Enough is enough.

Basically I have to say - I have enough to be a point of insults by other players when simply asking what is wrong with this or that. 

Long whiny threads where players want to just vent and I mistakenly wanted to solve a problem that didn’t exist or was just attacked as being in developers pockets (?!) or other bodily parts. And for what? Because I wanted this game to be better? I spent thousands and thousands of games, hundreds of Euros of my own money to verify claims by people that don’t even care if the problem will be solved or not. Why I did that? To make a statement that I do really care about something that brought me joy when I was dying. Gave me something to enjoy, to solve issues when I was closed in a solitary room in the hospital without my immune system. I was given mabe 2 weeks of life at that time. I survived that and I wanted to return favor for keeping me up and busy trying to make this game better. Why the heck not?  When I finished my main treatment and got informed that I will be partially disabled for the rest of my life (if anyone is interested -  my nerves are burned so my hands don’t fully work, that’s why I am crappy interceptor pilot - some maneuvers I made using… legs with pedals/keys) I got depressed and again - flying wings here got me up from the abyss of depression and allowed me to get my Russian back to the communicative level. 

However to my sorrow I see that less and less people are interested in what is core of this game - finding proper builds, counters, shortcuts. People do care more that someone shot them down, they don’t want to ask the crucial question “why?”. They want to vent about it, go again with the same setup/team/whatever and die again just to have another reason to vent. Heck I have a w/l of 1.93. Not too bad, but not exceptionally good either. Does it involve fast Internet connection and flashing twitch reflexes? I live 6 km from the Atlantic, on a stupid small island. I have no micro motor skills. My ping is usually between 76 and 500 - depending on the weather. Still people will shout that “if you want to win games you need to live in RU datacenter and be wired directly to their server” or some other utter nonsense. 

Last weeks showed something strange to me. Let’s take it from the start. We have a player  that was complaining about PvE difficulty. I played with him. Let’s say that summary of his actions was taking a covert ops ship for Processing Rig PvE and dying in first seconds of every stage (no, he wasn’t AFK - that’s his playstyle). Then the infamous Deconstructor Gun. I have no issue when someone is using this gun, heck I never died from it, even when dogfighting with my 2245 HP Taikin (and as I explained I am a crappy intie pilot). So I just simply asked what people think is wrong with this gun as it has the same DPS range, crit chance etc as Phase Suppressor. Ok, I made it a little in provoking way as I simply don’t see this as press-fire-to-win gun as I can mitigate/avoid it. Well - hellstorm started. I checked few builds, found out that this gun can be countered pretty easily (however it has too much per-shot damage, which I admitted more than once), said that for frigs it doesn’t do too much damage as soon as a frig pilot will use his brain and adjust to this gun. Heck, other corps know the same. So what normally was going on here was someone developed a proper counter for such weapon and shared the build. I wanted this time to not be me. Another rain of insults. Then MM issue - yeah there is new MM for some time, how does it work  - only devs know. Someone said that there are anomalies - I asked about proper data to be able to pass it on - more insults (hidden agenda? me? really?).

So I decided that enough is enough. On the forum I have rights as any other player. I just have a GM tag at my nickname that says that I am the guy that is responsible for doing the reports and keeping an eye on the rules of conduct being followed in the game itself (not on the forum). However it also disallows me from posting anything that is NOT neutral. Which of course in the hate threads is received as “effing dev supporter” - yes I got that once! So no more. If someone will genuinely ask for help - of course I will help. But not with anything else. No more initiative from my side will be shown on this forum as in the best case scenario it is met with cold ignorance and most of the time - I am just being used as a spitoon. 

No more.

I am sorry for your rightful anger and thant you take this step!

Me too got insults like I was in a§§§ of devs, and you know I am defny not!

As for the insults and false accusations due to your neutral posts in role of GM: it is sad that in the west we already do not have tolerant discussions of minds meeting from different positions and opinions: the other opinion is not only not respected it gets tried to be buried by feelings and ad hominem attacks and name calling and insults, not by facts or evidence → it’s a cancer of the PC (politically correct) west atm.

