Low rank bonuses are Joke on players that use R15+

58 minutes ago, John161 said:

I may agree with most of the points you mentioned, but IMO the single vest thing they did lately, it could have been implemented better but the mm on average is in my experience far more balanced.

well from my experience MM is different from day to day.

Someday it is really working well and next day is complete crap.

So this MM is an enigma for me, all I can do is post screens when it is awfull like a few days ago where I was in a game with a player that has 5 PvP games in total or next game after that where detonation started two vs two and one player had just Waz’got R6 in slot. The game ended 3 vs 2 bombs delivered at the moment where three players hot joined on each side. So six players with 0 points.

So you don’t know what is worse, to start a game where one player is level 1 or too hot join when the game is over.

low rank bonuses are around a long time now.

there were a lot of bad things inbetween the introduction and now.

even the one tier solution came later.

it was a last good thing they did, that gave a lot of old pvpers hope, so we kept on playing for a while. but it turned sour, as everything else got worse.

however dont forget, when they tried to discourage squads, and limited it to two for example. it lost a lot of population. yes, some prefered no squads, but this could have been solved better.

or rank limitations that made it hard to just find a nice queue to play in.

you mention a few gamebreaking stuff. but there was a lot more.

you mention hotjoining implementation. but at first, it was a lot better. you had large games which could be hotjoined, but the game modes were not adjusted.

later on, they adjusted and fixed the broken game modes, by removing them or adding points, but they also lowered the amount of players needed for hotjoin, and introduced so many new models, that they had to change precaching and without an SSD you have joinlags.

so it was always fixing one thing, but introducing ten new things that were crap. and of course, if you work like that, you will not see improvement, and even revert good ideas.

the problems we had from tiers and ranks are gone now with the bonuses. there is no noobfarming, no t3 squadding, and theoretically, now you can even form squads with different ranks. so those old problems are solved, but new ones are introduced.

i would prefer a full rebalance, but i also prefer that someone do it, who has a clear pvp oriented competitive mindset, and not mix it with “ranking up” carrot pve mmorpg elements. even mmorpgs have pvp but they are wise enough to put that at the end.

introducing special abilities to ships, that are low rank, without a one tier solution, would be a waste for the game. why introduce a cool looking ship, that can do something unique, but only if its used in lower ranks. that totally destroys the concept of ranking up being progression. all these ideas are confusing each other. there is no clear concept.

at least that we can all agree on.

16 minutes ago, g4borg said:

low rank bonuses are around a long time now.

there were a lot of bad things inbetween the introduction and now.

even the one tier solution came later.

it was a last good thing they did, that gave a lot of old pvpers hope, so we kept on playing for a while. but it turned sour, as everything else got worse.

however dont forget, when they tried to discourage squads, and limited it to two for example. it lost a lot of population. yes, some prefered no squads, but this could have been solved better.

or rank limitations that made it hard to just find a nice queue to play in.

you mention a few gamebreaking stuff. but there was a lot more.

you mention hotjoining implementation. but at first, it was a lot better. you had large games which could be hotjoined, but the game modes were not adjusted.

later on, they adjusted and fixed the broken game modes, by removing them or adding points, but they also lowered the amount of players needed for hotjoin, and introduced so many new models, that they had to change precaching and without an SSD you have joinlags.

so it was always fixing one thing, but introducing ten new things that were crap. and of course, if you work like that, you will not see improvement, and even revert good ideas.

the problems we had from tiers and ranks are gone now with the bonuses. there is no noobfarming, no t3 squadding, and theoretically, now you can even form squads with different ranks. so those old problems are solved, but new ones are introduced.

i would prefer a full rebalance, but i also prefer that someone do it, who has a clear pvp oriented competitive mindset, and not mix it with “ranking up” carrot pve mmorpg elements. even mmorpgs have pvp but they are wise enough to put that at the end.

introducing special abilities to ships, that are low rank, without a one tier solution, would be a waste for the game. why introduce a cool looking ship, that can do something unique, but only if its used in lower ranks. that totally destroys the concept of ranking up being progression. all these ideas are confusing each other. there is no clear concept.

at least that we can all agree on.

Do not forget that first explanation for bonuses that lower rank ships have was that new player will be protected and will not be farmed…

I see now that you as some others are saying that these low-rank bonuses allow us to also use lower rank ships and compensate what exactly?

let’s compare a few ships;

R8   Nightingale; http://prntscr.com/khdnh4       and            R11 Swift Eagle http://prntscr.com/khdo2t

does R8 really need bonuses? 

you know, there is a simple solution for all these rank bonuses,

remove all numbers that are in ship tree that is showing us now level=rank of ships.

This way all ships will be of the same rank.

Make all ship have the same number of passive module slots ( where are Tai’kin in not OP advocates now? 11 passive module slots on that ship ),

and finally 

remove rank numbers behind modules and weapons.

