ORCA1911

Star Conflict 1.6.3 (Discussion)

Okay then

Xenochip requirement for each stage raised to 120. Xenochips storage has been cut down to 200.

Stage 2 seems to last slightly longer than Stage 1, at about 45 days.

That tallies up to an average of around 85-90 xenochip per day, if you don't want any surplus xenochip to carry over to next stage.

1 minute ago, Schwarzschild said:

Xenochip requirement for each stage raised to 120. Xenochips storage has been cut down to 200. 

Yes this is awful.

Stage 2 seems to last slightly longer than Stage 1, at about 45 days. 

Maybe this is compensation for the higher chip cost.

2 minutes ago, Schwarzschild said:

That tallies up to an average of around 85-90 xenochip per day, if you don't want any surplus xenochip to carry over to next stage. 

You can make about that many just by doing OS missions every day. (or could. Now there are fewer missions available.)

On the other hand.

Zeta new resources, the cortexes, are rewarded only on 14th.

And only gives 5 each.

And guess how many is needed for research? At least 7.

Ppl who want to gain access to these new stuff, either have to trade for it, or have to pray that similar rewards will be offered in Stage 3, which would be at least 1 and 1/2 months from now.

And on a side note. The zeta new resources pack is only obtainable by purchasing the pass. If you don't have the pass, yet want these resources, good luck trading. I expect prices to skyrocket.

On the other hand.

Zeta new resources, the cortexes, are rewarded only on 14th.

And only gives 5 each.

And guess how many is needed for research? At least 7.

Ppl who want to gain access to these new stuff, either have to trade for it, or have to pray that similar rewards will be offered in Stage 3, which would be at least 1 and 1/2 months from now.

And on a side note. The zeta new resources pack is only obtainable by purchasing the pass. If you don't have the pass, yet want these resources, good luck trading. I expect prices to skyrocket.

This too is all awful. XD

The Ze'Ta is a mess that only the richest can afford.

2 minutes ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

You can make about that many just by doing OS missions every day. (or could. Now there are fewer missions available.)

Yes.

Though it would take double the effort compared to Stage 1 if you want at least 1 reward per day.

Currently the xenochip gain is still at 24-21-18-15-12-9-8-6-5-4-3-2-2-2-1 and stays at 1.

During Stage 1, to get the 100 xenochips per stage, need to finish 6 OS missions.

For Stage 2, however, 120 xenochip need 10 OS missions.

10 is not a lot larger than 6, but factor in the OS Mission refresh time, it gets considerably more taxing.

But then again, one could just get the 100 chips and call it a day :) 

What I speculate to be in Stage 3:

- 150 xenochips per rank. Admit it, we all see this coming, sooner or later.

- Most rewards would still be the usual paints/portraits/stickers/bonuses. I expect that they would keep to the current Halloween-ish theme. After all, the event at this rate might last until/beyond that point. (Stage 2 finishes at around mid-Sept, and Stage 3 would take around 60 days judging by the trend.)

- Custodian part would still be at the end of the stage. This is, by far, the most effort I've put into getting a free ship. Then again, it is a new Jericho Guard, I am not complaining :)

- Zeta cortexes bundle, 5 each, at perhaps 2 non-pass rewards. It just doesn't make sense to lock Zeta ranking-up resources behind BOTH moonpass AND trading. Pick one, not both.

- Perhaps more pirate weapon/module packs. We've seen weapons for each large category (inty, frigs, fighters); we've seen secondaries for certain specific ship types (command/engi/destroyers, etc).

We might see pirate weapons for specific ship types (maybe pirate Phaser or pirate Breach Laser. Please have Breach laser)

I wouldn't put much hope into pirate modules, since we already have several obtainable ones.

If they could give a secondary effect on "Anti-Missile Shield" that would be great.

Like "Grant X Shield Points per missile stopped (up to Y Times)" / "Increase Resistance by X per Missiles stopped (But not more than Y Resistance Points) for "Z" seconds"

From the last patches, Anti-Missile Shield and Liquid Metal Injector were buffed, they are the only Guard's modules without Secondary effects that would explain the lack of Popularity.

12 hours ago, Schwarzschild said:

Yes.

Though it would take double the effort compared to Stage 1 if you want at least 1 reward per day.

Currently the xenochip gain is still at 24-21-18-15-12-9-8-6-5-4-3-2-2-2-1 and stays at 1.

During Stage 1, to get the 100 xenochips per stage, need to finish 6 OS missions.

For Stage 2, however, 120 xenochip need 10 OS missions.

10 is not a lot larger than 6, but factor in the OS Mission refresh time, it gets considerably more taxing.

