TheDarkRedFox

Incorrect client version still works

Recommended Posts

Error report
Describe problem and what you saw Game allowed me to launch the game and manage ships while using an old game client.
What you expected to see I expected to be locked out of the game until my client finished updating.
Conditions in which error reproduce This update and the previous one. (not sure of exact builds because your numbering system is caca.)
Problem details The game allowed to me to launch in to the hangar, manage ships, modules, items, etc, and launch in to battle while using an old client. In previous versions my client would have said "please update your game" or something similar and not let me in to the game. After I was launched in to battle, I got a connection error and my ships were trapped in battle and I was unable to return to battle because THERE ISN'T A PERMANENT RE-JOIN BATTLE BUTTON.
Frequency of reproduction always
Time of bug  

 

logs.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Game allowed me to launch the game and manage ships while using an old game client.

Did you use old client version? What is version numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Did you use old client version? What is version numbers?

Used old client version yes. It was the update just before the "a" update. Not sure of numbers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are update and update. First is true update, with change version number. It can't work if old. And, second, is a fixes, and non-fixed version can work.

15 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Not sure of numbers

You can find number in the game window capture and in the game log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

There are update and update. First is true update, with change version number. It can't work if old. And, second, is a fixes, and non-fixed version can work.

You can find number in the game window capture and in the game log.

Unfortunately, I cannot see back in time. However, I did include the game logs from the versions before and after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

I did include the game logs from the versions before and after.

Before: StarConflict 1.6.3a.131787

After: StarConflict 1.6.3a.132034

As you can see, at both case core version is 1.6.3a

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Skula1975 said:

Before: StarConflict 1.6.3a.131787

After: StarConflict 1.6.3a.132034

As you can see, at both case

never mind you are correct. It was 1.6.3a and 1.6.3a#1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.