comprehensive guide to Destroyers

Will this guide be updated where the special module lies? Had to learn the hardway where it is from Procyon.

Generally the router is located at the rear of the ship close to the engines. On the Procyon it is the two light-circles on the top and bottom of the ship. On the Invincible it is harder to see, but it is a curved, glowing object on the top of the ship towards the rear. On the Archon it is extremely obvious. It is the giant sparking ball thing in the middle.

Will this guide be updated where the special module lies? Had to learn the hardway where it is from Procyon.

There is a little description on Module Layout for each destroyer already:

Ship overview

• 100 000 Hull and 15 000 Shield

• 3000 capacitor volume

• 110 speed

• 143 energy/sec regeneration

• 200 pts/sec shield regeneration

(keep in mind these are stats for synergy lvl 1 and will improve over leveling of the ship)

Has more difficult module layout than other 2 Destroyers - 1st Module is on the left, 2d - on the right and 3,4 are below the hull, while Jericho and Federation have 2 above and 2 below. This makes Invincible somewhat harder to micromanage due it having more hemispheres for modules to work on.

Ship overview

• 75 000 Hull and 30 000 Shield

• 4000 capacitor volume

• 132 speed

• 171 energy/sec regeneration

• 200pts/sec shield regeneration

(keep in mind these are stats for synergy lvl 1 and will improve over leveling of the ship)

- 2 Active modules located above the hull, and 2 below

• Can deploy 3 static shields in the same time

Ship overview

• 70 000 Hull and 40 000 Shield

• 3200 capacitor volume

• 110 speed

• 143 energy/sec regen

• 280 shield regen (keep in mind these are stats for synergy lvl 1 and will improve over leveling of the ship)

- 2 Active modules located above the hull, and 2 below

• Static Shields consume 50% less energy per deployment

Plus i had Archon’s screenshot with where modules are located, and if you click preview on a Destroyer it is pretty obvious where module pylons are.

I do plan on expanding a guide to a R11 destroyers and new active modules when they come around though.

i gained 3 lwl just for looking that page what a awesomeness thanks 

There is a little description on Module Layout for each destroyer already:

Plus i had Archon’s screenshot with where modules are located, and if you click preview on a Destroyer it is pretty obvious where module pylons are.

I do plan on expanding a guide to a R11 destroyers and new active modules when they come around though.

Special Module != active modules. I now know where the Procyon special module is located, but not every have them. This is a little tactical + that is missing in this guide just saying.

Special Module != active modules. I now know where the Procyon special module is located, but not every have them. This is a little tactical + that is missing in this guide just saying.

Oh you mean the Energy Router, aka the "F"ing module. 

My bad, I did not udnerstand your request originally, yes i will find a way to add those in the guide, for R8s and upcoming r11s

Invincible layout:

1 / 1 / 0 / 3 / 1 - engine slot is only for shared cooled engine, Invincible is not the ship to use engines for mobility :slight_smile:

Shared Cooler is a 9-13/12-15 module, so it can’t be fitted on a Rank 8 ship…

Shared Cooler is a 9-13/12-15 module, so it can’t be fitted on a Rank 8 ship…

Didn’t need that cooler anyways :))

thanks, fixed

After using the pyro, I encountered that it does damage in its wind up phase. Have other seen this too?

Tried it against some targets and they flee before the emitter fully relaese the death ray…

Is it only me, or does Destroyer feel like crippled DDs??? Tried it in OS and I must say that it’s anything but useful there. Small clusters of enemies take longer and are a higher thread as with other ships… The only module, which is half decent, is the tempest launcher.

Do I suck so hard, or our superduperomg destroyer are only flying bricks to support other durable ships? …

I believe Pyro does initial dmg on activation, plus the 1st “buff destroyers” patch had a mention of that initial dmg being increased.

not gonna withstand a Mexican stand off of raw tanking, 

As a born and raised mexican, I’m terribly offended. *cries* 

Haha nah, Aight. I’m kidding.

On a serious note, this dilemma’s been bothering me for quite a while now. 

I’ve got it narrowed down to Procyon or Archon.

Clearly discarded the Invincible because it’s pretty broken and I’m not talking about the benefical type of broken. 

