Interceptors are too strong now...

To any devs reading this, this is what your poor balancing does. This game scenario is standard for me now with the op weapons patch, people that fly slower ships leave or ragequit (understandably) and the ones that dominate on the top with 10+ kills are ALWAYS interceptors. This means that you have a horribly unfair game and a poor gameplay experience for anyone flying against these ships. Look at my tackler setup, I was not able to kill 1 interceptor and trust me its not because I lack the skill. As soon as i exit invis i get DELETED in 2 seconds im not kidding you… and the guy on top didnt even have a maxed weapon. PLS NERF THOSE 2 WEAPONS I WANNA PLAY THE DAMN GAME !

screenshot-180309-153459.jpg.eda36ec8a20bb3e107cbeccf2b8f33df.jpg

27 minutes ago, avarshina said:

… so is it only “swarms” that concern? would it be better to co-work in team-like actions during battles - for real team-play is seen less frequent atm

Swarms, from any classes/roles were always a problem, Frigballs, IntySwarms, FighterSpams (are call them as you want).

TeamPlay is always a subjective factor. Depending of each player/Ship while Modules/Weapons always have the same mechanics.

25 minutes ago, mutsami said:

You there ! Tell the devs that even a 50% dmg reduction to either of those two weapons wont be enough ! No intie should 100- 0 my 150 EM hull resist fighter in 2 seconds !

So far my solution has been using Energy Converter against them. Deconstructor Cutters pretty much just evaporate instantly after firing once.

SelfTorp+MiG105 Spiral bait is also working.

56 minutes ago, mutsami said:

This is really killing me, I played even some more games, tried tackler with all possible builds, as soon as I pop from invisiblity im dead in 2-3 seconds I specifically modded for EM hull and shield resist. Everyone seems to be flying federation inties with the new weapon and its really really OP. If i pick any slower ships they get easily demolished. This means that literally no one flies any slow ships, I used to be unbeatable with my Ronin setup for beacon matches and now it just gets steamrolled. Also the module that lets them heal is ridiculous, hit run if low > stealth and heal > repeat. Something is also wrong with their survivability, Ive played since 2015-16 and I’ve never remembered inties being this hard to kill. Either that or im flying vs top ace pilots *sarcasm*.

You there ! Tell the devs that even a 50% dmg reduction to either of those two weapons wont be enough ! No intie should 100- 0 my 150 EM hull resist fighter in 2 seconds !

2 seconds means 2 shots. And considering you built your ship with EM resists, while what you lack is kinetic can be a culprit. Also inties were much harder to kill when you could detach steering of the hull from aiming turrets. MUCH harder.

40 minutes ago, niripas said:

2 seconds means 2 shots. And considering you built your ship with EM resists, while what you lack is kinetic can be a culprit. Also inties were much harder to kill when you could detach steering of the hull from aiming turrets. MUCH harder.

I meant the EM weapon kills me in 2 seconds the kinetic one is a lesser offender ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”)

1 hour ago, mutsami said:

screenshot-180309-153459.jpg.eda36ec8a20bb3e107cbeccf2b8f33df.jpg

It look like well balanced MM here.

You would probably need Grumpy Gus on your side. He can turn each game in his favor. 

Edit: After many excruciating hours of testing I found a semi usable counter - Kinetic orelus strafe build with inhibitor swarm… and 168 hull EM resist with crystal plates T_T But also

There is some module that makes these inties transparent and my shots wont do dmg, DEVSSSSSSS WHYYYYYY ?!

1 hour ago, mutsami said:

Edit: After many excruciating hours of testing I found a semi usable counter - Kinetic orelus strafe build with inhibitor swarm… and 168 hull EM resist with crystal plates T_T But also

There is some module that makes these inties transparent and my shots wont do dmg, DEVSSSSSSS WHYYYYYY ?!

You should test some more, Orelius have really good build to kill interceptors

10 hours ago, mutsami said:

You can equip energy converter and aim it at the inty when they start shooting. They’ll either stop shooting (due to quantum defence) or die from insane reflected damage + flying in straight line

Guard is also a decent pick if the map and gamemode allow it.

And ofc if you have good aim and piloting skills just take a fast inty yourself and kill them with shrapnel/laser. Blaster is useless in dogfight (due to slow rotation) so enemy will likely lose

By slow rotation perhaps you meant no rotation?

1 hour ago, xKostyan said:

If you fly any ship other than interceptor against a “front blaster” intie you simply die in 2-3 seconds. A solo intie was never able to take out my mammoth now they do it through all of my heal cooldowns and special module in i kid you not no more than 5 seconds. This is ridiculous and every time I go into battle with 2 or more of the top tier fed ones with that specific gun there are atleast 1-2 people that simply leave. I dont have that much dmg on my top rank gunships with full dps setup, overdrive and 51% crit ffs.

