A Guide to Resistances

Added J1 vs F1 comparison into 2d post (under spoiler)

Excellent comprehensive guide - very interesting for a new player, and I really appreciate seeing this - helped me decide on crew talent / skills for t1 and t2 (choosing shield/hull resistance instead of a flat increase in hull or shield numbers, which might scale better at a higher tier)

Sorry,i know this is old topic, but just a quick question, is it better to have a regen mod or would the resistance mod offset it? And what would say the resistance value effective upto? Is their any need for going above 50% or even 35% since any increase above this requires a lot more points invested in?

The points from 0% resistance → 50% resistance give you the same benefit as the way from 50% resistance → 75% resistance.
You invest in both cases the same amount of points AND get the same benefit.
Regen mod vs. resistance is a different approach as you need to evaluate your investment.
For inty mildly useful it’s more or less a waste on frigates+.
Resistance is in most cases the king.

1 hour ago, APSingh said:

Sorry,i know this is old topic, but just a quick question, is it better to have a regen mod or would the resistance mod offset it? And what would say the resistance value effective upto? Is their any need for going above 50% or even 35% since any increase above this requires a lot more points invested in?

Lots of health = Better take resist mod. 

Lots of resistance = Go for heal mod. 

Actually it’s a bit better to stack resistances (+ survival kit) because there is something called engi.

3 hours ago, Lord_Xenon said:

The points from 0% resistance → 50% resistance give you the same benefit as the way from 50% resistance → 75% resistance.
You invest in both cases the same amount of points AND get the same benefit.
Regen mod vs. resistance is a different approach as you need to evaluate your investment.
For inty mildly useful it’s more or less a waste on frigates+.
Resistance is in most cases the king.

2 hours ago, Swifter43021 said:

Lots of health = Better take resist mod. 

Lots of resistance = Go for heal mod. 

Actually it’s a bit better to stack resistances (+ survival kit) because there is something called engi.

Alright! Thanks! That cleared the air! Got to remod again

I thought this was straightforward enough to understand. Why don’t you get a job instead of doing this with your free time?

22 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NA said:

I thought this was straightforward enough to understand. Why don’t you get a job instead of doing this with your free time?

You are welcome