Extra points for defending captain and bomb carrier

Currently, you get extra points for killing enemy captains, bomb carriers, and ships that are attacking your beacons.

I think you should also get extra points for killing enemies that are attacking your captain or bomb carrier.  It would reward good teamwork.

I agree, I always defend the captain in combat recon because I dont trust in the rest of the players (pub games you know) it would be nice if you get more points, because most of the time the efficiency is not that high, specially if your captain is a coward hidding behind the respawn point.

I like this idea. It couldn’t go so far as to double the points though, the way it does for destroying ships that are close to your beacon. If kills were worth double, game play would stagnate in Combat Reconnaissance since most players would camp the captain for the whole game. True, that is the best way to win Combat Recon, but it could potentially lead to slow-starting games in which neither team wishes to move out of their spawn area. It’s something to consider, though.

Besides the necessary bonus for each player protecting succesfully the captain (killing/assisting the death of someone who has a lock on or doing damage to the cap), what about giving each player that covers the carrier a little bit of points if the bomb is planted? I mean, the game can keep track if pilot A is shooting the carrier, and pilot B attacked continuosly pilot A in order to give the carrier time enough to plant, so I don’t think its impossible. Most of my Detonation matches I end low in points because I like to stick close to whoever picks the bomb and back him/her up, and I like to fly Tackers and ECMs specially for that purpose.

Agreed.

Besides the necessary bonus for each player protecting succesfully the captain (killing/assisting the death of someone who has a lock on or doing damage to the cap), what about giving each player that covers the carrier a little bit of points if the bomb is planted? I mean, the game can keep track if pilot A is shooting the carrier, and pilot B attacked continuosly pilot A in order to give the carrier time enough to plant, so I don’t think its impossible. Most of my Detonation matches I end low in points because I like to stick close to whoever picks the bomb and back him/her up, and I like to fly Tackers and ECMs specially for that purpose.

Well you are damn hero then. Good point, as well. A small reward for helping fend off ships so a teammate can plant would be nice. I’m not sure how it would be implemented though as I don’t think there is a slot in the battle statistics for bomb plant assists.

I agree, I always defend the captain in combat recon because I dont trust in the rest of the players (pub games you know) it would be nice if you get more points, because most of the time the efficiency is not that high, specially if your captain is a coward hidding behind the respawn point.

I tend to defend the captains.  Generally in the matches I don’t, it’s because the whole team stuck together or their captain got loose and I was already in a recon.  The kills are decent and the survivability tends to be great.

I like this idea. It couldn’t go so far as to double the points though, the way it does for destroying ships that are close to your beacon. If kills were worth double, game play would stagnate in Combat Reconnaissance since most players would camp the captain for the whole game. True, that is the best way to win Combat Recon, but it could potentially lead to slow-starting games in which neither team wishes to move out of their spawn area. It’s something to consider, though.

A lot of people don’t care about the points.  It’s a farmable aspect, but it doesn’t cause an imbalance of gameplay that I’ve seen.  Protecting the captain is the best way to win combat recon, but it does require a decent captain and a limitation on rushers.

As for detonation, I really xxxx hate it that defending a bomb carrier gets nothing.  It’s trying to help a win.  An ECM preventing damage to the bomb carrier is a major boost for a win even if it’s only one disable.  Anyone killing someone attacking a bomb carrier is a boost to a win.  Under the game’s mechanics, you get nothing unless someone dies.  Maybe you get a synergy boost, but for people playing to win they get next to nothing.  I know it’s somewhat safe unless he dies, but if he dies you’re expected to pick it up and plant.  If he dies and plants you GTFO of the 4v1 and survive.

That still ignores the peaceful plants.  You dedicated time for a win.  You could have gotten assists and kills in that time period.  One of the most effective means of planting the bomb is going the long slow route of the edge of the map outside of sensor range.

+1 to the OP

Well you are damn hero then.

It’s so weird and rare to see someone giving backup in this game? Everyone plays for themselves? Anyway, It’s hard to know if what you said it’s irony or what… But, I’ll say “thanks”. Next time I’ll avoid personal references.

It’s so weird and rare to see someone giving backup in this game? Everyone plays for themselves? Anyway, It’s hard to know if what you said it’s irony or what… But, I’ll say “thanks”. Next time I’ll avoid personal references.

Sorry. It’s a common saying in my group of friends. Every time someone does something selfless we say “You’re a G*d Damn Hero, John Marston!”

It’s a quote from Red Dead Redemption. Very much out of context, but no, I was not being sarcastic. It was meant to be sincere.

Also, I’m way off topic. So back to the reward for assisting Captains in Combat Recon or pilots who plant ECM bombs on enemy stations.

How should debuff assists and damage assists be calculated?

I tend to disagree with the OP. 

Im worried about the behavior of Players if such mechanics are implemented: 

1. In Detonation it might lead to Ball-Rushing the Beacons which might become the only valid tactics then. Sucks diversity out of that mode. 

1. In Combat Recon it might lead to an even bigger campfest than it is right now. Combat Recon can be fun, if you have a captain that stays with the group. But if he camps at spawn its just a booooooooring campfest. If all want the points it will become just an even bigger campfest with 12min waiting. 

As much as I would like to get rewarded for unsung hero actions… more variety in tactics is much more worth imo. 

If you have someone on the field who helped you a lot. just send him a “GG” and “tnx”. 

I do that on a regular base. Sometimes social interaction is more rewarding than 300 eff. points.  :yes_yes:

1. In Detonation it might lead to Ball-Rushing the Beacons which might become the only valid tactics then. Sucks diversity out of that mode.

Currently one third of the teams care about the bomb and two thirds kill each other.  That’s not diversity.

Currently one third of the teams care about the bomb and two thirds kill each other.  That’s not diversity.

still better than turning it into a second beacon hunt, which is the dumbest mode, imo. 

How to be a good captian. 

TEXT THE CRUD out of your team. Tell them what to do. 

And mention them to follow you. 

AND ping enemies, AND shoot towards enemies that are invisible to alert your team they are there, AND stay alive, AND make sure you shoot Sweet Rolls at JP (he will totally forget he is trying to kill you at that point).

AND ping enemies, AND shoot towards enemies that are invisible to alert your team they are there, AND stay alive, AND make sure you shoot Sweet Rolls at JP (he will totally forget he is trying to kill you at that point).

The last part is kinda true…okay true. 

How to be a good captian. 

TEXT THE CRUD out of your team. Tell them what to do. 

And mention them to follow you. 

I had a match a few days ago where I was the only one in an engineer and I told the captain to follow me, to the front.  Rushers weren’t a major concern, so it was siege and conquer.  He followed and we won.

Any rewards for doing what’s good for the team is a good thing in my book. Of course, we should always plug the holes in the rules so no one just farm points without regards to actually winning (things like LRF sniping instead of capping/defending beacons for example). In this case we should get extra points for any kind of assist for our captain or bomb carrier, but also extra points for killing players guarding enemy bomb carriers/captain. There should also be a big bonus for saving teammates from death (ie when they have less than 25% health), too often players ignore their teammates to chase their own targets (especially bad in combat recon and team battles where team survival matters).

Any rewards for doing what’s good for the team is a good thing in my book. Of course, we should always plug the holes in the rules so no one just farm points without regards to actually winning (things like LRF sniping instead of capping/defending beacons for example). In this case we should get extra points for any kind of assist for our captain or bomb carrier, but also extra points for killing players guarding enemy bomb carriers/captain. There should also be a big bonus for saving teammates from death (ie when they have less than 25% health), too often players ignore their teammates to chase their own targets (especially bad in combat recon and team battles where team survival matters).

You realize you brought up an OLD thread   :013j:

AND Yes this this HOLDS true there should be “EFFECENCY” points for PROTECTING the Capt ! 

As there has been changes… so those so called LRF snipers or anyone that just goes around and “farming kills” and does not contribute to the objectives are sort of “penalized” by not getting effecency points.  

Which means it may cause a drop to thier Skill Ratings.     Then again people may not give a RATS Behind about that particuar RATING :008j:   

This new Pilot rating thing is a whole NOTHER thread in itself  :01414:

Although, it is necro post I still fully agree.

Seeing a player going to plant and supporting him, even drawing the fire off him and possibly dying, helping plant helps the team, helps the player score huge efficiency you get nothing and probably benched for few seconds + repair costs.