Hacking in PvP

I found it near impossible to kill him using a 3.4k dmg upgraded [Gravi-Beamer 17], but the  real tell of his high resistance hack was when 4 ships couldnt kill this RedShuhov guy on his [Dyrnwyn]. the only way they could win it was capping all the beacons . His resistance was constant and I saw the damage numbers which were under 900 dmg per hit from my own fights with him. I was using a [Rockwell] using [Engine Suppressor 17][Inhibitor Beam 17] to slow him down since he had high manuverability.

[game.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19437)[game.net.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19438)[combat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19439)[chat.log](< base_url >/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=19440)

ECM’s not only are typically very hard to hit, but they are also extremely durable for an interceptor.

Plus, smart pilots will put their passive modules in to resistance instead of volume, which reduces damage by a lot.

On top of this, interceptors in general take less damage from weapons. While I’m not sure this applies to laser weapons, this should be noted.

That particular ECM also has some unique modules which make it even more difficult to kill, including a controlled hologram that may make it seem like they are quickly regenerating health or not taking the right damage.

There are many factors to consider before making accusations about hacking or other problems like this; and due to the nature of this “hack” I’m positive that it is simply a very smart pilot that is making very effective use of in-game mechanics.

I29aIiR.png

This is not an instance of hacking rather just a really, really well built ship. The highlighted line is crystal plates and most likely Gigas II is also active somewhere in there, so for every participant in combat he is just getting harder and harder to kill.

People b*tched and whined about Destroyers taking over 30 seconds to kill solo but this is just a regular day for an ECM.