Deelena

Entry 86 — Fighter Pilgrim

2 hours ago, Ellydium said:

I absolutely hate the ship, its imbalanced, blatantly p2w costing a grand total of:
- x1[More than the resource cap on monocrystals, along with some other resources]

- x1[$30 USD]

Several of my corp-mates have left/uninstalled the game permanently due to this ship, others are debating leaving the game as well. Oh and just to top it all off, I think the ship looks ugly.

It is balanced. There is a counter for this ship already, making it practically useless if a wing pilots have a half brain and some skills. We were facing a wing with two Pilgrims. During the initial nuke run both were plasma arced, nukes planted, so instead of just nukes damaging structures we had +40 points as well. Also your wing composition doesn't make sense at all - 2 dessies, 2 Waz'Gots, 1 tackler, 3 gunships? That's a recipe for disaster, not victory. You would have to sacrifice a lot of firepower in implants and passives to actually get it to work and still lose ~500-600 points against the rush, while waz'gots being busy keeping themselves alive from a single LRF out of sensor range. I agree with one thing - the shroud generator is fun. You have to kill the Pilgrim or you won't cap the beacon :) . But as I said in the first line of my post - that's actually very easy.

And if your corpmates are leaving the game, because they couldn't figure out counter for a ship, even when several people already posted it on the forum then - well. 

Also - moving dreads were affecting more ships than pilgrim - basically all ships that have modifiers activated when stationary - engineers, lrfs, guards. 

Regarding chain exploding in PvP - I have yet to see it. It's not 6k nuke, it's 6k over 3 seconds IIRC - so 2k kinetic dps. Let's take a Berserker - Empire Recon intie. It has no shield slots, with base 3334 kinetic shield res of 67= 40% damage mitigation. It regens shields at 108 hp/s. So with full shields it will mitigate whole explosion to shields. Not even touching the hull. So yes, it would be cool if the whole beacon capture party was damaged - then maybe it will affect them. But from what I saw - it's just meh. 

2 hours ago, Ellydium said:

Actually, the special module is a shield booster in disguise that gets canceled by any space breeze and the other buffs you barely get the chance to use them properly in the heat of a battle. The shield nitrous systems isnt useful enough to waste a shield slot on it and the cloak missile is a double edged sword where nobody sees anyone else and has to guess their way out. The ship IS cool looking btw :P

1 hour ago, ORCA1911 said:

Actually, the special module is a shield booster in disguise that gets canceled by any space breeze and the other buffs you barely get the chance to use them properly in the heat of a battle. The shield nitrous systems isnt useful enough to waste a shield slot on it and the cloak missile is a double edged sword where nobody sees anyone else and has to guess their way out. The ship IS cool looking btw :P

But does the smoke screen affect enemies too?

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

But does the smoke screen affect enemies too?

Same effect for friendlies and foe

Epic

17 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

It's abiut time ellydium showed back up here!

When is YOUR next ship going to be released?

The Ellydium destroyer research has been finished for a long time, but our entire fleet was lost in PB 42 so we have nobody left for marketing delivering the product. We are unsure if we will ever be able to release the ship. We can release it whenever we want, but given the controversy over the previous ships, we believe it would be wise to keep it hidden and complete in the game files but not implemented for public use until we recover the rest of our corporation.

• Confused 1