Extra points for defending captain and bomb carrier

It’s a bit weird this idea is still not implemented after a whole year… :fed014:

You realize you brought up an OLD thread   :013j:

AND Yes this this HOLDS true there should be “EFFECENCY” points for PROTECTING the Capt ! 

As there has been changes… so those so called LRF snipers or anyone that just goes around and “farming kills” and does not contribute to the objectives are sort of “penalized” by not getting effecency points.  

Which means it may cause a drop to thier Skill Ratings.     Then again people may not give a RATS Behind about that particuar RATING :008j:   

This new Pilot rating thing is a whole NOTHER thread in itself  :01414:

Yeah, it was an unintentional necro… Still, nothing seem to have been done in that regard as far as i can tell.

Just forward it to the devs.  it’s a great idea to have this.  And for Christ’s sake, I hope the developers don’t make this specific to the pilot who got the kill…it should be how current kills/assists are calculated with a bit of extra flavor for team play :wink:

Can be implemented with auras like speed buff of command, but then what happens when a gunship or tackler is supporting ?
I had many games where I went with my tackler and basically killed one of the pursuers and distracted / slowed the other one.

Sure, I got kill synergy, BUT what if the help is simply distracting, taking fire and simply die to ensure plant ?
If you were not there all the focus fire would’ve been on the carrier and probably killed him.

Sometimes I distract 3-4 enemies and survive for 40 to 60 seconds.

When I need 20 sec to respawn and can quickly rejoin the battle with micro-warp, I essentially stole 120 to 200 seconds from the enemy team.

Perhaps we should count this time of distraction and reward players with a portion of the enemy player’s total efficiency over time (without stealing it from the enemy).

Edit: Ups sorry for necro. This thread was on top of the forum page and the dates are barely visible.

But the point still stands – I get no reward for distracting the enemy team or lead them to a map edge.