AI targeting one man mostly

When doing PVE I get targeted the most especially lately. I am not the only one to say it happens to them and even a few people noticed it happens to me.

Now, my question is why? Its a little crazy to be the one that gets targeted most even when someone else is right in front of you or closer to the enemy.

I do fine with it, I’m just curious of this behavior. I’d like to see how many of you have noticed this as well. I’m not saying that anything needs to change, but it could use some more intelligence when choosing targets it would seem as its targeting choices seem to be based off of something that doesn’t quite add up to me.

Also, this doesn’t always happen, just seems to be most of the time and more so in the last week or so.

Like I said, just curious…

Once they have a target, they don’t change until you get out of their sensors. 

And their target is usually the first they see, because they have a limited sensor range. 

If they see more then one target when they don’t have a target yet, then they attack the closer.

6 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

Once they have a target, they don’t change until you get out of their sensors. 

And their target is usually the first they see, because they have a limited sensor range. 

If they see more then one target when they don’t have a target yet, then they attack the closer.

That’s what everyone keeps saying but I experience something different which I did my best to explain above. I don’t really know how to explain it better. I was thinking of putting up a video of numerous missions to show the behavior but that just sounds like work. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

If there’s another parameter then it’s most likely to be either effectiveness (focus the strongest), or hull-shield integrity.

But anyway, it they target you too much, leave their sensors for ~3 seconds. They’ll change target.

1 minute ago, Swifter43021 said:

If there’s another parameter then it’s most likely to be either effectiveness (focus the strongest), or hull-shield integrity.

But anyway, it they target you too much, leave their sensors for ~3 seconds. They’ll change target.

I do with em scattering or hide behind a rock termporarily and as soon as i show my face again all of them switch right back to me. This behavior baffles me. Like i said im not having troubles with it, its just curious.

Are you sure that they attacked someone else ? And that someone else was still visible to them ?

Because if you disengage. but they attack nobody before you become visible again, you’ll probably be closer to them then any other ally… So they’ll attack you again.

I have the same problem. I’ll be the only one attacked and the others in my group will be like “meh” and I’ll be space dust in 10 seconds if I don’t find shelter.

AI attacks the closest target or the target that fired on them first. Then it pursues the target till it’s destroyed or out of sensor AND visual range. Visual range is ~3km, which means that EM scattering field activated closer than that - doesn’t work. 

Are you all referring to OS? Because your visual/sensor/3km is false in PvE.
As dead one I watched a few times ELRF and I was often targeted really hard to die.
Some facts: AI will spawn aggro on someone(best seen in ELRF). You see how the circle move rightly towards a specific player right from the start. Even if this player is 10km+ away while you(in this case the LRF) are just 5km away from them.
Visual/sensor is BS. You are everytime available for them.
The exceptions are invisibility modules(EM/invisible/camo). They remove them from their mighty radar, but if they are to close(<2km) they shoot with visual help at you(EM) or bugshot you(invisibility like I encountered as Tackler in OS).
Else they have everytime at anytime an absolut aggro. Doesn’t matter if someone is closer or is shooting them, they follow their spawn aggro target until they die, it die or is long enough removed from their universal long range radar. If the AI isn’t totally bugging out into terrain, you will check that they don’t need radar/visual sight to you to find you. Can be done with being tackler, going into one open direction, cloak after 3km+ flight and go into opposite direction(into ‘cover’ to not being able to see the NPCs/having them on radar) and then wait. Because if they would need to have you on their radar/needing to see you, you could wait until you time-lose the mission.

3 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Are you all referring to OS? Because your visual/sensor/3km is false in PvE.
As dead one I watched a few times ELRF and I was often targeted really hard to die.
Some facts: AI will spawn aggro on someone(best seen in ELRF). You see how the circle move rightly towards a specific player right from the start. Even if this player is 10km+ away while you(in this case the LRF) are just 5km away from them.
The exceptions are invisibility modules(EM/invisible/camo). They remove them from their mighty radar, but if they are to close(<2km) they shoot with visual help at you(EM) or bugshot you(invisibility like I encountered as Tackler in OS).
Else they have everytime at anytime an absolut aggro. Doesn’t matter if someone is closer or is shooting them, they follow their spawn aggro target until they die, it die or is long enough removed from their universal long range radar. If the AI isn’t totally bugging out into terrain, you will check that they don’t need radar/visual sight to you to find you. Can be done with being tackler, going into one open direction, cloak after 3km+ flight and go into opposite direction(into ‘cover’ to not being able to see the NPCs/having them on radar) and then wait. Because if they would need to have you on their radar/needing to see you, you could wait until you time-lose the mission.

