Please reanimate the interceptors before it is too late.

To be fair that aura is guard’s way to protect himself from interceptors being constantly on his back and I agree with that.

Dont forget signature masking, phase shield and pulsar. they´re all protective. 

Fun fact: Build a Tempest without speed-mods. My Grizzly MKII will outrun you. 

Dont forget signature masking, phase shield and pulsar. they´re all protective. 

Fun fact: Build a Tempest without speed-mods. My Grizzly MKII will outrun you. 

LOL, my anaconda does 300M/s

LOL, my anaconda does 300M/s

370-ish, here. Lvl 4 Synergy.

Well that esclated quickly.

I’d love to see interceptors receiving a little bit of TLC. I don’t mind that they are squishy, but dieing in 1 shot is never fun, regardless of what this one shot may be. In addition, many interceptors are too slow or lack maneuvrability and this seems a little counter intuiitive to the class.

Whether or not perhaps all ships need a bit of tweaking to get the correct feel back in the ships is a different matter, but ever since the major module changes I’ve simply not enjoyed flying as much as I did before.

I too am primarily an interceptor pilot, though lately I am mostly found in Engineers. Frig balls seem the only really competitively viable play style right now.

I’d love to see interceptors receiving a little bit of TLC. I don’t mind that they are squishy, but dieing in 1 shot is never fun, regardless of what this one shot may be. In addition, many interceptors are too slow or lack maneuvrability and this seems a little counter intuiitive to the class.

Whether or not perhaps all ships need a bit of tweaking to get the correct feel back in the ships is a different matter, but ever since the major module changes I’ve simply not enjoyed flying as much as I did before.

I too am primarily an interceptor pilot, though lately I am mostly found in Engineers. Frig balls seem the only really competitively viable play style right now.

True. The only way intys are OP if your entire Squad is running an inty of each type. 

So they reduced the auras by 20%.

What that translates into T4 purple ?

So they reduced the auras by 20%.

What that translates into T4 purple ?

Not that much.

Still, better than before

How many people in this thread are “primary interceptor pilots”.  I’d venture to guess more than half.  There is a reason for that, and its not because they are underpowered.  :stuck_out_tongue:

How many people in this thread are “primary interceptor pilots”.  I’d venture to guess more than half.  There is a reason for that, and its not because they are underpowered.  :stuck_out_tongue:

Me, and no, at least I don’t feel underpowered with them, dunno about the rest…

Not my primary either but I do (as you) don’t like them because there is too much of them.

when I play this, this is the only class I do engage any ennemy, even guards, I think that’s why people like to play them. 

I am exclusively interceptor pilot.

I think the LRF and Engineers are fine for now from what I see facing them.  Not too strong, not too weak.

Interceptors - All weak due to impared movement and that is the interceptors’ “tankiness”

Honestly, I don’t mind if interceptors get a speed boost. Yes, that is their strong point and yes they should be the fastest units in the game.

The main reason interceptor pilots don’t really mind LRF and Engineers is because (simply put) they aren’t a threat. They’re more like tasty snacks just waiting to be terrorized.

The reason guards are almost always mentioned and criticized is because they are the direct counter to interceptors (that’s why they have slowing fields and auto-aim pulsars). Here’s a hint: The Cov Ops Plasma Sword wasn’t designed to cut through a Guard’s shield. And with only 2 guns, you’re looking at a lot of plinking.

You want to fight a guard, try a Tackler (defense debuff) or a Gunship (overdrive).

The reason Tacklers aren’t being nerfed despite being another unit designed to take out interceptors is because (pause for effect) they suck at it. They can only lock one ship at a time, so if the interceptor has a wingmate…

Also, Tacklers still have to aim their weapons, so shooting a squirming interceptor isn’t as easy if their slowing fields have been interrupted.

Their debuffs are line-of-sight. So all the interceptor has to do is find a rock.

And lastly, Recon intys have drones that disable the cloaking defense of Tacklers and can micro-warp away, ECMs have active modules that outright shut down a Tackler’s active modules, and Covert Ops can go invisible and disrupt the line-of-sight if they have the right active module equipped and they also have a special ability that prevents a wounded Tackler from cloaking.

So without their slowing and inhibiting debuffs, Tacklers are slower and less maneuverable than Interceptors. Which means Tacklers = Tasty Snack

So why are Guards a problem and Tacklers aren’t? Because Tacklers suck and Guards are actually a threat.

[long post]

Correct.

And since most people fly inties (read: ‘ingame, not on the forums’), they got something they can complain about because they cannot 1v1 them (not so easily at least). Poor tackler pilots are supposed to sit back and wipe their tears (well, some of them).

Honestly, I don’t mind if interceptors get a speed boost. Yes, that is their strong point and yes they should be the fastest units in the game.

So why are Guards a problem and Tacklers aren’t? Because Tacklers suck and Guards are actually a threat.

You KNOW there’s a problem with the game when Fighters can outrun and outmanoeuvre Ceptors.

Tacklers, depending on fit, are also an excellent counter. Guards just need the Engine Inhibitor and Pulsar, whereas Tacklers need to turn to face them and shoot.

Same goes for LRFs. Torp + Guided Torp + Coil Mortar.

You want to fight a guard, try a ion emitter (defense debuff)

Dont forget the actual  high spread in covert ops weapons. Hit ship is more hard then ever now(nerf in capacitor slots).

Tacklers, depending on fit, are also an excellent counter. Guards just need the Engine Inhibitor and Pulsar, whereas Tacklers need to turn to face them and shoot.

Yeah, that’s the entire problem right there. Tacklers don’t have the turn speed/maneuverability to keep an interceptor in their sights if their active modules have been disrupted.

Their modules can be disrupted by any number of other active modules, or a simple rock that breaks line-of-sight. Once disrupted, their modules go into a lengthy cooldown.

Most other ships have modules that act as auras (propulsion inhibitor) or fire-and-forget (spy drones). Tacklers are one of the only ship types that have to keep their target in sight during the entire duration of their module’s ability. This was originally done because there was no timed limit on the modules’ duration. But now that most of those modules have a limited duration, the line-of-sight nature of these modules is a double-nerf; rendering Tacklers rather impotent.

Yeah, that’s the entire problem right there. Tacklers don’t have the turn speed/maneuverability to keep an interceptor in their sights if their active modules have been disrupted.

Their modules can be disrupted by any number of other active modules, or a simple rock that breaks line-of-sight. Once disrupted, their modules go into a lengthy cooldown.

When was the last time you checked out tacklers? 

in T1/T2 Tacklers are the bane of intys, the major lack of drones, low passive resistances and slow speeds, makes it very easy for them

In T3 Parallax and Bear aren’t that bad as long as you specialize them at something, killing intys+feds fighters or killing fighters in general + frigs.

In T4/5 there are modules boosting rotation by a lot + some tacklers have build in passive bonus 25% rotation speed at certain synergy levels

Painter and Inhibitor Beam have 1 second cooldown, it was buffed patches ago, you can almost instantly re apply them

Engine suppressor used in the right time = dead inty, jericho or fed fighter right there. And it has 40 seconds cool down that can be further improved via implant in T4+

Overall tacklers are much much stronger force than they use to be couple patches ago. You cant expect them to fly in and kill all inties in proximity (what guards use to do) but they steadily kill targets 1 by 1.

T1 tacklers are good? I was just trolling some in a recon