Developer Blog entry from October, 10th. Update 0.9.8.

Questions about premium modules:

“Modules will remain with the players, as their combat characteristics are identical to Mk.3 and Mk.4 (if improved) versions, but they won’t be available in the story any more.”

1. Does this mean, that after this change, Premium modules cannot be directly purchased anymore?

2. If in new system, one uses GS to modify Mk2 to MK3, it doesn’t count as “unique Mk3” that has Synergy boost?

1. Yes.

2. No, it doesn’t count.

So no patch today ?

And just to confirm - 4 man squads are still not possible as you say this allows you to look into the possibility of bringing them back ?

yes, we would like to test things out a bit more.

The comeback is possible, but this is a very difficult situation. We would like our players to be able to fly with more friends, but this should not tilt the balance in matches too much, as it was before.

The upgrade system for modules sounds interesting, waiting yet another week for a fix to the aiming indicator ir a joke though.

The upgrade system for modules sounds interesting, waiting yet another week for a fix to the aiming indicator ir a joke though.

Aim was fixed, already - we have installed hotfix today.

In connection with the information above, the trophy system is also going to change. Now instead of a module, players will be looking for upgrade kits — a Mk. 2 kit is automatically sent to the warehouse, and a Mk. 4 set can be disassembled into artifacts, if it does not suit you.

Thanks Antibus for the answers and this entry. Definitely interesting stuff!

One more question about the above quoted thing: according to the above description, it sounds like player would have to make the decision of disassembling the artifact immediately there when he/she is looting it (like currently player has to decide if he wants to increase the odds). Can the player also disassemble MK4 items in hangar later after the loot (or maybe even after using the module)?

If disassembling MK4 modules in hangar is not possible, it would stress the player in the loot screen when he has to make that decision, as he has to remember all his modules and ships (and plans of buying ships), to know if he would need such module or rather disassemble it, without seeing his hangar and being able to compare, check if he has that module already and to plan ahead…

Loyalty change, allowing us to buy the blues we want - best change ever. Great idea. Also like the crafting!

It would be a good thing to disassemble old experimentals too! I’m sure a lot of people have a bunch of doubles or crappy ones they don’t need.

Aim was fixed, already - we have installed hotfix today.

Ah right - My appologies then Antibus. Thank you very much :salute:

Can the player also disassemble MK4 items in hangar later after the loot (or maybe even after using the module)?

It would be a good thing to disassemble old experimentals too! I’m sure a lot of people have a bunch of doubles or crappy ones they don’t need.

Yes, you can disassemble the trophies (and old loot) even in your warehouse, after you looted them.

Nice. Can’t wait for the patch. Still upset 4 man squads still aren’t back in, and we will have to see how this loyalty change will work.

Oh this is just great. Can’t wait for the patch.

The comeback is possible, but this is a very difficult situation. We would like our players to be able to fly with more friends, but this should not tilt the balance in matches too much, as it was before.

Sorry I dont get the meaning.

Is this a yes or no to 4-man-squads next patch?

It is a no I believe.

They just implemented something that, if it works correctly, might make it possible to re-introduce 4 man squads without breaking the system like before.

As I understand they are still thinking about it in general. Definitely not with this patch. We are just getting a (yet again) revamped MM system, first this must be tested how it works.

Yeah it is a no. They changed MM, and if it works as they planned then they will bring 4 man squads back. Otherwise we are stuck with the 3 mans.

ANTIBUS! You gain…

+1 for 4 Man Squads (Now we can actually get tourneys running)

+1 upgrading and getting modules 

+1 for a new contract and loyalty system

+1 New HUD system (Looks amazing)

+1 For the Implants (it was odd not being able to choose, cause before it added unnecessary grind)

1. Not sure if this has been answered, but If I bought a premium weapon now, it will just to turn into a MK4 weapon with a bit of synergy gain before the patch?

1. Did you plan on also reducing the prices of the GS to Free Synergy Ratio?

There are many players that I know which have over 1 million synergy to convert but are waiting in reduced prices before even spending there GS. I mean, it CANT hurt to reduce them but incite people, even me, to get more GS, but I’m not spending the equivalent of $20 to do that. Nobody would. maybe 5 or 7 dollars, as thats pocket change for some, but never 20 or more.

1. Also, as I saw in the module post, is it possible to upgrade every module eventually to MK4 (experimental)?

1. Will MK4 Modules be lootable or has that been removed?

Sorry for the questions, but please answer.

I like what I see so far, I cant wait for it!  :yes_yes:

oooh yes. thank you alot!

Only thing I do not like is the devaluation of existing Military loot, because it was actually above Mk2, and you could not buy it.

Everything else: this sounds incredible. Well, at least if the loyality thing does not mean even longer grinding times than before.

lol now i see… no pach before next tuesday so its been 3 weeks with a semi broken game good job…in a nother week ill be totaly consumed by airmech… to littel to late. jokes are on you, im outa here

1. Not sure if this has been answered, but If I bought a premium weapon now, it will just to turn into a MK4 weapon with a bit of synergy gain before the patch?

2. Did you plan on also reducing the prices of the GS to Free Synergy Ratio?

There are many players that I know which have over 1 million synergy to convert but are waiting in reduced prices before even spending there GS. I mean, it CANT hurt to reduce them but incite people, even me, to get more GS, but I’m not spending the equivalent of $20 to do that. Nobody would. maybe 5 or 7 dollars, as thats pocket change for some, but never 20 or more.

1. Also, as I saw in the module post, is it possible to upgrade every module eventually to MK4 (experimental)?

2. Will MK4 Modules be lootable or has that been removed?

Sorry for the questions, but please answer.

I like what I see so far, I cant wait for it!  :yes_yes:

1. It was in the blog. Your premium weapons and modules will turn into Mk.3 (as they are pretty much the same in their charateristics), but with a unique property - it will generate more synergy if used in battle. Moreover if you choose to modify this unique Mk. 3 to Mk. 4 this new equipment will retain this property.

2. Not at the moment, no.

3. Yes, it is possible to modify everything to Mk.4.

4. Yes, they were removed - now you will loot special upgrade kits.

lol now i see… no pach before next tuesday so its been 3 weeks with a semi broken game good job…in a nother week ill be totaly consumed by airmech… to littel to late. jokes are on you, im outa here

If you are referring to aim, it was hotfixed today.