Ubuntu 15.04+AMD Driver+SC no Start

./StarConflict: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

i’m sorry  error and error

1 - First, sudo apt-get install curl

2 - Try running the start commands for 32 / 64 again.

3 - (If still not working) sudo ldconfig which will actualize your libraries

4 - Try running commands again.

5 - (If still not working - probably a symlink that’s broken)

— Navigate to /usr/lib/ and look for “libcurl.so.4”. If you don’t see it, the symlink needs to be created:

— sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4

6 - Try running commands again.

If after all that, you’re still getting an error, let me know.

-LIB

Very thank you for help me  LIB :slight_smile:

1 - First, sudo apt-get install curl

/home/karismatik>sudo apt-get install curl
Mot de passe [sudo] pour karismatik :
Lecture des listes de paquets… Fait
Construction de l’arbre des dépendances
Lecture des informations d’état… Fait
curl est déjà la plus récente version disponible.
curl passé en « installé manuellement ».
Les paquets suivants ont été installés automatiquement et ne sont plus nécessaires :
gir1.2-timezonemap-1.0 libgconf2-4 linux-headers-4.2.0-16
linux-headers-4.2.0-16-generic linux-image-4.2.0-16-generic
linux-image-extra-4.2.0-16-generic
Veuillez utiliser « apt-get autoremove » pour les supprimer.
0 mis à jour, 0 nouvellement installés, 0 à enlever et 2 non mis à jour.

2 - Try running the start commands for 32 / 64 again.

/home/karismatik/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/star conflict>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ ./StarConflict
./StarConflict: error while loading shared libraries: libcurl.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/home/karismatik/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/star conflict>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ ./StarConflict

3 - (If still not working) sudo ldconfig which will actualize your libraries

= not working

4 - Try running commands again.

= not working

5 - (If still not working - probably a symlink that’s broken)

— Navigate to /usr/lib/ and look for “libcurl.so.4”. If you don’t see it, the symlink needs to be created:

i’m search is here:

160412083711403601.png

— sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4

I don’t tested

6 - Try running commands again.

I don’t tested

If after all that, you’re still getting an error, let me know.

-LIB

i continue my problem:

i have:

sudo apt-get install libcurl3:i386 OK

and

sudo apt-get install libxrandr2:i386 OK

and now new error !!

/home/karismatik/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/star conflict>./StarConflict
./StarConflict: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

— sudo ln -s /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4

I don’t tested

Looking at your screenshot (very helpful), your search is only showing the libcurl file in /usr/lib/x86_64/

Assuming you did a recursive search from at least as far up as /usr/lib/, that would mean that there is no “libcurl” file in the /usr/lib/ directory, but instead, it is only in your /usr/lib/x86_64/ directory.

So, first - please double check that. Make sure your search includes /usr/lib/ and everything in it and, if it only shows a file in /usr/lib/x86_64 as the screenshot above, then you know what you need to do. (The loader looks for the file in the /usr/lib/ directory - it doesn’t search your whole system)

Your command to create a symlink will be sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 based on what I observe from your screenshot.

To be clear what we’re doing there is we’re ln -s (<–creating symlink) /usr/lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4 (<–that points to this file) /usr/lib/(<–in this directory)libcurl.so.4(<–and giving it this name)

So your loader will look in /usr/lib/, see the link, and be directed to the correct file location.

After creating the link with the above command and attempting to run the game again using the Library Load command, please let me know if you run into any other errors.

and now new error !!

./StarConflict: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

As for this error, you were running the StarConflict executable directly from the command line without giving it any Library Load command. So, likely the first thing that the game loader noticed was that it was missing the very first dependency on its list - SDL - because it wasn’t pointed in any direction to find it.

-LIB

so :

I did as you said:

1)
sudo ln -s /usr/lib/x86_64/libcurl.so.4 /usr/lib/libcurl.so.4 OK

then:

2)
/home/karismatik/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/star conflict>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ ./StarConflict
/home/karismatik/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/star conflict>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ ./StarConflict
/home/karismatik/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/star conflict>

But between 2 post I installed 32-bit library (as described above) was then ca change the result I think.
I redid a screenchot research was the root of the drive:e drive:

160417085202626298.png

in the shell and it does not work via Steam
such as in my first video.
he began then as soon closes.
distributuion it with anyone!
I installed other games via Steam it really works well.

the developers as able to make a little effort to operate the games library with 64-bit!
which uses a 32 bit OS today?

