Making Balance Together!

just wait alien ECM ))

no

Alien ECM is more like a parasite. Gonna be able to take over ships and stuff.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Alien ECM is more like a parasite. Gonna be able to take over ships and stuff.

It will end up taking over your account and steal your GS, THATS WHY I CAN GET RID OF THEM FOR YOU NOW FOR A 29.99% DISCOUNT ON TAI’KIN NODE PARTS.

The offer is limited and I will not be held responsible for any issues with the transactions.

But no joke it will literally jack your ship.

That is unless they see my comments and go “just because he said that we are abandoning that feature” XD

4 hours ago, xKostyan said:

xKostyan

1. What ranges of ranks can play in one battle? Try to mention general system of technical levels, crossing ranks in battles, etc.

Imho the most balanced, diverse and fun battles we had during the time when we had 3.5 queues (tutorial/easy/average/hard ) backed by rank buff matrix, but for this to work well we need to reduce amount of ranks in the game and instead of 15 we need 12, currently due to equipment, implant, and base stats vertical progression creates too much of a difference in a base power of our ships, compressing ranks would allow for much more balanced games, on top of that that would eliminate a lot of a psychological factor for rank difference (like r10 fighting r15 even backed up by survivability and dmg buffs).

1.1) Rank compression has been long overdue:

• Ranks 7, 10 and 13 should be evenly spread between edge ranks (6-8 / 9-11 / 12-14) resulting in total of 12 ranks

• Implants of ranks  10, 14 and 15 should be consequently removed and their effects merged with other implants.

This leads to:

– Tutorial queue (rank 1-4)

– Easy (ranks 5-7)

– Average (ranks 8-10)

– Hard ( ranks 10-12)

Average and Hard have overlapping rank to mitigate “top of the food chain” in the middle of the game

1.2) Player is allowed to play any ship of a queue range in the battle, regardless of game mode (be it beacon hunt or Capture the Beacon) and all ships within a queue range should be eligible for Quest/Missions/Task credit (rank based, as long as other requirements are met, like role, weapon/dmg type/game mode and etc).

1.3) These queues should be persistent for Tournaments, Dreadnoughts, PvE and Raid missions

1.4) System of a buff matrix for lower ranks is fine for survivability and missiles but was way too much in damage.

– +5% dmg buff per rank difference

– + 15 resistance to shields and hull per rank difference

(example r10 in a hard (10-12) queue would have +10% dmg buff and +30 resistances)

======================

1. What should be the main parameters for matchmaking teams? Things like characteristics of the ship, the skill of the pilot, etc. Remember - a large number of parameters significantly increases the waiting time!

2.1) These factors should influence player’s matchmaker weight:

– Win ratio within a queue range

– Elo within queue range

– Overall battles (<500 / < 2000 / <4000 / >4000 )

2.2) +/- 1 player for squads matching:

– 2 men can be matched with randoms

– 3 men need at least 1x 2 men squad on opposite team

– 4 men need at least 1x 3 men squad on opposite team OR 3x 2 man squads

2.3) Equipment should not be included into MM calculations because as long as we have 4 slots, equipment’s average can be heavily influenced by adding 2-3 fully white ships that will never be flown in the battle.

2.4) Overall ELO rating is bad for MM because it is heavily influenced by going to easy game modes and playing recklessly vs new players with very low ELO (it will drop a lot by each death which skews mm weight in higher ranks)

2.5) Greatly reduce dmg in a tutorial and easy queues - it’s very frustrating for new players to instantly die to unknown sources over and over, let them feel the game better while allowing longer life spans.

======================

1. How should Jericho, Federation and Empire ship trees be changed, but not significantly, so that the game becomes more interesting? For example adding new modules, special modules, particular ship rework etc

Currently, all ships of the same class (Frigates/Fighters/Interceptors) have same base maneuverability stats, with difference in energy, top speed, and survivability), there should be higher diversity between factions (these apply to all ships within a faction):

3.1) Base stats:

– Empire reduce acceleration by ~10%, increase capacitor energy volume by 20%

– Federation ships should have higher maneuverability and acceleration  (+10% to acceleration, pitch, and rotation)

– Jericho +20 resistance to shields and +10% energy regeneration per second

3.2) Active gameplay:

• Empire has it +weapon dmg bonus across all ships (increase it by another 5%)

• Federation gets +15-20% CD reduction on active modules (multipurpose and role modules). Philosophy of Federation is to get in and get out, it can not tank straight up dmg and the majority of its gameplay is based on their active modules.

