I'm a beginner: better read this

I’m someone really smart. I maybe don’t need the same amount of game to understand how to play ^^

And when I don’t understand something, I am happy to be helped by you, the community :wink:

You can also read the comment JUST ABOVE.

Because nobody do it?

This topic can become a community creation. Everyone can tells me what to add in.

I’m someone really smart. I maybe don’t need the same amount of game to understand how to play ^^

.45 k/d http://www.frogswarm.fr/sc/?nick=xerrio

bro you probably don’t quite understand the game fully yet. at around 2k battles ur decently experience. No offence meant, but it is true.  

Maybe. I don’t care.

I’m a better theorycrafter than player :slight_smile:

Also that means nothing your kda, im a support!

Help me doing this tutorial!

You maybe better terycrafter than you are a pilot, but still you are a terrible theorycrafter since you can’t figure out all these things.

There’s a reason why there’s a button called “Save Draft” on starting topics. So awful stuff like this doesn’t come out and mislead new players.

EDIT:

Just saw this:

Another thing less important could be to check their Karma in-game to understand the kind of people they are? \o/

Baby-Facepalm.png

Regardless of the current post situation, this brings a good point to the table:

There is not a decent role tutorial yet. Only basic flight controls. There nothing to tell when it’s good to use restoration modules, or attack modules, or suppourt modules. Also class roles are not well defined in game either. Only a few of them really do what they say they do. Xp

People will come here to see the help and will get a bunch of people ego fighting. Instead of blaming one person, look at the whole (talking to everyone) >:)

I just looked over it and it seems fine to me…now if Aces would read the forum…

You should also post what game settings are good to go ahead and setup with when starting the game. 

For instance, the map should be set to the spherical radar, Free view to an easy to get to button, like on the side of the mouse, and the ship information to be set to full. 

I could write the list for you later, but I’m confident that you’re dedicated enough to research and write, possibly for 3 hours straight. 

On a side note, while ‘Defence’ is correct, I’ve always liked ‘Defense’ better, simply for the sake that Defence looks like someone looks to De-Fence a yard, while Defense really doesn’t get itself confused with other terms.

I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but even with all of that and your good will, it won’t work if your facts are not right.

Also, as Rennie said, everyone here should be a bit more constructive. If you don’t want to, just ignore him.

But bashing him won’t do anything good to any new player which finds this topic and tries to learn something.

I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but even with all of that and your good will, it won’t work if your facts are not right.

Also, as Rennie said, everyone here should be a bit more constructive. If you don’t want to, just ignore him.

But bashing him won’t do anything good to any new player which finds this topic and tries to learn something.

The problem is that being constructive would imply rewriting the whole topic myself, and I don’t thing anyone is willing to do this since there are already numerous role-specific guides for those that are motivated and willing to look for them. Also anyone looking for help can PM me in-game and come on TS, which will probably be a lot easier!

@Wolfkhan: on the topic of defense and defence, defense is American, and defence is used in all other English-speaking countries. Your choice :slight_smile:

The problem is that being constructive would imply rewriting the whole topic myself, and I don’t thing anyone is willing to do this since there are already numerous role-specific guides for those that are motivated and willing to look for them. Also anyone looking for help can PM me in-game and come on TS, which will probably be a lot easier!

@Wolfkhan: on the topic of defense and defence, defense is American, and defence is used in all other English-speaking countries. Your choice :slight_smile:

Waht are you talking about?

Lemme quote:

a) Interceptor: Recon

* Special module:              Warp your ship in the direction you are looking at. Can be stopped mid-flight by going up or down.

* Special aptitude:             Capture objectives (beacons/bombs) faster. +15% crit chance.

* Simple way to be played: Like a support focusing on taking objectives and not to die. (scout)

* Priority targets:               Objectives.

* Counters:                       Avoid Tacklers/ECM/Guards.

b) Fighter: Gunship

* Special module:              Set you ship in Overdrive mode wich allows you to be better than anyone in offensives and maneuverability stats for a short amount of time.

* Special aptitude:             -10pts resistance for all. +5% damages.

* Simple way to be played: Full damages for short all-ins with your special module.

* Priority targets:               Almost all ships.

* Counters:                       Weak without his special module.

c) Frigate: Long Range Frigate (LRF)

* Special module:              Sniper. nothing less, nothing more.

* Special aptitude:             -20% shield and hull volume. +2 turrets (+50% damages)

* Simple way to be played: Stay away from the battlefield and take kills with your special module. (sniper)

* Priority targets:               Anyone.

* Counters:                       Avoid being spotted, or you will surely die.

The blue written stuff is very fine and a better conclusion than i have seen ever before. The red stuff is also correct. The green stuff is partially correct, obviousy its wrong for T4-5, but since it is written for Aces in T2 is actually true.

I think some of u guys make the mistake to compare this to T5 tactics, but of course ur T5 tactics are useless for Aces.