In a “mexican stand-off” haha.

Who’d be more likely to win a 1v1 - the Archon or the Procyon? (If we’re talking about average lads facing each other)

After using the pyro, I encountered that it does damage in its wind up phase. Have other seen this too?

Tried it against some targets and they flee before the emitter fully relaese the death ray…

Is it only me, or does Destroyer feel like crippled DDs??? Tried it in OS and I must say that it’s anything but useful there. Small clusters of enemies take longer and are a higher thread as with other ships… The only module, which is half decent, is the tempest launcher.

Do I suck so hard, or our superduperomg destroyer are only flying bricks to support other durable ships? …

Pyro deals initial dmg indeed, but its very low compared to the charged phase.

I tried my invincible at OS (the furthest i could go) and it was pretty powerfull, auto turrets do a great job btw, however you have to kill fast or you will start taking dmg you cant repair (unless you jump). For aliens like hunters and predators you have to be carefull, but they are definately a threat you can effectively deal with. Try to positionate well, aim your guns properly, make sure you have the right “F” module active and only activate the modules when you have to (if you are going to fire tempest, plan your flying path first in order to hit most missiles)…and save energy for static shields, they are pretty handy.

Also, (don’t tell the devs,) the puro beam screws up OS bot AI and makes them continue to travel in whichever direction they are currently traveling in. It’s kinda funny to shoot one in the middle of a giant horde of enemies and watch them scatter like ants.

@papitas: Is your forum-nick your ingame-nick? Can I add you and try to fly with you to see how you handle said enemies?

@Fox: Maybe there lies the problem. I focus on those, that either coming to me or flying in mid-range to me. After starting the pyro, they disperse fast and so I only deal minor damage to them…(as they start to fly towards me)

@papitas: Is your forum-nick your ingame-nick? Can I add you and try to fly with you to see how you handle said enemies?

Yes it is: “Papitas” (without quotes). Add me and ill show you.

First off If I haven’t said it yet,  Amazing guide.

Can you explain the additional damage that is done when an engine, Special module (F) or active module is destroyed from the ship.  Is there a large alpha damage against that ship ?  Is there a visual indicator when one is destroyed ?

First off If I haven’t said it yet, Amazing guide.

Can you explain the additional damage that is done when an engine, Special module (F) or active module is destroyed from the ship. Is there a large alpha damage against that ship ? Is there a visual indicator when one is destroyed ?

The damage is different for each turret, but each turret will always only do that amount of damage. It is white damage so there is no lessening it, it is also done straight to your hull, and not your shield volume of any is left.

The visual indicators are:

1. the massive damage that you take

2. the module no longer works and is blacked out

3. the module turret on your ship explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot.

The damage is different for each turret, but each turret will always only do that amount of damage. It is white damage so there is no lessening it, it is also done straight to your hull, and not your shield volume of any is left.

The visual indicators are:

1. the massive damage that you take

2. the module no longer works and is blacked out

3. the module turret on your ship explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot.

I mean visual indicators from the opposition’s perspective ?  (i think your answer still applies “it explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot”)

But what about engines or the "F"ing module ?

Where do you find the received damage from each active module ?  Its the quantity of damage im curious about.

EDIT - think I found it 5K to 6K damage  

https://youtu.be/S7oyZlQEJ4Q?t=91

I mean visual indicators from the opposition’s perspective ? (i think your answer still applies “it explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot”)

Where do you find the received damage from each active module ? Its the quantity of damage im curious about.

The engines will be a continuous flame, much like the animation from before destroyers when your hull was hit by a laser. The F’ing module will be the same as the active modules.

The damage from each part being killed is as follows:

Pyro Emitter: 5000

Tempest Launcher: 6000

Plasma Turret: 5000

Multiphase Shield: 10000

Capacitor: 8000

Engines: 10000

Blaster Turret: 5000

Wormhole Projector: 6000

I mean visual indicators from the opposition’s perspective ?  (i think your answer still applies “it explodes and all that is left is a sparking burnt spot”)

Where do you find the received damage from each active module ?  Its the quantity of damage im curious about.

added  IX. Mechanics of destructible active modules.  into general section 

Description and Video