BruTosGali

Why is the game in bad shape

10 hours ago, BruTosGali said:

It is still less then once per day. And Im stiil waiting for those videos. :)

looks like I have to make a new one - I removed most of them during my last space saving event :/ 

I uploaded a guard video some time ago, though

Spoiler

I did take a look at those stats - and my statement still stands. From random PvP, VsAI and Brawls - VsAI is the most popular mode. Recently it is changing - the trend for playing skirmish PvP is on the rise due to Ze'ta mission. 

So it is not just math and facts. It is a little bit of math,logic and personal expirience from this and other games,all combined to give the (meta) answer to the topic question:Why is this game in bad shape. It can be broken down to one thing. Its some sort of careless attitude towards the basis of the game and that is PvP, that drove many players away. 

You mean skirmish PvP or any PvP mode here? Also - if you don't mind "Careless attitude towards the basis of the game" sounds nice, but doesn't explain much. Would you mind being a little more specific? If you think there is a room for improvement in specific areas - name them, please. If you just want to rant, then please say so and I let you be and leave this thread.

@niripas , I do the VS AI mode daily [at least I try to if will open daily the game] once and for the purple bonus only. To be very clear, I have not seen ANY of the top pvp players more than once a week. Of course one may claim that the time I do mine is different from their, but lol the player base is so low that I would have run on them more frequently. In your opinion this is not the case, lets agree to disagree but to me is more than enough what I see with my own eyes. Additionally, you your self aint that active as you used, trust me on this I know. Back to the top pvp players, just to complete this part of my post, because I do a lot of pvp daily [and again if I do open the game daily - try to] I know very well which are these players. One of them is john161 that has a different in-game name. I'm naming just 1 player as he is present [at the forum], and haven't seen him in VS AI. Not sure whether it is coicidential but since he's here may as well reply on this.

3 times so far I have posted in this thread that the subject in hand [VS AI] isn't the thread's topic and yet we continue to discuss this taking the whole thing elsewhere. May we get back to the OP's spirit and talk about the true subject !

On 12/4/2019 at 10:28 AM, niripas said:

looks like I have to make a new one - I removed most of them during my last space saving event :/ 

I uploaded a guard video some time ago, though

Reveal hidden contents

I did take a look at those stats - and my statement still stands. From random PvP, VsAI and Brawls - VsAI is the most popular mode. Recently it is changing - the trend for playing skirmish PvP is on the rise due to Ze'ta mission. 

You mean skirmish PvP or any PvP mode here? Also - if you don't mind "Careless attitude towards the basis of the game" sounds nice, but doesn't explain much. Would you mind being a little more specific? If you think there is a room for improvement in specific areas - name them, please. If you just want to rant, then please say so and I let you be and leave this thread.

Well , alow me to retort....I mean PvP in general, all PvP mods. There are 5 PvP mods, none of them is skirmish PvP. Thats doesnt exist. In strict game terms Skirmish is PvAI. In general, everything that is not PvP is PvAI (PvE, SpecOPs, adn Skirmish). So 5 PvP mods, 3 PvAI, with Skirmish being the last implemented. So, PvP is the basis.

This thread is part of Suggestions/Miscellaneous, so not to much specifics, some may say. But, there are specific topic in this Suggestion part of forum, you can read it many players gave their suggestions, and lots of discussions )none regarding PvAI ,like ther is something that needs to be discussed)).

If you read my rantlike posts carefully, you would find two specific suggestios that would improve the game. First, is to make a counter for online players searching for matches. Second is to remove the bots from PvP. Those are not ne suggestions, some already suggested the same in specific part of forum. And nothing was done about that and it was not even answered. Ok, Orca answered finally, that removing the bots isnt considered. Why is that? And how about that counter then?

If we had that counter, we could decide on what and when to play. Also we wouldnt have this discussion. 

I have some more specific miscellaneous suggestions. 

Still, EU players have high ping on RU and US servers, et vice versa. Fix that, it will improve the game.

Put more maps in rotation. It will improve the game.

Some maps are to small to take 4 dessies on each side and to be playable. Fix it, it will improve the game.

Enlarge the player base, it will improve the game. My highly optimistic bet is that there arent more then 1k players. Prove me wrong, it will improve the game.

Return old players that left, it will improve the game.

Stop saying that PvAI is the best and most popular mode cos it aint, and cos it is carelles attitude towards the basis of the game.

Make a thread with the title Why is PvAI the best and popular mode and back it up with SS and videos how to dominate BOTS. It will improve the game.

Now i will retire and form a new corp. I shall name it: "Ranting Vets Corp" (RVC).

We even see aliens in regular pvp now, I thought they were here during Halloween [tasteless addition but lets say some liked the prank], but now I see them all the time. There's that crap gravity alien that pulls players at it, well u cant tell who's who.....Instead off having a nice clean field we put an extra effort to make it worse !

Remove the aliens please, the pvp already suffers as is, no need to make it completely unplayable......unless of course THAT is the point !

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ComWittman said:

We even see aliens in regular pvp now, I thought they were here during Halloween [tasteless addition but lets say some liked the prank], but now I see them all the time. There's that crap gravity alien that pulls players at it, well u cant tell who's who.....Instead off having a nice clean field we put an extra effort to make it worse !

Remove the aliens please, the pvp already suffers as is, no need to make it completely unplayable......unless of course THAT is the point !

That is called polluting PvP with PvAI elements. Careless attitude towards the basis of the game. Please,please stop doing that, it will improve the game. At least, let us,small fraction that play unpopular PvP modes,enjoy that part of the game.

13 hours ago, BruTosGali said:

That is called polluting PvP with PvAI elements. Careless attitude towards the basis of the game. Please,please stop doing that, it will improve the game. At least, let us,small fraction that play unpopular PvP modes,enjoy that part of the game.

Perhaps, since I see the pvp is not considered a priority [2 GMs already stated that regardless the indirect way] implementing the moronic Aliens aims at driving players completely off pvp. If that is not the case, then prove me wrong by removing this horrid addition !

The alien bots invading pvp was an interesting feature at first, few years ago, but with bot players and extra bot aliens, it's probably too much of the bot thingies at once. Hopefully that wont last long.

On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 6:45 PM, ORCA1911 said:

The alien bots invading pvp was an interesting feature at first, few years ago, but with bot players and extra bot aliens, it's probably too much of the bot thingies at once. Hopefully that wont last long.

Amen brother !

But the whole thing isn't just about more ai with ai but the way the aliens [ai] behave. They hit hard, or hard enough to cause dmg to already severely damaged players not to mention interrupt some buffs. The utterly horrid stunt is the gravity they throw, pulling friendlies and enemies together forming a ball that one cant tell who is who. Don't they get it that we already have a lot and I mean really a LOT of crap controlling effects and now this ? Perhaps its what I already said, a serious attempt for everyone to drop out from pvp completely. For once more, if that is not the case, please by all means prove me wrong !

Edit: REMOVE the damn HOT-JOIN, no more patience to join games at the end just to get the credit of a loss !

So...with the latest patch now we have a new candidate for The worst game mode in SC- The beetle in the anthil. I mean really.

Seed chips...aside from being broken, also unwanted, not improving the game. New grind...easier than previous,but lesser rewards. New ships...meeeeh.

Suggestion: run a poll before anything you do and do one after. Maybe it wont improve the game but it surely wont make it worse than it already is. And with this patch you made it worse.