Balance in PvP still bad

1 minute ago, GatoGrande said:

How is this suppose to be fun?

Great balance all the way.

http://prntscr.com/j1ul55

http://prntscr.com/j1ukrm

again opposite site has more than 100K PvP games.

And now Niri will be smart again.

It is impossible to level ships when you get games like this in PvP.

Also, all low-rank ships are on blue side.

MM  S U C K big time. 

blue side; http://prntscr.com/j1uoen

red side; http://prntscr.com/j1uorf

Another example of rubbish, biased Matchmaker.

My team had one guy with R10 and R5 or R6 ship, and another guy that only had Palom - R3.

This was happening on Iridium Strand map, the big one where you had to capture changing beacons, one at a time.

@RIGGEDTOLOSE

Screenshot:

UVsdYGi.png

it’s not the ranks of ships which make you lose

makes no sense to show the screenshot of your teams unexperienced player vs. the other teams best 22k battles player.

it’s the pilots behind it. not the ship ranks.

problem of the mm is the pilot distribution

but on that regard i agree, sometimes its just really strange.

(also i am not saying putting unexperienced r3 players is a good idea there, but it would not have hurt to distribute them amongst the teams)

Guy on Palom got 3 kills and 1 cap. I doubt he is a newbie. Some people take low rank ship to “exploit” the normalization bonus - yesterday I met guy that was making havoc in my team with bubble Lynx MkII - my 1.1k dmg Phaser was dealing 200 dmg to his hull.

1 hour ago, Rob40468 said:

Guy on Palom got 3 kills and 1 cap. I doubt he is a newbie. Some people take low rank ship to “exploit” the normalization bonus - yesterday I met guy that was making havoc in my team with bubble Lynx MkII - my 1.1k dmg Phaser was dealing 200 dmg to his hull.

Calling it an “exploit” is ridiculous. t1/t2 ships are still inferior because low rank equipment has worse stats (projectile speed and range being an important one) and they have access to far fewer modules depending on rank.

If you feel like the bonus is OP you can try t1, like many pilots did earlier (and then switched back to t4-t5)

47 minutes ago, _terrorblade said:

Calling it an “exploit” is ridiculous. t1/t2 ships are still inferior because low rank equipment has worse stats (projectile speed and range being an important one) and they have access to far fewer modules depending on rank.

If you feel like the bonus is OP you can try t1, like many pilots did earlier (and then switched back to t4-t5)

That’s why I call it

"exploit"

. They just get res and few % damage more, they lack of tools highier rank have, only noticeable on low rank guards.

But Ghost’s laser dmg can be ridiculous sometimes, or if you have confidence in your piloting skills taking something like Stingray to R15 matches really makes it a difference.

Sorry, but nothing this screenshot reveals gives real reason to complain:

18 hours ago, Koromac said:

UVsdYGi.png

… the Eff. points in value an distribution shows nothing spectacular or worisome, this happens

… all the pilot names in upper-case letters show that this is deviation from normal distribution

… the involved [XYZ] corporations show this is not normal newbee selection

… Eff. pounts and ships choosen show that the red side did have pilots who know what they do with what ship

… pilots on red side seemed to have synergistic good fitting of ship-selection and skills

… blue side was not so bad, the worst of them the good known NERW in his Stingray (couldn’t come through to capture 1)

… my feeling is blue side lost because their ships just exploded a bit more often then the red side and I attribute it to skill not ship ranks

conclusio: the published screenshot shows frustration because one side had no real strategy or measure to counter the skills of other side, and had lower ranked ships flewn by veteran pilots, what proved to be not really that good and viable strategy as it might had seemed. This screenshot is not an example of rubbish, biased Matchmaking process. And the game frustration in PvP: we all experience this a bit more often than prior times: that’s why players are leaving PvP and we see more aggro in open space (from behind, out of NPC clouds and in tacklers uncloaking from behind trying to kill before cloaking again, like the infamous Klingons, as you would guess my Wazzi ‘Waltzing Mathilda’ eats them for breakfast (most of the time ; ) )

6 hours ago, avarshina said:

Sorry, but nothing this screenshot reveals gives real reason to complain:

… the Eff. points in value an distribution shows nothing spectacular or worisome, this happens

… all the pilot names in upper-case letters show that this is deviation from normal distribution

… the involved [XYZ] corporations show this is not normal newbee selection

… Eff. pounts and ships choosen show that the red side did have pilots who know what they do with what ship

… pilots on red side seemed to have synergistic good fitting of ship-selection and skills

… blue side was not so bad, the worst of them the good known NERW in his Stingray (couldn’t come through to capture 1)

… my feeling is blue side lost because their ships just exploded a bit more often then the red side and I attribute it to skill not ship ranks

conclusio: the published screenshot shows frustration because one side had no real strategy or measure to counter the skills of other side, and had lower ranked ships flewn by veteran pilots, what proved to be not really that good and viable strategy as it might had seemed. This screenshot is not an example of rubbish, biased Matchmaking process. And the game frustration in PvP: we all experience this a bit more often than prior times: that’s why players are leaving PvP and we see more aggro in open space (from behind, out of NPC clouds and in tacklers uncloaking from behind trying to kill before cloaking again, like the infamous Klingons, as you would guess my Wazzi ‘Waltzing Mathilda’ eats them for breakfast (most of the time ; ) )

Before I post my screenshot I always check pilot stats. Before I complain. 

And in all of those games one side had more then 80-100k more played PvP games then other side.

Also I don’t have lot of even-close PvP games. 85% are one sided.

One more thing that I noticed in PvP is that MM put players with low rank ships on same side.

So you get all purple modules max rank ships on one side and on other side you get sh it.

Try it.

Make new account. And you will see how can you play even with rank 9 and white modules against R 15 full gear ships.

This one tier with current mm is terrible.

3 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

Try it.

Make new account. And you will see how can you play even with rank 9 and white modules against R 15 full gear ships.

This one tier with current mm is terrible.

@GatoGrande: nothing is perfect. especially in automated software-services, as we all know- And know what we all have learned to live with it in real life.

Only here, pointing out the negative 3 to 4 standard deviations from normal distribution are pointed out: consequence is, the devs do not listen any more…

please, think 1 min this way, what if the software can’t be perfect and has limited results due to making constant decisions and compromises? what if the developers and programmers cant’ help it due to fluctuating number of players etc.pp.? what if we had self-referential learning routines to some degree, that would benefit from more steady players and lower options a pilot could go into battle?

M8, try to relax and take it as it is. Hopefully - the needed reasoable Nerf-patch will come soon, this week or next!

11 minutes ago, avarshina said:

@GatoGrande: nothing is perfect. especially in automated software-services, as we all know- And know what we all have learned to live with it in real life.

Only here, pointing out the negative 3 to 4 standard deviations from normal distribution are pointed out: consequence is, the devs do not listen any more…

please, think 1 min this way, what if the software can’t be perfect and has limited results due to making constant decisions and compromises? what if the developers and programmers cant’ help it due to fluctuating number of players etc.pp.? what if we had self-referential learning routines to some degree, that would benefit from more steady players and lower options a pilot could go into battle?

M8, try to relax and take it as it is. Hopefully - the needed reasoable Nerf-patch will come soon, this week or next!

Well I can also say; what is MM is made that some players always get better team?

What if …

Also, I didn’t say that we need some nerf, just more balanced PvP that will make joy to play. Let there be 80% balanced games and not opposite.

And don’t worry I’m relaxed…and I post here because I hope for better game. 

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

And don’t worry I’m relaxed…and I post here because I hope for better game. 

![:good:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/good.gif “:good:”)