6 OS, 3 regular, 1 xeno/mono. Or you can wait till the rollover and do 12  OS missions in one go. 

Last Man Standing changes:

Now one more stable phase (1350m) for 80sec, previous phases do collapse faster. Also picking up any buff will make you shortly visible on radar (so no perma cloak Singularity if it wats to collect buffs)

+---------+------------------------------+------------------------------+
|         | old                          | new                          |
+---------+------------------------------+------------------------------+
|         | duration | size   | zone dmg | duration | size   | zone dmg |
+---------+----------+--------+----------+----------+--------+----------+
| phase 1 | 50s      | 22000m | 0.01     | 40       | 22000m | 0.01     |
| phase 2 | 50s      | 10000m | 0.05     | 35       | 10000m | 0.05     |
| phase 3 | 50s      | 5000m  | 0.2      | 30       | 4000m  | 0.17     |
| phase 4 | -        | -      |          | 80       | 1350m  | 0.25     |

Ship repair and restoration

• Duplicators are no longer used. They can be sold from storage for credits
  • In PvE missions and special operations, ship recovery is automatic. Recovery is available a limited number of times:
    • In PvE — 5 attempts
    • In the special operations — 2 attempts
    • You cannot increase the number of attempts
  • In Open Space, the ship can be recovered with credits
  • Revised repair cost

Okay, this was unnecessary, by a bit of a long-shot. I’d rather use my duplicators rather have my credits drained. Thank you!

Crystallid Swarm — Turret Mode

• Reduced projectile flight and turn speed by 20%.

Um, why… ? I was thinking it could use a bit of a buff…

Removed unnecessary information:

• Damage summary is minimized by default
  • Game messages no longer showing
  • The gained experience is not shown
  • Battle log is not shown
  • Game mode information is no longer displayed

So… what if some of this information was necessary to someone? Not that big of a deal really, but still.

Crystallid swarm turret mode in Conquest was virtually guaranteed damage, with autoaim and inbuilt personal 6km vision range unaffected by the debuff. It deserved a nerf (or mechanics change).

Speaking of Zeta in conquest: who came up with the horrible idea of adding a quest for that? We already had way too many useless lowbies on destroyers (and LRFs) just farming drones in conquest. No need to further encourage that.

Bonus points for the alternative quest of killing aliens in Abandoned Complex not working at all: You don't get credit for the kills, even when doing the killing blow.

Why is this fantastic forum always truncating my posts?

* Updating does not delete all sales announcements

That didn't work either, but made me chuckle. Good job.

Post a bug report when you can so it can be fixed asap.

Nice now nobody will revive ships in PvE any more.

10/10 change.

Maybe allow us to use up our remaining duplicators without spending credits, and just not allow us to get any more.

Other changes seem minor and ok.

Edit: the Balanced Swarm no longer requires neurons to get. So players might actually be able to progress in their zeta now.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Nice now nobody will revive ships in PvE any more.

10/10 change.

Maybe allow us to use up our remaining duplicators without spending credits, and just not allow us to get any more.

Other changes seem minor and ok.

Edit: the Balanced Swarm no longer requires neurons to get. So players might actually be able to progress in their zeta now.

And in OS

Singularity repair is currently 54k but if you want to revive in OS you need to pay 100k.

It's absurd.

Also, duplicators sell for 500 credits. This is laughable.

It should be fixed soon, its a bit too much.

Corporate iridium donated by pilots is halved.

Donate if you wanna donate 100iri, 200iri will be deducted from your account.

Also the enclave destroyer doesn't spawn. At least not with any regularity.

The frigates also reduce weapon damage by 71% in a super large area, so it's super hard to damage anything.

Really brief notes in wall of text form this time - PvP has me really burnt.

Moon Race

Skins look nice
Anti-destroyer ammo was a horrible idea, we had this kind of stuff before the triple explosive damage issue and it was OP, do you want people to play destroyers at all?
Free premium ship is always appreciated
xeno cap should be put back at 500
Custodian modules and weapons are still unobtainable

Hostile waters
Another example of good on paper bad in practice
The sector is basically one giant PvE mission with amazing resource gain
The wood louse is impossible to kill currently because getting a full wing together requires everyone to have the newest moon pass
Beacons and reputation is beyond confusing, needs explaining
You motherf**kers made a pirate destroyer but not for us, immediate salt

Corp logos

Neat

Balance tweaks

Trojan: wording is confusing but seems okay
Combat reconstructor: useless still, duration is too short and delay is too long
Hunger: Its an overdrive but regen range should be increased to match matter absorber
Dome: This was under-used in public pvp so this is nice
Song of peace: If this is the reduced fire rate thing then this isn't enough , the debuff needs to require line of sight
Zoom: I can see things now
Plasmer: This thing still needs tweaking
Reflected rage: Its okay
Drone booster: Its still a Ace trap. Being within 2km of a permanently visible object for a ship that requires invisibility and furthermore having such an obvious effect that indiciates the host ship is nearby makes this beyond pointless to use still
Supercharger: I like it
Friend or foe: I don't like it
Mobile pulsar: host object is still too easy to kill
Inhib drone: Its okay but this still encourages drone poopers, not much use commenting on it
Reserve gen: appreciate it, but the reduced duration on frontal shield still doesn't help
Mass driver: Mass driver and vulcan both suffer the same issue - sustained DPS with such low base damage is pointless. It needs a straight damage buff.
Multiphase: This is the destroyer one right? If not then nobody uses it and nobody will continue to use it - duration is far too short.

Turbophaser: Tournament exclusive weapon and nobody uses it. Surprise?

