Last Man Standing

[@TheDarkRedFox](< base_url >/index.php?/profile/242418-thedarkredfox/)

It’s actually more of a balancing factor to my knowledge. The longer someone stays on the map, the more OP they get. So the game progresses faster. Where at the start of the game, ships are standard and can survive more hits.

Buffs are not evenly spread and e.g. speed is at it’s limit quite often after 2 buffs so is Crit chance. DMG goes infinitely but the buffs aren’t evenly spread, so whoever finds a location that spawns multiple DMG buffs wins the fight. All Battle Royal games I know have a cap on “strength”, SC doesn’t it even respawns the buffs. The current meta is getting your speed to 800 and collect all the DMG buffs before anyone else gets them, taking any early fight will let you loose on valuable buffs and players don’t drop any buff they collected so there is no value in taking them down.

Other BR games will go and reward you by letting you takes their gear, so you might even get stronger out of the fight, in SC you always get weaker out of a fight (lost health/missile/module cooldown).

Limiting the amount of buffs one can have reduces the luck dependency on finding good buff locations and forces you to depend more on your own skill to win a 1v1.

There is a thread about this mode where you can leave your suggestions, please contribute there.

51 minutes ago, ORCA1911 said:

There is a thread about this mode where you can leave your suggestions, please contribute there.

Do you even read what you quoute? But if you want I can ignore my thread here and move all discussion to the “SUGGESTIONS ONLY” thread. Nearly everything that I put here that can be a direct suggestion is already in there since quite some time.

Yeah let him have this one lol. I goof’t and he’s responding in the only legal way.

And I guess you’re kinda right about having a cap on them. But maybe it should be a buff based cap not a flat cap for all of them.

I can’t read, i can only write, please forgive me.

Having too many buffs can actually negatively impact your performance. On RU servers with 500+ ping, enjoy having speed buffs that just make your ship nose dive directly into the nearest asteroid even if you’re not facing it. Even if you’re not on some crap ping server too many speed buffs negates 90% speed equipment like adaptive shield, adaptive membrane, predator’s instinct, doppler laser’s damage boost, and the federation’s crit bonus. It’s only two downsides on one of the pickups, but I guess it goes to show that there could be a way for too many pickups to make your ship unstable. Perhaps the bonuses could have min-maxing properties:
Hull pickup | +resist but -movement speed

Speed pickup | +speed but -rotation

Radar | +radar but +lock time

Damage | +damage but -overheat time

Crit chance | +crit chance but -weapon range

2 hours ago, PapyMcBites said:

Having too many buffs can actually negatively impact your performance. On RU servers with 500+ ping, enjoy having speed buffs that just make your ship nose dive directly into the nearest asteroid even if you’re not facing it. Even if you’re not on some crap ping server too many speed buffs negates 90% speed equipment like adaptive shield, adaptive membrane, predator’s instinct, doppler laser’s damage boost, and the federation’s crit bonus. It’s only two downsides on one of the pickups, but I guess it goes to show that there could be a way for too many pickups to make your ship unstable. Perhaps the bonuses could have min-maxing properties:
Hull pickup | +resist but -movement speed

Speed pickup | +speed but -rotation

Radar | +radar but +lock time

Damage | +damage but -overheat time

Crit chance | +crit chance but -weapon range

Ew no

1 hour ago, PapyMcBites said:

Even if you’re not on some crap ping server too many speed buffs negates 90% speed equipment like adaptive shield, adaptive membrane, predator’s instinct, doppler laser’s damage boost, and the federation’s crit bonu

Nope, they still work even if you have 10 speed buffs.