You can achieve more than 35k dps with crits on a front blaster inty

5 hours ago, xKostyan said:

The latest patch gave it some limited turret articulation and a very strong aim assist.

What I find even more annoying than 30k dps intys is the recent increase in 8k range laser gunships…

4 hours ago, Scar6 said:

The latest patch gave it some limited turret articulation and a very strong aim assist.

It has about 5 degree of frontal arc, it does not have a slow rotation, it basicaly does not have it at all and limited by ships rotation

6 hours ago, mutsami said:

If you fly any ship other than interceptor against a “front blaster” intie you simply die in 2-3 seconds. A solo intie was never able to take out my mammoth now they do it through all of my heal cooldowns and special module in i kid you not no more than 5 seconds. This is ridiculous and every time I go into battle with 2 or more of the top tier fed ones with that specific gun there are atleast 1-2 people that simply leave. I dont have that much dmg on my top rank gunships with full dps setup, overdrive and 51% crit ffs.

Sorry as much dps frontal blaster has, killing a mammoth in an interceptor was never a problem 

8 hours ago, mutsami said:

…A solo intie was never able to take out my mammoth now they do it through all of my heal cooldowns and special module in i kid you not no more than 5 seconds. This is ridiculous …

for engineers:

• do strafe build!!!
  • get fast short range maneuvrable missiles and shorten the missile reload
  • learn to hide or to fight from range (c. 3500 to 4000m)
  • or take explosin damage weapons with high slug velosity
  • do not run away, get into good position and fire at them (most will fear and twist off)
  • get good engi build

against inties in general:

• get the ship you feel most comfortable flying in and build it accordingly to purpose!
  • try to team up with good players (even if they won’t) just stay near them and try to do 2 vs 1
  • have some supporting modules (heal:engi, auras:guard/command)

9 hours ago, mutsami said:

Static Barrier 17

Minelayer

On 10.3.2018 at 4:00 PM, xKostyan said:

Sorry as much dps frontal blaster has, killing a mammoth in an interceptor was never a problem 

On 10.3.2018 at 11:29 AM, Scar6 said:

What I find even more annoying than 30k dps intys is the recent increase in 8k range laser gunships…

On 10.3.2018 at 10:54 AM, TheShooter36 said:

You can achieve more than 35k dps with crits on a front blaster inty

My Wazzi wasn’t killed by 30k Frontal blaster so far … I call her ‘Waltzing Mathilda’ though, but she is highly maneuverable in

[edit: happened yesterday in pvp battles against Eugenieus etc. but max 26k damage against my Wazzi]

comparison to other engineer frigates … maybe that’s a reason why ![:dntknw:](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/dntknw.gif “:dntknw:”)

I whishe for doubble reverse speed on my Wazzi, though that would help a lot behind rocks etc…

And I whish for higher straffe for engineer frigates after the engineer-fleet upgrade … like engineer frigates have straffe etc like fighters in their base stats (that every fighter build will top up through implants etc.) - saying frigates have less maneuverability than fighter class but not that bad as now (in standards, premiums, special projects that is, because Wazgot Ellydium engineer has good maneuverability)

On 3/9/2018 at 2:13 PM, SunnySweet said:

You should test some more, Orelius have really good build to kill interceptors

So you abuse other modules/guns to win an abusing interceptor. Good job developers.

36 minutes ago, SnerpDeg said:

So you abuse other modules/guns to win an abusing interceptor.

In some way yes.

You have to use some good combo ship-weapon-modules-crew if you like to win or even sometimes if you wish to survive.

It is just how this game works.

If you can’t find some good combo then copy it from someone good.

Don’t be afraid to ask. Most people will help you.

Also usually helps if you are in CORP it is easier to get good builds.

36 minutes ago, SnerpDeg said:

Good job developers.

Yeh, they are not exactly lucky with balancing new things.

I bet they listen to much to Grumpy Gus.

Beware of _ GG _ he posts almost in all topics here, he rarely says something smart. 

Usually, he is just trying to sabotage all regular players here who don’t agree with his and devs way with picking on some unimportant thing or comment.

It is kind of sad. There is this huge potential variety of ship builds, a massive amount of modules and weapons… And yet? Only a handful of completely over the top and annoying to fight meta builds seem to be around due to only a handful of modules/weapons being utterly broken.

We still have the wiggle Taikin with autoaim weapons, we have the 8k range Focusing Laser Orelus and we obviously have the uber dps Front Blaster dipsht. It feels like 90% of the effective builds are one of these, which can make pvp very frustrating, since none of them have an effecive counter (that doesnt cripple you vs everything else).