Maybe. I don’t care.

I’m a better theorycrafter than player :slight_smile:

Also that means nothing your kda, im a support!

With a win percentage of 41% (nevermind the issue of an equally abysmal K/D), statistically you lose more games than an “average” player that contributes an average amount to a team. Even as “support”, your numbers tell me, with everything being equal, you just are not a positive factor to a team.

This also tells me your theorycrafting isn’t the best either. Even a completely Ace, given proper theorycrafting and advice, should have numbers that are better than your statistically significant margin below average.

Why should I take your theorycraft seriously when I don’t see any evidence supporting its efficacy?

You guide has nothing helpful for a player that has progressed past T1. Congratulations, you copy-pasted information that is readily available in-game or wiki.

Where are some hard, concrete numbers? Where is the build advice? How about some video demonstrations? Why is your information flagrantly and objectively wrong? Why are you flat out admitting ignorance in a guide???

“The Empire is a faction that sacrifice defence for a bigger firepower.”

Wrong! Empire ships are some of the tankiest and hardest to kill ships with nearly everything past T3 sporting 2 or more hull slots. Even with just two slots. Slap on a Reactive Armor and Thermal Insulator on the hull and you have strong hull resistances to every single type of damage thanks to hull having innate EM resistance.

"c) Frigate: Guards

* Counters: I don’t know. Some help in the comments please :p"

Literally all I need is two words instead of “I don’t know.”

Mixed damage. You kill guards by hitting them with more than one type of damage. That’s as simple as it gets and all you provide is an admittance of ignorance.

That is why you “guide” is getting so much hate, incorrect information or ignorance of game mechanics that are so basic, everyone knows them by T2. Anyone new will glance at this “guide” and move on thinking “oh, well that’s common sense” because there is nothing here for anyone who has played more than an hour.

The blue written stuff is very fine and a better conclusion than i have seen ever before. The red stuff is also correct. The green stuff is partially correct, obviousy its wrong for T4-5, but since it is written for Aces in T2 is actually true.

I think some of u guys make the mistake to compare this to T5 tactics, but of course ur T5 tactics are useless for Aces.

While one of the few parts not outright wrong, is still unhelpfully basic and is information already available in-game or elsewhere in other, higher quality, guides.

While one of the few parts not outright wrong, is still unhelpfully basic and is information already available in-game or elsewhere in other, higher quality, guides.

Na, i have rarely seen a Ace that uses its recon prime for capture or its gunship in “special module” circles. So its exactly the stuff that has to be told. Over and over and over. And its in bright color, so its anyway all the Aces will remember. 

Na, i have rarely seen a Ace that uses its recon prime for capture or its gunship in “special module” circles. So its exactly the stuff that has to be told. Over and over and over. And its in bright color, so its anyway all the Aces will remember.

I also see (you can literally hear it too) Guards in T5 mash F blindly until they run out of energy whenever under attack instead of actually thinking about their shield.

Anyone like the above is beyond help and isn’t here on the forum looking for guides. Bright colors won’t save them from that level of willful ignorance.

With a win percentage of 41% (nevermind the issue of an equally abysmal K/D), statistically you lose more games than an “average” player that contributes an average amount to a team. Even as “support”, your numbers tell me, with everything being equal, you just are not a positive factor to a team.

This also tells me your theorycrafting isn’t the best either. Even a completely Ace, given proper theorycrafting and advice, should have numbers that are better than your statistically significant margin below average.

Why should I take your theorycraft seriously when I don’t see any evidence supporting its efficacy?

You guide has nothing helpful for a player that has progressed past T1. Congratulations, you copy-pasted information that is readily available in-game or wiki.

Where are some hard, concrete numbers? Where is the build advice? How about some video demonstrations? Why is your information flagrantly and objectively wrong? Why are you flat out admitting ignorance in a guide???

“The Empire is a faction that sacrifice defence for a bigger firepower.”

Wrong! Empire ships are some of the tankiest and hardest to kill ships with nearly everything past T3 sporting 2 or more hull slots. Even with just two slots. Slap on a Reactive Armor and Thermal Insulator on the hull and you have strong hull resistances to every single type of damage thanks to hull having innate EM resistance.

"c) Frigate: Guards

* Counters: I don’t know. Some help in the comments please :p"

Literally all I need is two words instead of “I don’t know.”

Mixed damage. You kill guards by hitting them with more than one type of damage. That’s as simple as it gets and all you provide is an admittance of ignorance.

That is why you “guide” is getting so much hate, incorrect information or ignorance of game mechanics that are so basic, everyone knows them by T2. Anyone new will glance at this “guide” and move on thinking “oh, well that’s common sense” because there is nothing here for anyone who has played more than an hour.

See? this is constructive criticism.

Good job.

Basically what he said. You should get your xxxx together, and learn the game properly before making a guide.

