Guide-Blackwood Ship Yard.

Hi fellow star fighters, 

I find myself in Rank 1-3 and 4-6 Pub groups struggling to finish Black Wood Ship Yard, I think this is greatly to do with group members having very little understanding of the missions mechanics and strategies.

So!, I have made a guide on (In My Opinion) the best way to complete Black Wood Ship Yard.

Details

Available Rank: 1-15

Sector: Empire, 1550.

System: Felony

More Details

Round 1/3 Incursion.

*Destroy all enemy ships and keep all the control towers intact.

*Player: Weapon damages increased.

*Player: Continuous hull regeneration.

*Enemy: Increased hull resistance to thermal damage.

Wave1: 24 enemy’s

Wave2: 22 enemy’s

Wave3: 20 enemy’s

Round one is rather simple there will be 3 waves of varies enemy ships coming in, your job is to simple stop them from capturing your towers by shooting them down.As you can see from round 1’s condition’s swap out from thermal weapons if possible for some additional damage. When you see Elites coming double tap middle mouse button/Scroll Wheel or ‘R’ to notify other players on your team that you are fighting an Elite. If they actually pay any attention and come to help you take it down is another story however, it can’t hurt to try.

screenshot-131201-201443_zps1819e887.jpg

Round 2/3 Sector Control.

*Destory the nav station.

*Player:Increased critical damage change.

*Player:Continuous shield regeneration.

This is the round most mission fall apart at especially the 1-3 rank games, there really is two ways to do this round;

1.Systematically target enemy fighters then target Nav stations, rinse and repeat.

2. Peddle to the metal take the nav stations as soon as possible ignore enemy flyers. 

The problem with this is a team very rarely talk about or care what the other member wants to do so inevitably we have some going full throttle Nav stations and some taking there time dog fighting Unless your lucky enough to have a great team you can get through this way however 9/10 times your team will fall apart here. The brings me to a point, I highly suggest playing on server that you know speak the same languages as you.

So!, to stop/reduce failing at this stage there is a few things you can try;

1. communicate with your team and try to get a strategy together or mutual understanding in round.

2. if you wan’t to win the and all other member’s are following a strategy think about switching to the same strategy as them.

3. the stations are affected by the module de-buffs like Target Painter(reduce targets hull and shield resistance).

screenshot-131201-201416_zps3a19e6b6.jpg

Round 3/3 FlagShip Attack.

*Destroy all enemy ships and keep all the control towers intact.

*Player: Continuous shield and hull regeneration.

*Player: Increased thermal damage resistance.

For Rank 1-3 you can probably just float near the flagship(Punisher) and fire!! fire!! fire!!.  Ranks above that you are going to need a strategy. I would target Punisher straight away and start unloading, when doing this you don’t need to be to close try and stay near cover (any floating scrap or ship parts). after a short time you will see a message on your screen "Warning, Take Cover!’ this is the time to take cover. This is when what I can only assume is some kind of bean cannon is active and firing…It hurts…After a short period of time you will then see a message “All clear! attack the enemy!” this means Punisher has put away his might hammer of Thor and you can resume attacking him. This is a rinse and repeat process. sometime no matter what you do members of your team will sit there despite the rapidly escalating message “take cover!” and be destroyed. Try not to concentrate on that, rather concentrate on completing the mission.One other note it is rather crucial that you take down the elites when they arise as they can also lay on the damage, try focusing down the elites when your taking cover from Punisher.

Bonus: If you complete the Flagship part you will get a chance of a purple loot location and more loot locations then just completing part 2.

screenshot-131201-202638_zps85db0f21.jpg

Best of luck!!

Thanks

Ben

Nice description. Especially in the low tier you have to have an engi with you every round (with activated heal buffs).

Anyway any frigatte is preferable in PvE.

You may select appropriate ships yourself and arrange with your team asap.

A corp boost this by far: see current record

[http://forum.star-conflict.com/index.php?/topic/21849-blackwood-shipyard-record/](< base_url >/index.php?/topic/21849-blackwood-shipyard-record/)

Greets

gekaler

Co-Head-Rage

A couple of comments…

Fighter ions can ignore the hull resistance to thermals to a certain degree, so that’s not a major issue for fighter pilots. 

The Punisher’s pulsar has ridiculous range. Stay behind cover.

The Styx is capable of facetanking the T3 Punisher’s pulsar. The Styx won’t last forever, but with a decent team, the Punisher would fall first.

The heavy blaster has very good damage. Don’t worry about the slow barrels since you’ll use them on the nav stations and the Punisher; the former is immobile and the latter is huge and slow.

