SomethingSomething 'Destroyers are fine' SomethingSomething

1 hour ago, niripas said:

Of course you are right that those resists will stack. However your Vigilant lasted almost 40 seconds under concentrated fire. In similar situation (almost) max resists Patriarch lasted 19 (signature masking + pulsar active) and was killed by only 3 ships shooting at that ship  (Thar’ga, Covops, Destroyer). I didn’t test the adaptation mechanism as it’s not available for R15. 

Build tested:

image.png.dd1abcd8eb0073259bd231a81b0b419d.png

You must understand a few things that are pretty much left unexplained.

Hidden passive bonus modifiers for hull and shield resistances and damage resistance at lower ranks gain more benefits than any Rank 15 ship. Archelon, Reaper, Blood Tormentor. (in %, not pts.)

There is another modifier that impacts or adjusts critical hits and damage as well and possibly some other modifiers, not just resistances and damage.

If you got one slotted ship of Rank 15, then your Rank 7 ship will actually have all 15 implants. Archelon, Reaper, or Blood Tormentor will get all of them.

Some exclusive Premium modules that make the ship more powerful than any standard variations.

24 minutes ago, Koromac said:

You must understand a few things that are pretty much left unexplained.

Hidden passive bonus modifiers for hull and shield resistances and damage resistance at lower ranks gain more benefits than any Rank 15 ship. Archelon, Reaper, Blood Tormentor. (in %, not pts.)

There is another modifier that impacts or adjusts critical hits and damage as well and possibly some other modifiers, not just resistances and damage.

If you got one slotted ship of Rank 15, then your Rank 7 ship will actually have all 15 implants. Archelon, Reaper, or Blood Tormentor will get all of them.

Some exclusive Premium modules that make the ship more powerful than any standard variations.

I know that. However in this case +50 resists bonus is less than 10% damage reduction. So that point is actually moot. And if those 3 attacking ships were lower ranks (they were 2xR15 and 1xR14) my testing Patriarch would be killed even faster. My point was that whatever ship you put in that position (6-7 different players shooting and hitting your ship, 3 of them in less than 1km from you) - it will explode. 

On 7/10/2018 at 8:42 PM, Koromac said:

If Destroyers will be as crappy as the ONES we have now, I surely won’t bother spending one billion Credits and several thousands of other resources just to get an Ellydium Dessy.

Soon™

To be honest, i fail to believe, we will ever see this one…

goodness me… I see a few problems with this right away. I’ll address the less important one first.

Problem 1: You are playing PvP. The devs will NEVER fix PvP, it would take too much time and effort to bring it to the point where it has any semblance of the balance it used to. Just do a different game mode, PvP is the worst thing to do in the entire game at this point. Even Open Space is more profitable and enjoyable half the time.

Problem 2: PvP in general is stupidly unbalanced and there’s pretty much no hope for this 3 year long problem of ever being resolved, the same that is said about destroyers could be attributed to a whole slew of other ships, just to name a few for example: Cutter, Ghost, Karud, Loki, Sawtooth, any of the aliens

Problem 3: The most pressing matter to address as far as I’m concerned (because its the only one that might ever get fixed) is what the xxxx is that ping you have. In every example video posted its between 400 and 500… I mean sure thats the same ping that I get in 90% of my game experience but thats because I only ever get Russian servers, somehow even when the majority of the players in battle have USA only set as their preferred server location and only 1 player has it set to Russia (because 5v1 squad vs random battles still exist because they killed the Sector Conquest game mode along with the rest of the game to the point that there’s nobody to queue against except for a wing of 5 or more) but have you considered looking at your router and modem setup? I’m sure its possible to improve your ping with some upgrades. My upgrades didn’t really improve it by anything, but I’m also connecting from across the xxxx planet.

Just try playing any standart command and you’ll instantly forget about destroyers being weak. You’ll lern what true pain is! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

1 hour ago, Scar6 said:

Just try playing any standart command and you’ll instantly forget about destroyers being weak. You’ll lern what true pain is! ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

Yeah commands need a base rework. Only very few builds have any potency and even they can be taken down quickly if you know how to. Saw One for example seems to be the pinnacle of the Command class. Loki follows closely. That’s it. Everything else is trash.

But destroyers? Destroyers are just a credit and resource sink at this point. They have no purpose. They can’t keep up with combat. They are obscenely expensive to repair and upgrade. They are incredibly expensive to build in he first place. Everything is buffed against them. It’s awful.

21 hours ago, PapyMcBites said:

Cutter, Ghost, Karud, Loki, Sawtooth, any of the aliens

Nerfed, Nerfed, Nerfed, Nerfed, Nerfed, Thar’ga is pretty much unusable, Tai’kin is decent, Waz’got might be still a little broken.

Regardless… your list of “broken” ships is flawed.

4 hours ago, Flash0914 said:

Nerfed, Nerfed, Nerfed, Nerfed, Nerfed, Thar’ga is pretty much unusable, Tai’kin is decent, Waz’got might be still a little broken.

Regardless… your list of “broken” ships is flawed.

Cutter, Karud and Sawtooth are still much superior to the standart counterparts. I believe tacklers could be buffed in general, but the other two are too powerful. Taikin is still too manouvarable with too many gtfo buttons and too many speed debuffs.

Just look at the passive boni of cutter and sawtooth.

Tharga is fine, Wazgot only annoys me because of its autoaim heal beam. And at times the gravi wave.

taikin hasn’t been hit with any nerf lately, i rather think people got a bit tired of it. i still think it is the most op ship in terms of basic movement and abilities. it requires way too much focus and attention. well. NY…

sawtooth was always the best jerri tackler in high ranks, even before it got buffed to be “decent” - because before the buff, altough it was the best jerri tackler in high ranks, it could not compete with any of the federation tacklers. generally, the meta of t4&t5 where almost every ship has decent speed, tacklers suffered, and that’s why the fed tacklers, which could be used as yolo assassin gunboats or cruise droid sh*tters were more prominent, after the general over the board buff to tacklers a few years ago.

also lets not forget, there are not many tacklers for jerri in general.

when t3 was the main meta, where a slow main body was usual for a team match, and teams still played pvp a lot, the kat-ae was a very well rounded gravi beam ship, because it had both the sight range and weapon range of 6k, allowing the tackler to focus on the slow job.

otherwise however, even in that tier, the parallax and hyena later on were a more prominent pick, simply because of their better survivability.

the cutter is funny, as for a long time it was shunned.

same with the golden eagle. that ship was crazy to fly without frontal blaster aim assist.

karud was actually always a decent pick.

i still think among the commands, the dart is a decent pick aswell. i would also love to get my hands on a granite.

ad destroyers: i am not sure what to think here. i have not played a bit, since i have stuff to do irl, so i might be outdated on some stuff, however as far as i saw not much changed in the patches i missed; for me the vigilant could still win games, if it is used as niri described it.

guards are usually picked a lot in the wrong situation, if the morale collapses e.g. - but guards are not as tanky in masses…

well except the NY. is that thing still such a plague?

12 hours ago, g4borg said:

guards are usually picked a lot in the wrong situation, if the morale collapses e.g. - but guards are not as tanky in masses…

well except the NY. is that thing still such a plague?

NY might have been nerfed to death (though i can’t say for sure) i just haven’t seen any in a long time, and to be quite honest i don’t dislike Star conflict without the Saucer…