Developer Blog entry from April 16th. New mode, TDM and updated Fan-kit!

For all of those that can’t remember what maps are what

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0fHnziUXhaqcWRFMF8zYTh2WW8&usp=sharing

And i voted for Ancient Ruins, because it has healthy size to utilize all types of ship, it has good mix of cover and open space and it is relatively equally balanced for both sides.

Half of the maps that are in the list favorite one team or another in different game modes.

Alot of newer pilots just getting into T2s really hate that northen mining station map (If its the one I recall correctly).  The bases are way spread out and most of the new guys are in frigs and don’t know much about warp gates (the WG to the middle still leave you pretty far out from the beacons and WG to the other bases, in the middle).  Maybe if the warp gates were huge (Like in the 2nd part of the *Impossible* pirate base mission where the freighter jumps through) it would help with getting peeps where they need to be.  Just a thought. 

Can’t wait for the new gamemode btw!  Looks like it is going to be fun.  Glad that there is going to be a “safe zone” for players so you aren’t always paranoid about somebody’s ship pointing at you. 

Also, since there are 3 factions, what if there were some games have 3 teams instead of 2?  Would make for some interesting Combat recon scenerios.  Most of the maps would be incompatible as they are ment for 2 teams, but that Northern Mining station map sure would be big enough for teams of 3 (starting in each station).  It could become a “defend your” base kind-of map. 

Oh, and this is my first post to the forum! :slight_smile:

-AceJenkins

Yeah, northern mining station is terrible for T2, it is not only frigs having problem - all ships have energy problems, so it takes awhile for everyone to get to the Beacons.

New players spend more time outside of the action - travel time -> action -> dead - > respawn timer -> travel time

And god save you from flying Jericho Guard on that map

For the people that have some difficulties to name the maps :

http://star-conflict.com/en/game/sectors/1

http://star-conflict.com/en/game/sectors/2

That can help :slight_smile:

Thanks, only limited as you see not the map itself and not all maps are listed.

For all of those that can’t remember what maps are what

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0fHnziUXhaqcWRFMF8zYTh2WW8&usp=sharing

And i voted for Ancient Ruins, because it has healthy size to utilize all types of ship, it has good mix of cover and open space and it is relatively equally balanced for both sides.

Half of the maps that are in the list favorite one team or another in different game modes.

Nice screenshots but looking at the tactical map I still sometimes don’t know what map it is even less the name. Maybe you could add the name of the map in the Screenshot?

Thanks, only limited as you see not the map itself and not all maps are listed.

Nice screenshots but looking at the tactical map I still sometimes don’t know what map it is even less the name. Maybe you could add the name of the map in the Screenshot?

Damn, my bad, i forgot that i have actual names in “edited” versions, btw you could see name-map here 

http://www.fgjmusic.net/nasa/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=586

ill add map names in a few Done

And god save you from flying Jericho Guard on that map

On all the map. Not only this one.

Ancient Ruins Needs Tweaking

http://i.imgur.com/kLDyr7z.jpg

1. Isolated platforms on the sides of the map (blue A + red C) should be closer to the action so people can use it more

2. back center platform only exist for one side (red B) … there should be a mirror for the other team too. Can be done by stretching existing structure (blue C) further out

I like how it is not asymmetrical but adjustments are needed to improve the travel from platform to platform. In its’ current form traffic is concentrated along the middle with one end of the highway being stronger than the other. Would be nicer if flanking routes on the sides were closer to the middle and had better cover.

Ancient Ruins Needs Tweaking

http://i.imgur.com/kLDyr7z.jpg

1. Isolated platforms on the sides of the map (blue A + red C) should be closer to the action so people can use it more

2. back center platform only exist for one side (red B) … there should be a mirror for the other team too. Can be done by stretching existing structure (blue C) further out

I like how it is not asymmetrical but adjustments are needed to improve the travel from platform to platform. In its’ current form traffic is concentrated along the middle with one end of the highway being stronger than the other. Would be nicer if flanking routes on the sides were closer to the middle and had better cover.

If you move Red beacon like this, you will eliminate any chances for Red team to win whatsoever, you increase distances between beacons, making it much harder to defend, north travel route for read team is “open space” and easily blocked by cover fire from blue team, while blue inties easily cap C bacon.

You are stretching red frontline way too much with this move over the map, while blue is getting much easier way to defend beacon pairs (center and side) from both flanks, especially that pushing through center becoming much-much harder.

those red and blue beacons were from the original image. i dont care about the beacons. too lazy to edit them out of the image.

i was referring to the terrain and cover objects only. in TDM … there are no beacons.

and in domination or beacon hunt … there are only those 3 neutral beacons across the center. 

those red and blue beacons were from the original image. i dont care about the beacons. too lazy to edit them out of the image.

i was referring to the terrain and cover objects only. in TDM … there are no beacons.

and in domination or beacon hunt … there are only those 3 neutral beacons across the center. 

i look at every map from Capture the Beacon balance standpoint, balance for all other game modes is pretty much irrelevant due to the nature of those game modes and how they played. 

You are correct. Beacon placement will need to be done again for realistic mode when terrain gets moved around obviously. Like I said, the source image had those beacon already marked in. Too lazy to edit them out. I didn’t put them there nor do I think it is in the ideal locations.

The new track is very good.

warpgates

There are only two PvP maps with warp gates placed across the map: Iridium Strand and Abandoned Outpost. Judging from your description (warp gates in the middle that are relatively distant from each capture point), it’s probably Abandoned Outpost.

dreadnaught debris is not in the poll?

best map for me

I see the difficulty in some maps having features some newer players have yet to adjust to. Although to some extent it seems the difficulty level of map is apparent, giving maps an assigned skill/difficulty level and changing game mode/objective accordingly could help tailor the need for any changes to maps. The challenges for a T1-2 player on one map are not the same for T3 or higher.

Btw: Nice to see you back Kine :slight_smile: