Adjusting the Mole to it's role

Greetings pilots,

I’ve played the mole for some hours and tried to find a good configuration for its role : farming in open space.

At the moment it isn’t a better O.S. ship than my previous ship, for those reasons :

• the mole as 2 times less radar range

-it’s slower

-it can’t equip a spatial scanner and have a decent radar range at the same time

I would like to propose an update to make it fit perfectly it’s role, remove one hull slot to put it in the CPU, so he could have a correct radar range of 10 608 for Open Space and equipping a spatial scanner at the same time.
Another arrangement that could be great, but maybe it would be too much, is that in O.S. his radar range is increased to something like 15000-20000 meters.

Thank you for reading it,

Sogh CEO [ARKFR]

For the Frenchs

Pour les Français

Salutations pilotes,

J’ai joué le Mole pendant quelques heures et j’ai essayé de trouver une bonne configuration pour son rôle: le farm en open space.

**Pour le moment, ce n’est pas un meilleur vaisseau d’O.S. que mon vaisseau précédent, pour ces raisons:

• le mole a 2 fois moins de portée radar**

-il est plus lent

-il ne peut pas équiper un scanner spatial et avoir une portée radar décente en même temps

Je voudrais proposer une mise à jour pour l’adapter parfaitement à son rôle, retirer un emplacement de coque pour le mettre dans le CPU, afin qu’il puisse avoir une portée radar correcte de 10608 pour l’Open Space et équiper un scanner spatial en même temps.
Un autre arrangement qui pourrait être génial, mais peut-être que ce serait trop, est que dans l’O.S. sa portée radar soit augmentée à quelque chose comme 15000-20000 mètres.

Merci de votre lecture,

Sogh PDG [ARKFR]

Without even talking about its fragility … so with one hull less … just add 1 cpu without removing anything else, is it possible?

sans même parler de sa fragilité…alors avec une coque en moins…juste  rajouter 1 cpu sans rien retirer par ailleurs, c’est possible?

16 minutes ago, SheenShade said:

Without even talking about its fragility … so with one hull less … just add 1 cpu without removing anything else, is it possible?

sans même parler de sa fragilité…alors avec une coque en moins…juste  rajouter 1 cpu sans rien retirer par ailleurs, c’est possible?

Its durability is not a problem with good seeds you can easily beat the enemies, it’s a farmer not a fighter  :P

Sa durabilité n’est pas un problème avec de bon Seed chips on peut facilement battre les ennemis, c’est un farmer pas un combatant: P

certes

blessed be the seed chips ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

33 minutes ago, SheenShade said:

certes

blessed be the seed chips ![:007_2:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/007_2.png “:007_2:”)

Yes… and no… but they are useful x)

55 minutes ago, Sogh said:

Its durability is not a problem with good seeds you can easily beat the enemies, it’s a farmer not a fighter  :P

Sa durabilité n’est pas un problème avec de bon Seed chips on peut facilement battre les ennemis, c’est un farmer pas un combatant: P

To the contrary, in other modes (PvE namely) the Mole’s durability is a severe problem - one thing a few of us on the EN side have spoken about is perhaps swapping an engine slot for a shield slot, since as the ship is Federation close to half it’s EHP is shield. But it has no way to strengthen it’s shields.

Although I agree it is a farmer, it doesn’t need to be so much weaker than it’s counterparts in so many ways.

3 minutes ago, TheDerpNukem said:

To the contrary, in other modes (PvE namely) the Mole’s durability is a severe problem - one thing a few of us on the EN side have spoken about is perhaps swapping an engine slot for a shield slot, since as the ship is Federation close to half it’s EHP is shield. But it has no way to strengthen it’s shields.

Although I agree it is a farmer, it doesn’t need to be so much weaker than it’s counterparts in so many ways.

The aim of the ship is Open Space, so it need mobilty so the two engines are usefull :confused:

3 minutes ago, Sogh said:

The aim of the ship is Open Space, so it need mobilty so the two engines are usefull :confused:

Mobility can be boosted by capacitor and hull slots too though

2 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

Mobility can be boosted by capacitor and hull slots too though

Same as shields can be boosted with chips. This ship is meh in PvE or Skirmish, why would anyone even take it to those modes? I understand extra radar range (just change this +70% as it is now, to +130%) that’s the only QoL change this ship needs to farm asteroids, chips and destroyers. Modification of it’s unique main weapon to get the perfect extraction every time would be nice, but  again - it’s just a QoL change as well. I won’t discuss the mechanics of the asteroid mining here, but I would say that the Mole is almost dialed in for it’s intend and purpose. It would be nice if it would have an extra shield slot, but testing that ship against OS destroyers I would say it’s just marginally worse from the Hammerhead. I would boost the amount of repair drones to 4 or increase the repair rate for extra 60-100% to counter reduced shield regen rate, though.

3 hours ago, niripas said:

I understand extra radar range (just change this +70% as it is now, to +130%)

Modification of it’s unique main weapon to get the perfect extraction every time would be nice, but  again - it’s just a QoL change as well. 

Those ideas are greats I think and it could be better than what I propose

finally, with good modules to increase it’s resistance, this ship is awesome to farm seed chips ! but i ll stay with tai kin for asteroids ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

well… with the new update can’t get more than 4 or 3 loots with Tai’kin…so as with Môle I can get 5… Môle will be my best friend for farm, now ![:lol:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/lol.png “:lol:”)

On 5/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, SheenShade said:

finally, with good modules to increase it’s resistance, this ship is awesome to farm seed chips ! but i ll stay with tai kin for asteroids ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

Now when I think about it, what prevents Mole from being a good ship for farming seed chips is its rank. Mole is r16 so it cannot get r17 chips, it makes it useless for example for getting chips for r17 destroyers.

right, but still very usefull to get a lot of crap ones (a lot ![:(](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/003j.png “:(”) ) to lvl up my good ones ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)