And the guy: I guess he feels lost and lonley in SC, having no access to real friends giving him hints for really good ship builds so he’s a bit sarcastic already - wanting to give the hurt felt back randomly (that is not moral behavior).

Sh!!t already - take a deep breath and try not to take it personally, I am sure if they would know you personally they would not be so rude to you…

57 minutes ago, avarshina said:

And the guy: I guess he feels lost and lonley in SC, having no access to real friends giving him hints for really good ship builds so he’s a bit sarcastic already - wanting to give the hurt felt back randomly (that is not moral behavior).

To whom are you referring to?

Take your time, [niripas]. The game will (probably) still be here if you change your mind. Don’t take things too literally and personally. Appearances can be deceiving at times.

People can often mean well, but they just express in a manner that can be viewed as offensive or directed towards a certain individual, while it’s just a general displeasure about something.

There is only one version of the truth, but there can be several interpretations of it. And while we may have different interpretations, the truth is left for those who know it - the Developers.

There is one other thing to admit. The main reason for this is the absence or minimal participation from official sources.

[Error] is no longer here, and things aren’t what they used to be.

Suggestions aren’t getting any official feedback from the developers, even if they are being considered.

Some annoying and quite important bugs are left as they are, and that’s much more problematic to strategic players who would like to see important gameplay elements fixed.

The game is evolving at extremely slow pace, making (almost) everyone edgy, mostly from the lack of information from official sources.

I just hope that the so-called promised update that’s long overdue, will deliver and met most expectations in the end. There is an unmatched potential in this game.

It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Kind regards,

[Koromac]

20 minutes ago, Koromac said:

Take your time, [niripas]. The game will (probably) still be here if you change your mind. Don’t take things too literally and personally. Appearances can be deceiving at times.

People can often mean well, but they just express in a manner that can be viewed as offensive or directed towards a certain individual, while it’s just a general displeasure about something.

There is only one version of the truth, but there can be several interpretations of it. And while we may have different interpretations, the truth is left for those who know it - the Developers.

There is one other thing to admit. The main reason for this is the absence or minimal participation from official sources is minimal, almost nonexistent.

[Error] is no longer here, and things aren’t what they used to be.

Suggestions aren’t getting any official feedback from the developers, even if they are being considered.

Some annoying and quite important bugs are left as they are, and that’s much more problematic to strategic players who would like to see important gameplay elements fixed.

The game is evolving at extremely slow pace, making (almost) everyone edgy, mostly from the lack of information from official sources.

I just hope that the so-called promised update that’s long overdue, will deliver and met most expectations in the end. There is an unmatched potential in this game.

It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

Kind regards,

[Koromac]

Although I know nothing about suggestions, atm I dont feel qualified to suggest, I agree with Koromac’s approach. I have never intentionally directed any fire at niripas nor intented to offend their creditability. I do have some valid points and I believe was clear who I’m expecting to reply.

Trully sorry to hear about the health issue, can only hope and wish for the best.

As for the “other” player, that at a different thread had other things to say, comes here now making assumptions about others… Assumptions on a personal level, perhaps it was google translate error…I’ll just let it go just this once, I hardly see the forum as the place for such talking, but like I said just this once.

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

minimal participation from official sources

game is evolving at extremely slow pace

reduced player base - low money in - slow development

1 hour ago, avarshina said:

reduced player base - low money in - slow development

And how do YOU know all that , are you Targem’s or Gaijin’s accountant or spokesman ? If not, such assumptions do harm both Dev and Publisher.

You appear to have an opinion for matters are that  beyond player knowledge and now this…But what I’m I saying here, someone to gain status at the forum needs to post all the time, regardless what.

2 hours ago, Koromac said:

To whom are you referring to?

Well ?

1 hour ago, ComWittman said:

to gain status at the forum needs to post all the time

Sometimes one strives for quality rather than quantity. derping as well lel

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Sometimes one strives for quality rather than quantity. derping as well lel

I agree hence made a clear remark regarding amount/quantity in which personally found no quality. Persoanlly, reply only when addressed, directly or indirectly. Avoid speculations to the best of my ability and in no case aim to distinguish at the forum. Fact is the forum is even way underpopulated than the game it self, we are talking about a handful of players and their alts… In all honesty, I  dont want to pin this insignificant subject further. The attempt is clear, no need for any analysis, as far as I’m concerned subject closed although some before posting should consider what you said, quality over quantity.