White noise: This was beyond needed. Ever since radar suppression just outright disabled your HUD white noise has been arguably over powered because you can't even see who is an ally.
ECM missile: I hate these things. Nerf it harder. Please.
Frontal shield: it still needs to have duration matching vanilla diffusion shield. The whole downside of this module is that it can't block piercing projectiles or protect your rear.

Federation Dessie speed bost: It's not enough. Ze'ta still goes faster by default. Until other destroyers get a secondary warp modifier they will remain irrelevant.
tai'al: It's usable now! Huzzah!

The Grey box of death

I dislike everything about this currently. 

It sits in the middle of your screen, has no stylised design to match the rest of the UI, is bugged with torpedos and in general is too in your face.
Maybe move it to the top middile, give it a design to match taunts and fix the torp issue (I know, I know - you guys know about this already but I'm just putting it here for public awareness)

Lens Flare
It's so obscenely over the top still but I love it

Major warning for those sensitive to seisures and stuff tho, although the rest of the FX in game would have killed you already I guess...

Ze'ta missions

They're currently bugged and need your zeta to be rank 9

They're overly brutal - 10 devils dozen medals is absurd

The 20 pvp victories has been done before and nobody liked it back then either. Change it to participation please, 20 victories is beyond brutal even for the most comitted players.

3 hours ago, TheDerpNukem said:

The Grey box of death

I dislike everything about this currently. 

It sits in the middle of your screen, has no stylised design to match the rest of the UI, is bugged with torpedos and in general is too in your face.

Lasts way too long too. When I die I know I died. I don't need to be reminded of this fact for a solid 10 seconds before respawning.

Ze'ta missions

They're currently bugged and need your zeta to be rank 9

They're overly brutal - 10 devils dozen medals is absurd

The 20 pvp victories has been done before and nobody liked it back then either. Change it to participation please, 20 victories is beyond brutal even for the most comitted players.

Agreed.

You motherf**kers made a pirate destroyer but not for us, immediate salt

ABSOLUTELY AGREE.

Another example of good on paper bad in practice
The sector is basically one giant PvE mission with amazing resource gain

Really really shouldn't be locked behind paywall.

Anti-destroyer ammo was a horrible idea, we had this kind of stuff before the triple explosive damage issue and it was OP, do you want people to play destroyers at all?

Destroyers are the most suppressed class in the game. Everything deals extra damage to them, negative effects are doubled, they are slow as a boulder rolling up a hill, have stupid long respawn times, and cost wayyyyy too much for all of this.

Sure they have great burst dps but have you SEEN the Wolfhound?

This is the second time I've tried to make this post, so here we go again.

First of all, has anyone else noticed that the Archangel was stealth nerfed? I was hitting for around 4.4k a rocket yesterday, and now I'm at 2.6. To be clear, I agree with this change but it means that either I'm crazy or the patch notes are incomplete.

Secondly, in the US, it currently costs around 40 USD to buy 10 Xenochips. This is absurd. I'm going to assume this was a math error and be as generous as possible. To be blunt, this means completing a single stage of phase 3 of the moon pass costs around 600 USD. Sure, you can shave this down by buying 100 dollar packs and buying sets of 50 Xenochips, but ultimately this is insane.

Now, what if this is purely to get extremely long time players to burn earned GS? Surely the earn rate is reasonable enough to complete.

Well, lets see how many missions you have to complete if you want to get 150 Xenos a day. If @Schwarzschild is correct, it will take literally 33 mission completions a day that grant Xenochips to get 150. This means that you have to dedicate an incredible amount of time. Now, we have 39 days left or so to complete this event, so you don't need to get the 150 in a single day, but if you have not completed all previous stages of all previous phases, that leaves functionally no time to do so. Don't believe me? You need 4500 Xenos to complete the full event. You can get 3600 by completing around 10 missions a day, and that just leaves 900 to achieve for the last few days. If you want to spend a reasonable amount of time a day and just get around 120, you're looking at 38 days, maybe 35 if you spring for a bit more a day. We have 39.

That's a yikes from me.

This makes it seem as though purchasing some Xenos is intended, but I refer you to the above costs. It seems very disingenuous to imply that there is any time at all to complete previous stages when you're looking at this amount of dedication.

put the bloody finishing stage thing back to 120 i don't want to be wasting my day trying to get 150 xeno chips you've already made things unfair for free players by locking 90% of the rewards behind pay walls and now you are just making things much harder for them stop making things unnecessarily difficult and you may keep more of your players

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lucy_Bubbles said:

put the bloody finishing stage thing back to 120 i don't want to be wasting my day trying to get 150 xeno chips you've already made things unfair for free players by locking 90% of the rewards behind pay walls and now you are just making things much harder for them stop making things unnecessarily difficult and you may keep more of your players

It's harder for everyone. Paying or otherwise.

They really should revert it back to 120 per day because 150 is near impossible.

7 minutes ago, silver_53 said:

They say at the beginning of this event, anyone can complete it easily but right now you need hourS to obtain 150 xenoships.

Doesn't help that you gotta complete all the evailable missions then come back in a few hours when they've refreshed. Many people just don't have that kind of time.