To sum up:
Ubuntu 15.04+ AMD Driver Owner = Exactly problem
Ubuntu 14.04+ AMD Driver Owner = Exactly problem
SteamOS (just install and the steam connection)= Exactly problem
Ubuntu 16.04+ check AMD in additional driver    = Exactly problem

I’ll stay on 16.04 and stop to change  OS

I saw on youtube and steam that alot of another person is the same problem
but he did not insist and abandon what he’ll have to do …
but there is no solution in fact I think

:fed015: :fed015: :fed015: :fed015: :fed015:

Navigate to /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ and run a search within that for “SDL”. You should see a file called “libSDL2-2.0.so.0.2.0” as well as a symlink to it called “libSDL2-2.0.so.o”.

If you don’t see both of these, go to your package manager and search for “libSDL2-2” - you should see two choices come up, one “libSDL2-2.0-0:i386” and the other “libSDL2-2.0-0”. My guess would be that you only have the i386 one installed. If that is the case, install the second one as well.

Afterwards, verify that both the file and symlink are in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ and then try running the game again.

I know this seems like a lot of the same, but that’s what you run into when you have failed dependencies - a lot of checking, installing and rechecking as the program keeps going down the list to the next failed dependency.

You should be able to satisfy the SDL dependency pretty easily though - it’s either a missing file or a missing symlink somewhere, and then after that, the game will either run or tell you you’re missing another dependency - but the fix will be the same - search for it, install it, make sure it’s linked, etc.

I feel for you, cause it’s been a couple weeks now that you haven’t been able to play. I hope you get this fixed.

-LIB

If you’re still reading this, try running

sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev:i386

I just upgraded to 16.04 last night, and I had to do the above to get the Library Load command to work.

It works again for me using 

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/ ./StarConflict

-LIB

Sorry i was holiday :slight_smile:

I is not no results by searching for " libSDL2-2.0.so.0.2.0"

But I’m :

/home/karismatik>sudo apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev:i386
Désolé, essayez de nouveau.
Lecture des listes de paquets... Fait
Construction de l'arbre des dépendances       
Lecture des informations d'état... Fait
Les paquets suivants ont été installés automatiquement et ne sont plus nécessaires :
  gir1.2-timezonemap-1.0 libgconf2-4 libiptcdata0 linux-headers-4.2.0-16
  linux-headers-4.2.0-16-generic linux-image-4.2.0-16-generic
  linux-image-extra-4.2.0-16-generic rawtherapee-data
Veuillez utiliser « apt-get autoremove » pour les supprimer.
Paquets suggérés :
  libcurl4-doc:i386 libcurl3-dbg:i386 libidn11-dev:i386 libkrb5-dev:i386
  libldap2-dev:i386 librtmp-dev:i386 libssl-dev:i386 zlib1g-dev:i386
Les NOUVEAUX paquets suivants seront installés :
  libcurl4-openssl-dev:i386
0 mis à jour, 1 nouvellement installés, 0 à enlever et 65 non mis à jour.
Il est nécessaire de prendre 290 ko dans les archives.
Après cette opération, 1 137 ko d'espace disque supplémentaires seront utilisés.
Réception de : 1[http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/](http://fr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/)wily-updates/main libcurl4-openssl-dev i386 7.43.0-1ubuntu2.1 [290 kB]
290 ko réceptionnés en 3s (80,6 ko/s)               
Sélection du paquet libcurl4-openssl-dev:i386 précédemment désélectionné.
(Lecture de la base de données... 299984 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Préparation du dépaquetage de .../libcurl4-openssl-dev_7.43.0-1ubuntu2.1_i386.deb ...
Dépaquetage de libcurl4-openssl-dev:i386 (7.43.0-1ubuntu2.1) ...
Traitement des actions différées (« triggers ») pour man-db (2.7.4-1) ...
Paramétrage de libcurl4-openssl-dev:i386 (7.43.0-1ubuntu2.1) ...
/home/karismatik>

and :

But exactly problem … -_-…

thank you again for helping me
but it’s useless it makes three months that I test
I Give Up
My PC is not compatible StarConflict
thanks anyway
ByE

i got to windows :frowning:

you launch staconflict via ubuntu 16.04?
you really very chance !!