For what it’s worth I think you are a helpful and fair GM niripas.

You may feel that your efforts have been wasted at times, but the support you’ve provided in game (especially to newer pilots) hasn’t gone unnoticed.

Chin up.

Well given the time dedication and the already shrinking (stable) playerbase, the only people left are really just those who already have no social life and low self-esteem (like me), so the mindless nonsense from players is to be expected. Anything not on the topic of the game, like personal attacks, I’ve learnt to ignore. People will always be sh!t and that’s that. You just have to learn to see the game as what it is: a game, not a community. And remember that the dumbest people are always the loudest. (once again see how much I post lol)

I do wish that this game had the same playerbase as some others, and that the good did outweigh the bad, but that’s just what we got once the devs started going for moneygrabs.

Don’t listen those guys Niri, we all know that you are awesome!

I hope that nerves problem can be cured, It looks pretty bad  ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

tumblr_o9cbifXTxh1qbmm1co1_500.gif.e3fa29267d61af08598aaeb83a88a8b8.gif

Thx guys, for the warm words ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, EndeavSTEEL said:

I hope that nerves problem can be cured, It looks pretty bad  ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”)

Not really - they are just not there. After 5 years of trying different doctors and after several tests I just have to accept it and live with that. Considering that they were burned at the beginning of my cancer therapy in 2012 I can bet not many of you noticed you are playing with (or… against ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) ) a guy with 2 pieces of meat instead of hands ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

15 minutes ago, niripas said:

Thx guys, for the warm words ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Not really - they are just not there. After 5 years of trying different doctors and after several tests I just have to accept it and live with that. Considering that they were burned at the beginning of my cancer therapy in 2012 I can bet not many of you noticed you are playing with (or… against ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”) ) a guy with 2 pieces of meat instead of hands ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)

Have you tried acupuncture yet? I had someone in my family going through the same as you and it worked wonders for him. He got hand and foot acupuncture treatments and he gained lot of his balance back and could control and feel more and more with his fingers. If you have access to this kind of treatment I can only recommend it.

So sorry to hear that : (

Hope experience of Sin’s family could help.

It worth a try anyway

And all guys who goes insult you because their big ego are a bit hurted, are only cre tins.

59 minutes ago, SINaka said:

Have you tried acupuncture yet? I had someone in my family going through the same as you and it worked wonders for him. He got hand and foot acupuncture treatments and he gained lot of his balance back and could control and feel more and more with his fingers. If you have access to this kind of treatment I can only recommend it.

Sorry, SIN  - tried everything (including acupuncture). They did the conduction tests and the nerves are just not there. That’s it. In some parts I am missing more than 30 cm of nerves. It was my choice - one of the drugs in the treatment was known that in some cases it can damage the nerve structure. However if you have 2 weeks of life, you are not wondering about this. You are taking your baby daughter, hugging her, patting her small head knowing that it can be a goodbye, then turning to the doctors saying “let’s do this”. 

3 minutes ago, niripas said:

Sorry, SIN  - tried everything (including acupuncture). They did the conduction tests and the nerves are just not there. That’s it. In some parts I am missing more than 30 cm of nerves. It was my choice - one of the drugs in the treatment was known that in some cases it can damage the nerve structure. However if you have 2 weeks of life, you are not wondering about this. You are taking your baby daughter, hugging her, patting her small head knowing that it can be a goodbye, then turning to the doctors saying “let’s do this”. 

I feel ya…

: (

38 minutes ago, SINaka said:

I feel ya…

Nice word choice 

To niri, I think you’ve done way more work on the forum than it deserves, and you’ve had a great positive impact in game. We had lots of fun duo queuing in t5 ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Thanks for saying what some of us old timers could not/would not say niripas. I am already turning my boat around and heading back to Sector 1337. ![:p](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/004.png “:p”)