[1.4.0b] Client not starting on Arch Linux?

The Star Conflict client does not launch on Arch Linux any more, I tried starting it today after a while of not playing and it won’t launch either from Steam or the command line, The errors from the command line:

./StarConflict: /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by ./StarConflict)
./StarConflict: /usr/lib32/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: no version information available (required by ./StarConflict)

I have the latest version of both of these libraries installed however I believe the issue is that the game client requires older versions of these libraries. I’ve seen these errors before and thats usually the case. https://showbox.bio/ https://tutuapp.uno/ https://vidmate.cool/

I had a look but no game logs have been created.

My system information:

System: Host: apes-pc Kernel: 4.9.6-1-ARCH x86_64 (64 bit)
           Desktop: Gnome 3.22.2 Distro: Arch Linux
Machine: Device: desktop Mobo: ASRock model: Z97M Pro4
           BIOS: American Megatrends v: P1.40 date: 05/23/2014
CPU: Dual core Intel Pentium G3258 (-MCP-) cache: 3072 KB 
           clock speeds: max: 4000 MHz 1: 4000 MHz 2: 4000 MHz
Graphics: Card: NVIDIA GM206 [GeForce GTX 950]
           Display Server: X.Org 1.19.1 driver: nvidia
           Resolution: 1920x1080@60.00hz, 1280x1024@60.02hz
           GLX Renderer: GeForce GTX 950/PCIe/SSE2
           GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.26
Audio: Card-1 NVIDIA Device 0fba driver: snd_hda_intel
           Card-2 Intel 9 Series Family HD Audio Controller
           driver: snd_hda_intel
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.9.6-1-ARCH
Network: Card-1: Intel Ethernet Connection (2) I218-V driver: e1000e
           IF: enp0s25 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full
           mac: d0:50:99:3e:6f:af
           Card-2: Intel Wireless 7260 driver: iwlwifi
           IF: wlp5s0 state: up mac: d8:fc:93:42:95:e1
Drives: HDD Total Size: 3000.6GB (47.7% used)
           ID-1: /dev/sdb model: ST2000DM001 size: 2000.4GB
           ID-2: /dev/sda model: ST1000DM003 size: 1000.2GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 1.8T used: 1.3T (77%) fs: ext4 dev: /dev/sdb1
           ID-2: swap-1 size: 4.00GB used: 0.04GB (1%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sdb2
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 43.5C mobo: 36.0C gpu: 41C
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A fan-1: 1644 fan-2: 1267 fan-3: 0 fan-4: 2380 fan-5: 0
Info: Processes: 204 Uptime: 11:53 Memory: 2989.1/7940.0MB
           Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2

7 hours ago, Ahmmhed said:

I have the latest version of both of these libraries installed however I believe the issue is that the game client requires older versions of these libraries. I’ve seen these errors before and thats usually the case.

Nope, the game runs fine with the latest curl and OpenSSL-1.0 libs on my system.

7 hours ago, Ahmmhed said:

Kernel: 4.9.6-1-ARCH

GLX Version: 4.5.0 NVIDIA 375.26

Maybe update your Kernel and NVIDIA driver, the 4.9 series has only like 200 newer releases, but I highly doubt that any of them is a supported configuration for Arch.

So all I know from you bug report is: >>Game doesn’t work on an outdated Arch system.<<

We didn’t test game on Arch Linux

Did you try making it load libraries from the steam folder?

First let steam know your gonna be starting the game manually by adding steam_appid.txt

touch /steamapps/common/star\ conflict/steam_appid.txt
echo "212070" > /steamapps/common/star\ conflict/steam_appid.txt

Second make a script inside star conflict folder I call mine sc.sh:

#!
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/<username>/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/:/home/<username>/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ ./StarConflict

Run nvidia driver 435.21 also and tell it to install 32 bit compatibility libs this installer needs to be run from runlevel 3 as root. So drop to console after dl’ing it  su, put your password in, ./NVIDIA…run go throught he prompts.  Also you need your kernel headers at least built so they can be seen by the installer.  You may have a different runlevel than 3, but do telinit 3 from a console to go to it then install nvidia then just reboot or type telinit 4? to get back to the x windows session.

Since your on arch I assume most stuff for compiling exists. So you may need to rebuild your kernel dir.

cd /usr/src/linux-4.19.55 cat /proc/config.gz \> .config make bzImage && make modules rm -Rf /lib/modules/4.19.55 make modules\_install cp ./arch/x86\_64/boot/bzImage /boot/name-of-kernel-image since its named the same and same version you wont need to update yoru boot loader.

I also had to compile SDL2 and OpenAL in 32bit chroot and install those as compatibility 32 bit packages, or you can install those to the steam ubuntu lib folder.

Compile those against your system libraries in 32 bit land then install them in your compatibility lib dir.   For me it is /usr/lib (32bit), /usr/lib64(64bit).

I dont know if this process is dificult on some distros due to how they handle multi lib but the above instructions should get the game to load. You may experience the game seeming like its not loading for up to 5 minutes then it will pop up. Also make sure steam is open and start from your shell script. Me I just made a shell script in my home dir so i can pop open a console and type ./sc and it loads for me. You can also start the game with dbg to see what kind of back trace it gives. But long as you follow the above most of the errors will be gone.  Hopefully this solves most of the linux install problems for a lot of people.