I have a serious problem in PvP

I have a serious problem dealing with rank 17 destroyers and ze’ta especially in team battle mode.
In recent PvP I see many players choose destroyers especially in tier 5 random PvP, and I don’t know what to do when both destroyers pew pew at 6000m.

I tried Guard at the first place, but it turned out to be a “meat” that gives enemy destroyer free exps.
( They can shoot me, but I can’t shoot them and can’t go forward due to their heavy firepower.)

Second I tried Tackler to give our destroyer support to make enemy interceptors rethink their strategy .
It turned out well at the first, but later, interceptor pilots decided to choose command fighter or destroyer, nothing I can do = failed. 

So I finally decided to take their destroyers down.
I tried Spike to use energy mine + doppler laser combo, but Ze’ta has decent speed and jump module, Emperor has turrets and missile tracking weapon, Relic has special module that returns damage.
=Failed.

Any Idea to deal with destroyers?

P.S. Don’t get me wrong though, I’m not asking to nerf destroyers.

Seriously? The first thing you came up with is guard? The most useless class…

But ok nvm if you want to kill some zetas just take wolfhound or tharga what’s even better, take singularity cannon and to not make it too easy for you you have to guess the build, but don’t worry it’s not that hard you only need to think what do you need.

5 minutes ago, Boczek121 said:

Seriously? The first thing you came up with is guard? The most useless class…

My thought was something like this

: long range fitted Destroyers would have problem in close combat, so if I choose guard and go forward to their destroyer line with healer, and withstand their firepower, they have to deal with both me and our team fighter’s surprise attack.

Which is not good for destroyer pilots.

It might work if it weren’t for 3 things

• there was more than 1 zeta

• there should be a massive attack with the whole your team which will never take place with randoms

• it’s easy to avoid for a good zeta he just need to jump and shoot you with suppressor and this is where your attack ends

On 9/15/2021 at 6:18 AM, SilverIris said:

Any Idea to deal with destroyers?

Take a good ECM.