I think you misread what I wrote, please read it again. Their sensor range is well over 9km, I was talking about visual range. As I said - they will detect nearest target or if out of range of their sensor - the target that had them locked/engaged first. If there are no other targets and primary will EM/cloak, they will go to last known position. If you will not move and have only EM scattering on, they will visually detect you when they close on you and start to shoot. If there are other targets and range is over 3km, and their primary will engage EM scattering field, they will switch to another target. Also - hiding behind the rock and staying there doesn’t work as they will go to the last known position (hiding behind the rock) and then will detect you. 

PS. please read what you are posting before sending, it’s very hard to understand. I.e. what does it mean:

?

To put things into more perspective I notice this MOST in Defense Contract any rank and any ship. And I have seen the Commander chase down someone that was 10k away even at spawn. This guy was waiting for cruiser to take out the engines while we destroy the Commander and the whole time was going after him. He was in a gunship and is the best at pve in our corp so I’m leaning toward ai tends to pursue the biggest threat (mostly). Now I don’t notice it at all in say Ice Belt. I don’t know but I am a coder so the algorithm behind this is what interests me.

9 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

That, i’m pretty sure eff is taken into account or as he said stronger. I often will be in the center and a it behind, of a triangle formation. First thing bots see is like gunship inty and engi and still will focus my command. I think it tend to happen more when  you fly a buff/control effect ship type. Though, the more i think about it, the more factors there could be…

5 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

This is so wrong. 

When I’m the last man alive in fire support and go far enough from them, instead of following me, they go back to their spawn because they have no idea of where I am (which allow to solo the boss before the cruiser quite easily with LRF). 

@niri: Most of what you posted is false.
And you don’t seem to check this, else you wouldn’t mean I wrote the ‘same’ as you in my post.

>> PS. please read what you are posting before sending, it’s very hard to understand. I.e. what does it mean:

<<

They don’t need to see you/have you on the ‘radar’.
I already explained that.
They will have an universal radar. This mean you can’t hide anywhere at any time as long as you live as last one. They will everytime have a focus on you. That they just fly ‘to your last known position’ is only true as it’s the last code algorithm before universal radar reveal you again for them triggering their finding algorithm.
@swifter:
>>they go back to their spawn because they have no idea of where I am<<
Are you referring to the boss? He is scripted so to avoid bugterrain exploiting.

2 minutes ago, Swifter43021 said:

This is so wrong. 

When I’m the last man alive in fire support and go far enough from them, instead of following me, they go back to their spawn because they have no idea of where I am (which allow to solo the boss before the cruiser quite easily with LRF). 

And to add to it if someone gets dc’d and everyone dies the ai often will not find the dc’d victim and does go wondering around…

Is this DC victim from the start DC or was he active and then DC?
DC players are afaik no prio target as only 4 of 30 enemies or so hunted one.

8 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

<<

They don’t need to see you/have you on the ‘radar’.
I already explained that.
They will have an universal radar. This mean you can’t hide anywhere at any time as long as you live as last one. They will everytime have a focus on you. That they just fly ‘to your last known position’ is only true as it’s the last code algorithm before universal radar reveal you again for them triggering their finding algorithm.

No they clearly have a limited sensor.

Of course, they can see you if devs wanted to. But they don’t. 

The IA is probably just a class that inherit the player controls, but instead of keyboad it’s an algorithm that trigger actions -> Don’t have more informations then what the player do. 

1 minute ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Like I said, you can get far enough and they stop following you. Even if you aren’t disconnected.

28 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

AI, in most cases, will not target dc players whether dc from spawn or dc in the middle of the battle. I recall one in Defense Contract getting dc in the middle of the battle and everyone died but the commander was just flying around not even bothering with the dc victim.

Once I used a duplicator to push DC player and attract commander to him or else we would have to wait the entire pve time :stuck_out_tongue:

On 10/27/2016 at 9:20 PM, xXConflictionXx said:

That’s what everyone keeps saying but I experience something different which I did my best to explain above. I don’t really know how to explain it better. I was thinking of putting up a video of numerous missions to show the behavior but that just sounds like work. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

I can be outside it’s sensor range, and they rush past to get to me(especially suppressors and butchers) So yeah, the whole “in their sensor range” and such is complete nonsense.  Some ppl just seem to have an AI visible sign that says “kill this one and this one only” (trust me i’m one of them too :confused: )