Developer Blog from July 4: Premium ships rework continues

Meh, I really don’t like it. I paid a lot to get those things only because it was the only way to get them. 

If I knew that one day they’d be available for free, I wouldn’t have spent my money on it. And those who paid don’t even have the special ability that comes with it.

1 hour ago, hoppytoadbob said:

So am I !!! I looked forward to when I could buy the mauler, only to be disappointed at how Wimpy it is , My Phoenix does better in open space . I’d like to see attack and guard drones available for the mauler , maybe a Warp gate to run away easier .

What?Do you even know what that thing is capable of?!And for running away you have the reverse thruster so that thing is worth its money every cent.

1 hour ago, hoppytoadbob said:

So am I !!! I looked forward to when I could buy the mauler, only to be disappointed at how Wimpy it is , My Phoenix does better in open space . I’d like to see attack and guard drones available for the mauler , maybe a Warp gate to run away easier .

Technically Mauler already has War"gate" as reverse thruster, and drones can be crafted and equipped on a Mauler as well.

Park a Palom with pulsating shield to a beacon and no enemy will capture it. ![:)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/001j.png “:)”) 

Thing are going crazy and i like it xD 

Pls do the blood tormentor next! Rakza for sure will be happy about it as well ![;)](<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/002.png “;)”)

11 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

@Liberty: I don’t think, that you understand how BUYING work.
Or do you Q.Q at a car dealer, that the car d cost 20,000 with no extras but the same car with extras 30,000? You get what you buy. Not more, not less.

Not even. It’s more like QQing at a car dealer because the SUVs they offer cost $20,000, but the trunk has a huge box that takes up almost all the room, unless you spend $100,000 on a Car Dealer Lottery Rewards System tm to get a fair chance at unlocking said box to get full access to the entire car.

No. They are extras.

You can use the ship with or without them.

1 hour ago, Lord_Xenon said:

No. They are extras.

Not sure about the weapon sabotage but the rest of the stuff can be bought with credits and upgraded via the classical way,now all that you have to do is to get that ship itself,tomorrow it will all begin.

1 hour ago, Lord_Xenon said:

No. They are extras.

Ok, if you say so then it’s true, we paid for a ship without extra. But we also paid for something exclusive, something that you can’t have without paying.

It’s exactly the same thing as when the crew system used to cost 2k gs. Even if we got what we paid for, at the begening it wasn’t available for free. At least give some sort of compensation for those who paid with real money things that can now be acquired for free. 

Imagine you bough a super car for 1M dollard. Cool stuff, it’s a special edition, you can’t have it unless you are a real fan of the car seller.

But then, they choose to make it available for everyone and for much cheaper. What’s your feeling ?

Of course, you feel betrayed.

The same of every time limited exclusiveness: I enjoyed it.

Does it even state it’s ‘exclusiv’?

9 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

The same of every time limitied exclusiveness: I enjoyed it.

They never said it was time limited. What the DLC say clearly is “unique”, not time limited exclusivity. They aren’t unique anymore, or else every single ship in the game is unique. So they lied. 

You can’t sell something and later say “Sorry, we decided to make it limited exclusiveness”. 

Because then it is false advertising. And it’s punishable by law.

12 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

First we introduced new Premiums, then reworked the old ones. The whole plan is to rework every ship, including non-Premium ones, to add more customization options, new exclusive features.

The plan is cool, so we can have more things to do but premium ship with modules that Secret Project ship dont have make the SP ships useless, because i heal better in a Brokk than in a Octopus.

22 hours ago, CinnamonFake said:

First we introduced new Premiums, then reworked the old ones. The whole plan is to rework every ship, including non-Premium ones, to add more customization options, new exclusive features.

I will be watching very closely for what you do to the Hercules Arrow.

Can you post a link in which they say ‘unique owning’ swifter?

15 minutes ago, Lord_Xenon said:

Can you post a link in which they say ‘unique owning’ swifter?

The store.

Unique is associated to every single ship they sell in the store. 

18 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

No. They are extras.

As is extra trunk space in an SUV. One is capable of driving without several times the trunk capacity of a normal car, even if said car is twice as big as the ones it’s being compared to.

I didn’t found what you are referring to. None of the DLC say you get a ship that is only available with this DLC.

On 6.7.2016 at 0:07 PM, CinnamonFake said:

I’m not sure if this is good.

At least one downside: We need then a way bigger warehouse. As the current space is barely enough for the current modules. If you now add at least in average 1.5 modules/weapons per EACH ship, we go over 400! more needed space.

One ask: Will they be totally unique special modules or will they at least share within their class the same secondary special module? Like for example the arc-overdrive for gunships, the aggro-shield for guards etc.?

14 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

We need then a way bigger warehouse.

it’s also in our nearest plans.

14 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

One ask: Will they be totally unique special modules or will they at least share within their class the same secondary special module? Like for example the arc-overdrive for gunships, the aggro-shield for guards etc.?

We wanted to create exclusive abilities for every ship, to make them more unique. We’re not going to mix ship roles and classes at the moment.

Are you planning to make all those modules unique to each ship, or will some of the module concepts be used by atleast one ship per some rank range? Either way, a whole lot of things to mix up gameplay, confuse newbies, and cause balancing trouble, but a boon to the game if well executed.

By the way… Is that +900 resistances from Karud Shield Seal perhaps a bit too much? Maybe drop to +300 or something and make it prevent shield regeneration for its duration.