Deelena

Paper Conflict

9cf9f157baf9a4c17ba82b804a36.jpg

The light from the hangar filled a small cosy laboratory, in which, stuck in a handheld dashboard, a middle-aged man sat. The cool coffee with dirty traces on the mug made it clear to everyone who could notice the man that he has been sitting idly for several hours.

- Yes! Done! Ha, perfect! - the man almost yelled - All that remains is to wait until the rendering process is over and that's it!

The screen shows the atmosphere of chaos. The one in which he created this chaos, accurately conveying his surroundings. Every corner of the room on the screen was familiar to him, and exactly conveyed the room in which he himself was. 

“Yes, even in our time the tech should be allowed to think. It seems that we will never achieve the ideal.” - said the man twisting the sketches into strange origami. 

Once a second, the frame on the screen changed, increasingly illuminating the chaos and showing the creator the result. After a few minutes of waiting, the man's room in the smallest detail was available to anyone who wanted to immerse themselves in it. 

“Finally!” - after launching the folded plane from the sketches, the man reached for the helmet, allowing him to fully immerse himself in the created simulation, but his eyes caught the paper plane soaring in the air and circling each element of the created mess.

“Wait a minute...” said the man, frozen. After laying down his helmet, he sat down again at his panel.

A couple of hours later, there was a whole mountain of paper planes around him. He sat in a helmet, and the screen was still showing the same mess, between which, overcoming strange obstacles, floating like a real one, was a paper interceptor.

So you're seriously suggesting that we train people in the simulation that your simulation created?

If I was able to create myself so precise that I wanted to create another self, then why are you afraid of it? Admit it, it's quite humane! Simulations with paper interceptors look much safer than the actual combat conditions for which we train pilots.
- In general, you're right. Or I am. I'm confused. So, let's try.

Well this april's fools will be an interesting one

Oh my god it's actually real. Side note: that reflection in the balloon looks awfully suspicious.

On closer inspection the reflection appears to be a Singularity. Okay we can take our tin foil hats off again.

For now.

Edited by TheDerpNukem
Brain had a bruh moment

1st brain cell: new brawl. Paper plane wars.
2nd brain cell: the background image was just some random room.
3rd brain cell: Scylla? Phy'ga? Some.. something? doesnt look like a singularity to me...             ...smoke trails? no...

4th brain cell: test drive mode changes for april fools?

5th brain cell: h

Not sure what to think about this.

I just hope we get to keep our paper planes.

Would you look at that, a Paper Plane DLC lol :D

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Would you look at that, a Paper Plane DLC lol :D

Only 30 USD!

the reflection of the balloon looks like an alien ship the new Elydium ??? :3 ?

whatever it is just avoid some thing simillar to the crab beach fest or what

ever it was that made my gun(s) look like a crab leg without the option to remove it 

Interesting.

The image of the paper vessel is based on an actual item available today.

Its an RC kit you attach to a paper airplane that then allows you to fly what you build by remote control.

(I do R&D work RL, so Im pretty much up on the current way things are progressing in that area)

I found the story a bit amusing only because we already have two different simulators ingame.   Coop vs AI and Custom Battles.

I just hope development time hasnt been spent making yet another simulator when it could have been focused elsewhere.

Then again..... April is coming up....  God I hate those crab claws.   So annoying in the hangar.

I sure hope to miss the crab claws, geese wings are the excrement these days xD

3 hours ago, matoudu13009 said:

small proposal xD instead of crab claws  add  dancing women x)

That would honestly be hilarious