The result of this will be all ships in one class (interceptors, fighters…) can use the same weapons and modules. 

This way all bonuses will be absolute.

Also grinding in game for leveling modules and weapons because of different ranks that we have now would be also reduced as benefit of this.

Solutions are here, people just need to see them. 

Why do I still see this; http://prntscr.com/lb108r in my max rang PvP games?

http://prntscr.com/lb10im

this really makes a bad game for me.

I would certainly like to say something about this 

and all fairy tale -lies that you say here.

On 8/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, GatoGrande said:

does R8 really need bonuses? 

if you were around back when there were no bonuses, you would know, that a r8 has no chance against a r11, and a r12 has no chance against a r15.

also i am not sure how you fitted those ships, and which implants you took, as most of the stats you show there are actually clearly higher by base on the r11 ship.

additionally, you are comparing a lately added golden ship which is considered one of the few meta ships in comparison to a very norm r11, of which, and now hold on grandpa, both have almost the same low rank buffs in r15+, because r9 and below do not get more than a r10 (according to the table we had in the past, and the time we had actual icons for it).

low rank buffs were nerfed. they seem to work just fine now.

the game is still ruled by high rank ships, and still broken by badly balanced mechanics.

On 8/11/2018 at 2:53 PM, GatoGrande said:

Do not forget that first explanation for bonuses that lower rank ships have was that new player will be protected and will not be farmed…

as far as i know, that was only once said as a bullet point in a forum post, but it makes no sense, and anyone who has some grasp of game design or logic sees that this is not the primary idea.

it was very clear, that it aimed to actually also allow them to put veterans who take low rank ships still into the high tier games, so that they cannot farm low tiers, and try to create a more “skill based” queue system, instead of a ship strength based one.

of course they don’t write that, because they always presented their stuff, like it’s some meeting in a big company, with shareholders present, instead of game devs who talk to players who more or less might even know a lot more about games than they do.

the idea behind it was not bad. the execution lacks cohesion, and should have been at once.

i guess the hope was to make vets stay high tiers through that, and add some carrots with r16 and r17 aswell.

otherwise your other problem seems to be that ships below r7 are in the upper matches, which is a completely different problem, and in a way even a bit contrary, because suddenly you are annoyed by what, that the ship that guy plays in is… too weak?

13 minutes ago, g4borg said:

if you were around back when there were no bonuses, you would know, that a r8 has no chance against a r11, and a r12 has no chance against a r15.

also i am not sure how you fitted those ships, and which implants you took, as most of the stats you show there are actually clearly higher by base on the r11 ship.

additionally, you are comparing a lately added golden ship which is considered one of the few meta ships in comparison to a very norm r11, of which, and now hold on grandpa, both have almost the same low rank buffs in r15+, because r9 and below do not get more than a r10 (according to the table we had in the past, and the time we had actual icons for it).

low rank buffs were nerfed. they seem to work just fine now.

the game is still ruled by high rank ships, and still broken by badly balanced mechanics.

as far as i know, that was only once said as a bullet point in a forum post, but it makes no sense, and anyone who has some grasp of game design or logic sees that this is not the primary idea.

it was very clear, that it aimed to actually also allow them to put veterans who take low rank ships still into the high tier games, so that they cannot farm low tiers, and try to create a more “skill based” queue system, instead of a ship strength based one.

of course they don’t write that, because they always presented their stuff, like it’s some meeting in a big company, with shareholders present, instead of game devs who talk to players who more or less might even know a lot more about games than they do.

the idea behind it was not bad. the execution lacks cohesion, and should have been at once.

i guess the hope was to make vets stay high tiers through that, and add some carrots with r16 and r17 aswell.

otherwise your other problem seems to be that ships below r7 are in the upper matches, which is a completely different problem, and in a way even a bit contrary, because suddenly you are annoyed by what, that the ship that guy plays in is… too weak?

![:lol:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/lol.png “:lol:”) you replayed to my two months old post  ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

there is a specific thread where we players can’t post and it says that we have four tiers now.

So my question was how do I get R5 and R1 ships playing vs my R15+

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

![:lol:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/lol.png “:lol:”) you replayed to my two months old post  ![:yes_yes_yes:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/yes_yes_yes.gif “:yes_yes_yes:”)

yeah. true.

![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, GatoGrande said:

there is a specific thread where we players can’t post and it says that we have four tiers now.

ah, might be better to address that in a specific thread.

anyway, as that low rank ship has not even full synergy in that picture, you are kinda right, that stuff doesnt make sense

i mean, yeah, if i bring my kite-e along, it should be my own responsibility and you can pm me if i am the cause for losing a match. but someone still synergizing his t2 ships should be in that “first tier”.

but still, occasional one player on each side with such stuff does not interest me as much

however, if i get once again a match, where one side seems to have all high rank gunships, and my side comes with 4+ destros and lrfs, i am not sure what the MM is doing.