Wingover2

Players Voting Low Levels In PvE - Even On Purpose

Just dozens of our past PvE matches were intrigued by players who switch down to level 1-3. I think there's no point in crashing the democracy and give all the level power to the player who votes the lowest. That's like an open door for trolling. 3 players, fully armed with Wolfshounds and Zetas, suddenly fall victim to that one egocentric, stubborn player that won't even react to the chat, but has enough confidence to pick something like 4, then down to 3, with a fully grown Mammoth. And it's not always a beginner. I've even seen 'good' players who vote level 1 as if they were possessed by something. I have reported the last one. This is absolutely infuriating and needs to stop. 

I'm not sure if they realize that everything below level 10 is like squashing peas. There's no challenge to that and a total waste of nerves and time. You really want to use your ships. 

Suggestion:

Stronger players above level 10+ should not be triangulated with beginners.

Minimum level should be 10 for those who already crossed the line, while beginners play max. 1-10 amongst themselves. Also, strong players can not steal their show that way. 

It should be based on the insignia levels (or simply the past levels reached.)

I've seen players with full grown Zetas vote level 1-5 and I just don't get it.  They don't get anything, we don't get anything, it's absolutely self-destructive and contradictory to the concept of achieving something.

After exceeding level 10 they can triangulate with 10+.

Maybe this would be the safest way to not totally waste time and energy for a freaking level 1 mission...

Personally i just do the tasks as fast as possible by switching to easy levels. When i pick lvl1 and see a bot present in the team i just don't want to bother with it and every time i go over 10lvl i have to carry the game and it's a hassle, i have nothing to gain by tryharding it. The only thing i do is pick between 5-10 levels in case someone wants to unlock a higher level of that pve. I believe most capable people think this way when queuing in random pve.

• Upvote 1

Someone made a nice suggestion about choosing the range of levels you want to play Before you queue.

• Upvote 1

For me, when I see 2 or more low rank ships, then I lower the level to 5.

I tasted a lot of failures when I played high level PvE with low rank ships.

Also, for me, forcing other player to choose high rank in random PvE is injustice. This is random PvE, and other player has a right to choose his own level.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, CutieSP said:

Also, for me, forcing other player to choose high rank in random PvE is injustice. This is random PvE, and other player has a right to choose his own level.

It is that players below level 10 should play amongst themselves. No strong player ever chooses below 10 (except trolls and mystery figures).

The problem is that, if anyone chooses "his own level", we have to play level 1 too often. I'm personally very competitive and prefer hard challenges.

So to speak, if you want to play higher than 13 and then get forced to play low levels, that is an injustice for stronger players who have way more capacity and attack points.

So, the whole system is a problem on both sides. 

9 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

Personally i just do the tasks as fast as possible by switching to easy levels. When i pick lvl1 and see a bot present in the team i just don't want to bother with it and every time i go over 10lvl i have to carry the game and it's a hassle, i have nothing to gain by tryharding it. The only thing i do is pick between 5-10 levels in case someone wants to unlock a higher level of that pve. I believe most capable people think this way when queuing in random pve.

More insignias.

But Orca.... that's a little ironic right now. Just recently you voted level 1 in the Ellydium mission and made over 4000 points. I reported you because I thought you were trolling us. We barely had anything left to kill. 

1. Why don't you use your potential for higher levels?
  2. What made you think that other players can't handle a higher level?

We could have made a speedrun at level 11 and it would still be easy. It's not like I'm helpless since my attack insignia is at 35 atm.

1 hour ago, Scaap89260 said:

It is that players below level 10 should play amongst themselves. No strong player ever chooses below 10 (except trolls and mystery figures).

I stopped playing random PvE when I checked my notes. On 48 random PvE 21 times player with prestige level 12 or higher selected diff level 1. In 16 of those lvl 1 games, player that selected that level was playing R13 ship or higher. Oh and from those 48 random queue PvE games, 31 were level 1 and only 8 were level 10 or higher. 

• Upvote 1

I just needed the points for xenochip tasks. lvl1 is the the fastest and the turrets hp is the lowest. I like to watch youtube on my other screen when farming stuff. When it comes to randoms i will never go high level, not once did it end good unless i personally knew the people playing, at one point i had to even pause the video i was watching to carry a game, the audacity of some people...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

I just needed the points for xenochip tasks. lvl1 is the the fastest and the turrets hp is the lowest. I like to watch youtube on my other screen when farming stuff. When it comes to randoms i will never go high level, not once did it end good unless i personally knew the people playing, at one point i had to even pause the video i was watching to carry a game, the audacity of some people...

Jeez, I didn't know that. I thought you're trying to ruin our progress. lol

I really gave it a fair chance but people can't handle high level pve. I prefer it easy since the credits earned dont scale all that well with difficulty imho.

5 hours ago, ORCA1911 said:

I really gave it a fair chance but people can't handle high level pve. I prefer it easy since the credits earned dont scale all that well with difficulty imho.

They really don't.

Lv5: easy af. Done in 5 minutes. 200k cred.

Lv30: use all dupes. Takes 29 minutes. 300k cred.

• Upvote 1