Also, if you’re teamed up with a bunch of clueless folks, type commands and ping stuff to coordinate the team effort.

Pulsar on punisher has infinite range

That is a nice quick guide. But the devil is in the detail. I think the higher ranked the game is the more is teamwork is important. in T1 you may still get through even if there is only one other player knowing what he/she is doing. In the T1 I got through section 2 one time as the only one left with just a small fighter (don’t remember which one), I survived only because I could outrun all the enemy fighters and had time to recharge (it took at least 15min to finish that section) and had to kill a full health nav station by myself with 10 enemy ships following me around. The other time (as T1) I had a Long Range Frigate and took out 2 Nav stations almost alone and the 10 enemy fighters circling around me didn’t threaten me because I could keep up my shields and hull with the modules without getting a scratch.

In T2 the enemy is harder to kill and in addition uses their special abilities/modules. So T2 no teamwork = certain death.

For a begginer’s guide is all good, but remember that Blackwood, as well as the others PvE, change drastically in difficulty and number of enemies when you choose an higher Tier, so you’ll need a diferent strategy for them.

It was only really made for Beginner tiers, you would hope later tiers would understand the mechanics and have a strategy  :fed001:

It was only really made for Beginner tiers, you would hope later tiers would understand the mechanics and have a strategy  :fed001:

Oh really? Then you need to play more Rank 7 - 15 Blackwood, LOL, there’s a lot, a real LOT of people that die in the first, second and/or third round, and there’s a lot of people using ships that don’t work for the mode :stuck_out_tongue:

I would recommend engies, guards, commands and maybe gunships for Blackwood. Intys simply don’t have the firepower and survivability.

I’m curious, but has anyone attempted to plasma arc the Punisher?

I would recommend engies, guards, commands and maybe gunships for Blackwood. Intys simply don’t have the firepower and survivability.

I’ve seen Ravender do that to the Boss when the enemies still had thermal resistances, so I’m guessing it will do some nice damage now that they removed those resistances.

[…]

Easily doable.

And per general rule:

Round 1: pulsar guard or aura engi + station + energy, both with EM torps or buffing command OR whatever you need to synergise, go directly to spawn location and face-aoe spawns in the first second

Round 2: supernova bubble gunship, ignore spawns, kill navs, dodge

Round 3: any heavy blaster frigate with curved reflector, em torps for spawns, full tanking and damage fit, face-tank the boss and ignore everything else (use cover for pulsar in untanky ships - Cerberus and Ira Deus and any LRF coming afterwards can safely face-tank)

1. ???

2. Profit

All this will finish your Blackwood anywhere in 5-7 minutes. Just focus targets, forget the beacons.

There are only 2 levels in Blackwood: T1-2 (2) and T3-4-5 (3).

Rewards scale with T first, then your used ships’ level.

And per general rule:

Round 1: pulsar guard or aura engi + station + energy, both with EM torps or buffing command OR whatever you need to synergise, go directly to spawn location and face-aoe spawns in the first second

Round 2: supernova bubble gunship, ignore spawns, kill navs, dodge

Round 3: any heavy blaster frigate with curved reflector, em torps for spawns, full tanking and damage fit, face-tank the boss and ignore everything else (use cover for pulsar in untanky ships - Cerberus and Ira Deus and any LRF coming afterwards can safely face-tank)

1. ???

2. Profit

For round one you don’t need an engineer.  I don’t see them too often anymore and it’s rarely an issue.  Round two’s the same.  Round three does need an engineer.

For round 1 I use a bubble command with booster instead of supernova.  Otherwise all the guards using pulsar and em torps wouldn’t let me get any kills!  I’ve also used it enough to get kills before target locks.

For round one you don’t need an engineer.  I don’t see them too often anymore and it’s rarely an issue.  Round two’s the same.  Round three does need an engineer.

For round 1 I use a bubble command with booster instead of supernova.  Otherwise all the guards using pulsar and em torps wouldn’t let me get any kills!  I’ve also used it enough to get kills before target locks.

1. engi in case no guard is available for aoe torps and if someone in your squad is using a non-empire fighter or inty designed for damage, aka very squishy and can meet unexpected collisions - i died in my T4 fed gunship vs first wave’s end elite ship’s pulsar for not paying attention and no engi around recently

i did say _ ‘OR’ _ in there, it’s dependable and i also stated someone may need to synergise a ship that won’t hold well

1. command with buffs is all you need, gun doesnt matter, better go with laser eventually and sweep targets for extra points to buff assists (+5 / ship)