• Jericho gets +15-20% Effect of active modules (multipurpose and actives)

======================

1. What exactly do you think should be changed in Crew Implants system?

Currently, a lot of implants provide a very minimum and insignificant bonus, making it indistinguishable from 2 other implants of the same ranks. Most of the implants (all implants of the same rank) need their effect increased to increase actual difference and significance of a choice of each individual implant.

======================

1. What should be changed in the Bonus System, which strengthens ships in uneven battles?

See (1.4)

All of that implies Elly ships gets a toning down at some point.

Interesting, I like it, somewhat resembling my dreams ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) I did not think about the possibility to remove 15 14 and 13. But it makes sense, the game was originally designed like that anyways.

Although I was fine with the resi & damage boni like they where a couple of months ago, your version has some nice compromises that again, make sense. (providing said ranks were compressed)

In times like this, I feel like the efford you took to write this down must be rewarded after all I consider this already a waste of time. Thanks for your sanity ![:D](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/006j.png “:D”)

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

That is unless they see my comments and go “just because he said that we are abandoning that feature” XD

Yeah, I can already see the “Infect the locked ship. Once the target is destroyed, it gets biomorphed and stays as an ally for 120sec”. 

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Yeah, I can already see the “Infect the locked ship. Once the target is destroyed, it gets biomorphed and stays as an ally for 120sec”. 

Obsolete comment.

Balance me off of a cliff.

Before I post my idea or suggestion, I need to know this.

What happens, if a 500 cap for enriched monocrystals go over the limit, if the reward is 50 or 500 enriched monocrystals?

I mean, it should go over the cap, right? I am only worried, because I am pretty close to that cap.

Just now, Koromac said:

What happens, if a 500 cap for enriched monocrystals go over the limit, if the reward is 50 or 500 enriched monocrystals?

I mean, it should go over the cap, right? I am only worried, because I am pretty close to that cap.

It will either go to your hold directly or as in my case i got messages that stayed there until i wasted some monos and then i could just take them.

Maybe you will get the old monos, 10k cap tho.

I can confirm you will recieve 50 MONOCRYSTALS, so the old ones, not the enriched ones.

Okay I’m 110% ok getting old resources. I can store more of those anyways.

1 hour ago, Koromac said:

Meaning you couldn’t care less about the actual game balance and only here for the free stuff…

Incentive is great and all but MM really does need some work man. If you are in really good PvP corp and own the opaf ships then you may not see it as much as the majority of us. I am actually fukn great with standard ships especially if it involves a beacon but I just can’t bring myself to play TvT right now and PvE and CooP are just getting boring.

Seriously, I played fukn WoWs over SC yesterday. This is where it has gone. And if you haven’t played WoWs, the ships move slow af. like funny slow lol but still a decent game.

Yup, very nice suggestions kosty. One of the best implementations of MM we ever had was the three tiers (outside of tutorial tier, as you say) with compensation for lower ranks in each tier. This compensation was initially too strong, especially with destroyers getting a huge HP buff. However with more fine-tuning, I’m sure that could be resolved. I’m not sure about your suggestion for faction differences, but anyhow that is irrelevant while ellydium ships remain as strong as they are. There is no reason to fly fed while elly ships are more manoevrable, no reason to fly empire while elly ships have more damage, and no reason to fly jeri while elly ships have more tank.

Your +/-1 suggestion for squad balancing is also what I have always advocated and suggested, bar the 4v3x2, but I guess that would work also.

I think, once the tier system has been stabilised, the implant system should be tier-based also. One of the main problems with the compensation for lower ranks was that implants were not compensated, so lower rank ships were still at a disadvantage in their tier.

Can I found how the current MM works somewhere or just blindly suggest things?  

2 minutes ago, JaVi said:

Can I found how the current MM works somewhere or just blindly suggest things?  

I think only God and a few devs knows how its exactly working. So manny ninja patch was introduce, I have a good guess but not more.