if someone is tier rushing, specializing only in one or two ships and selling all his modules. Which is very, very rare. 

If the current system is better or worse with  encouraging people to play - that’s the matter of opinion, and I cannot discuss private opinions here. 

If you play only PvP, then as I said before, you should have access with your lvl 7 to all R15 ships if you meet the requirements to purchase them. 4th slot unlocks at lvl 12, but since you play only LRF and Engie (your gunships are at R9 still, so I don’t think you play them) - why do you need more? Campaign is simple and more it is a story driven tutorial for new players.

Also you have most of your ships not maxed up - those are progression points as well, so maybe you will hit that lvl 12 sooner than you think. 

I would never think i would agree with niripas but he is totally right at least for once.