If you want to bump an old beginner guide will be better than this.

Waht are you talking about?

Lemme quote:

a) Interceptor: Recon

* Special module:              Warp your ship in the direction you are looking at. Can be stopped mid-flight by going up or down.

* Special aptitude:             Capture objectives (beacons/bombs) faster. +15% crit chance.

* Simple way to be played: Like a support focusing on taking objectives and not to die. (scout)

* Priority targets:               Objectives.

* Counters:                       Avoid Tacklers/ECM/Guards.

b) Fighter: Gunship

* Special module:              Set you ship in Overdrive mode wich allows you to be better than anyone in offensives and maneuverability stats for a short amount of time.

* Special aptitude:             -10pts resistance for all. +5% damages.

* Simple way to be played: Full damages for short all-ins with your special module.

* Priority targets:               Almost all ships.

* Counters:                       Weak without his special module.

c) Frigate: Long Range Frigate (LRF)

* Special module:              Sniper. nothing less, nothing more.

* Special aptitude:             -20% shield and hull volume. +2 turrets (+50% damages)

* Simple way to be played: Stay away from the battlefield and take kills with your special module. (sniper)

* Priority targets:               Anyone.

* Counters:                       Avoid being spotted, or you will surely die.

The Aces will come to t3 eventually though and they will lose every single match if they stick to these rules. Why not give them good practices to start with? For example sniping from outside the  battlefield as xerrio suggests is useless and will cost you the match since you are not going for objectives and will more often than not miss against someone who is not a complete Ace (unless you are an expert sniper, and I know three in the game). It is better to use the sniper as a gunboat with it’s extra turrets and the mines, and occupy beacons. Even in t2. He makes no mention of the gunship’s combat reboot and engine overcharge, which suggests that he has no experience with gunships, as these are essential and keep you alive even when the gunship is “without his special module” as he says. The recon one is fairly accurate. Could mention the 50% increase in sensor range though… And the fact that they can also defend beacon with their proxi-mines and microlocator.  Also gunships is +15% damage but this doesn’t really matter since the rest is useless.

Ok, I try to be constructive so I have to tell, the base theory how the tutorial is built is wrong and misleading imo.

You should’t create 1-1 relation between a fraction+Subclass/role.

If I should build this tutorial, I would start like this:

Empire -hull tank

Fed - shield+hulltank + speed

Jeri - shield tank

Regardless! the fractions talk about the next:
Inites:

• Recon
  • CovOps
  • ECM

Fighters:

• Command
  • Gunship
  • Tacklers

Frigatts:

• Guard

• Engi

• LRF (jeri/emp)

• Currencies

• Active and passive modules

• Crew

Talk about Resists, and basic ship building rules.

Basic control, and game settings.
Basic about Queue and MM
Basic about gamemodes - and what ships good for what gamemoda
Basics about leveling ships
Common newbie mistakes.

These are just the basic stuffs what you should learn no be more effective. This is what you’ll learn from your corp in good case at the beginning.

There I have given some constructive criticism, but the problem is that the whole things needs to be rewritten, and like GeneInari says, the information that he has included is either common sense or obtainable elsewhere or false. Either way it is learnable by joining a corp and flying with good pilots.

The Aces will come to t3 eventually though and they will lose every single match if they stick to these rules. Why not give them good practices to start with? For example sniping from outside the  battlefield as xerrio suggests is useless and will cost you the match since you are not going for objectives and will more often than not miss against someone who is not a complete Ace (unless you are an expert sniper, and I know three in the game). It is better to use the sniper as a gunboat with it’s extra turrets and the mines, and occupy beacons. Even in t2. He makes no mention of the gunship’s combat reboot and engine overcharge, which suggests that he has no experience with gunships, as these are essential and keep you alive even when the gunship is “without his special module” as he says. The recon one is fairly accurate. Could mention the 50% increase in sensor range though… And the fact that they can also defend beacon with their proxi-mines and microlocator.  Also gunships is +15% damage but this doesn’t really matter since the rest is useless.

Depends…an ELRF can actually be used as a Sniper in a powerful way, though that requires skill that i have seen with only one player so far.

Still u think about this as experts would, since u are experts. But you have to think like a teacher. Consider that a Ace would look at the forum. He is unable to understand most of what we talk about…u think a Ace would understand what a gunship special module is? Or what sensor range is? No way.

Nah, what a Ace needs is a brightly colored easy understandable sentence that is telling him that one info that he needs to be not completely useless…for example: “u have recon u capture beacons”. That is the guide doing. If somebody with more experience (T3 player) looks around, he will anyway not read beginners thread since he thinks he is Pro now.

Also u think a Ace would think like “oh guide told me empire sacrifices defence for attack” better i attack empire when distracted!" No xxxx way. This stuff is faster forgotten than read.

Nono, this guide is not so bad.