Questions to the developers Autumn 2018

Dear conquerors of the Star Conflict Universe!

This topic is designed to collect and organize the players' questions towards the developers as well as their answers. In order to provide a better overview and easier search, this topics' priority will be focused on game related content in Autumn.

Answers are usually given daily on weekdays. Developers will read all questions, but questions which are not clearly defined, which are obviously stupid, which are lying on the "surface", or which violate the rules of the forum, will be ignored and deleted.

How to ask questions:
Formulate your questions as clear as possible. Try to ask only important questions. Use the search function before asking any questions, some questions may have already been answered.

The following rules apply to this thread:
1. Posts that do not contain any game related questions will be deleted.
2. This thread is not for suggestions. Any suggestion posted in this thread will be deleted.
3. Any discussion in this subject will be considered as flame and offtopic and will be punished appropriately.
4. The questions are asked towards the game developers and therefore only they can respond.
5. The thread will be cleaned at least once a week. This means that all player posts will be removed and the questions will be added to the developers answers as a quote.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1.When can we expect the destroyer from ellydium? there have been some leak since a while now but nothing coming from any devs.

2.What is the plan for the end of this year?

3. Can we expect new sectors soon? since there is a large part of the galactic map that isn't used yet.

Thx!

ORCA1911 (Posted )

1- No destroyer for now. 2- Balancing and a few content updates with the standard new years surprise. 3- Past update incorporated a few new maps, there will be added maps for OS too but no ETA so far.

When can we expect another major balance pass? Some combinations still feel unreasonable powerful like front blaster that when it start shooting is almost a certain frag.

ORCA1911 (Posted )

There will be some major balancing done for PvP throughout the remaining year, economy updates too with OS and trade features. Next update will be within this week.

When will front blaster be re-done like A1MA

ORCA1911 (Posted )

There are no plans for the front blaster yet, there are some priority targets for balancing that need to be done first.

Will we get new colours to paint our ships with?

Will a few of the less useful modules (Asyncronous Shield, Multipurpose Shield, etc) get a rework like the Teroxide Injector?

Will Secret Project ships get a few new toys to play with? Possibly a single unique module or Weapon? (Like Dynamic Superchargers for Saw One, Nanolocator for Cyning, etc)

ORCA1911 (Posted )

No extra paints are planned for now but it may change in the near future, the older modules will be revised depending of their overall usage similar to the latest changes introduced, no definite ETA as of yet, nothing is planned for SP ships but there may be some changes next year but nothing in the making for now.
  • Like 1

When will we really get three different tiers?

We have this now in max T ; OGYul1l.jpg

This is not my screenshot but the question is valid. And it happened just today 16.10 after you delivered all teddybears to us how we have separate tiers.

When will you remove low-rank ships buffs??

ORCA1911 (Posted )

The MM functions by selecting your max rank ship in your ship slots and puts you into the desired queue, there are more things planned for the MM, more info will be provided in the patch notes.
  • Like 1

What is the max number of players in one squad that can actually get PvP game? 

ORCA1911: Max squad number was always 4 players, wing was 12 players.

The question included 'that can actually get PvP game', but I imagine the answer is 'we don't disclose information on the matchmaker.

ORCA1911 (Posted )

That part i could only answer after the next patch as it's gonna hit soon and also get an update myself. ETA a day or two

Spoiler

First off, congrats on the promotion ORCA!

Secondly, I have a big list I'd like to express now that I know a developer ;)

All listed here are possible things you guys could look into that I feel that need to be changed or tweaked, and its a rather big list of "questionable nerfs"

• Tai'kin
    • I feel as if its just too good to be a balanced Recon, compared to the other recons in the game as of now.
      • The Tai'kin has always been a maneuverable ship thanks to the dual synthesis spheres way back when, however, at its current state, I feel that it could use a slight nerf to the rotation/strafe as many of the modules give it bonus movement, to balance it could get more health, for guns such as Aim-Assisted Cannon its still quite hard to follow a good - Tai'kin players movements if you happen to land a shot.
    • Module wise, something needs to change with them;
      • Inhibitor Crystal + Crystal Drone 
        • This setup is used by nearly every Tai'kin I've encountered and that's.. a lot.
          • The crystals damage is too much for the instant stop that it provides.
          • Crystal Drone slowdown is nothing like what a Recon should have, especially with the Tai'kins maneuverability, its a feature it should never get, if its so maneuverable why does it need to slow down everything that this drone shoots, by a rather bonkers amount. 
    • The quite frankly broken camo+bomb technique. 
      • I've seen a mass of people in Tai'kins get the bomb, and somehow render themselves invisible with it, even to a recon with almost 20k range, this is totally broken and needs to be fixed. 
  • Manufactured Ships ( Some need a buff some need a nerf ) 
    • Wolfhound
      • Archangel missiles move rather quick and turn heavy, possible nerf to the speed/maneuverability of them as the damage is immense. 
    • Zhen
      • Possible change to the modules so the engine hack isn't as abused as it should have been. 
      • I don't know if its a bug but I've tried countering it with the crew, and it doesn't work, so I'm left flying straight.
      • Change the guns damage or bow firing to make it 'fairer' to use, because it is kinda the frontal blaster all over again, sorta.
    • Project
      • Is the drone faster than a normal disintegrator? If so could this be changed?
        • I've encountered a project and on numerous occasions on a USA server with a 200+ roll/turn spike making impossible moves, just to get sniped, when focused in a different sniper, by good people they miss. 

Other 

• Boremys
    • The special module has a major bug, that I think I tested with you and posted a bug report but its yet to be fixed---  it decreases your resistance instead of increasing at  a certain point, leading to near one shot ( 2 shot by disintegrator with over 80k surv and decent resistance on top of phase ) 
  • New ships
    • When will the Engineer/recon come out? I want the engineer and will they be premium? (please don't make the special modules 120 parts! that grind is litterly the worst in the game, period, ever, always has been. :sad:
  •  Gravi- lens changes
    • I and my entire team don't like the ally pull thing, many modules/missiles don't affect allies now.
  • Inhibitor Swarm
    • Possible nerf as 70% knock is kinda broken especially since its not a tackler? I'd be fine with maybe 40%
  • Destroyer Guns?
    • In monolith the destroyer that spawned had explosion coilgun, please oh please oh please add new guns for destroyers!
      • Halo is useless.
        • Too slow projectile speed and ROF to hit anything other than other destroyers or fly straight players.
      • G'Thar
        • NErfed to oblivion because the past devs didn't know how to balance it.
          • Increase ROF by 30%
          • Decrease damage on hit, slightly increase damage over time but make it once and lower the pull time of the orb(only stuck for half a second)
      • Coilgun
        • OKAY all around really.
  • Monocrystals
    • WHY DO THEY COST IRIDIUM? :sad:
      • The amount they cost is very very bad considering your chances, and the 'free' option to get them was nerfed to oblivion out of the game, please come up with a better, balanced system.
    • Maybe add the option to buy them, but not as much? Or lower the iridium cost of the 5x to 2000 or even lower and decrease the amount given.
    • I LOVE LOVE the anti-pay to win side of it but ooooooooooooooof for the new players it is stupidly hard to build ships now. 

USA servers? where dey at?

I will sing "Shut up and take my money" for you, because I will pay for USA servers now. ;)

ORCA1911 (Posted )

I think this is better suited as a game discussion topic than a comment, this topic here is more like a short Q&A as defined by the rules in the first post. Feel free to open a new topic discussion and ill provide feedback there.

12 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

When will you remove low-rank ships buffs?

you didn't answer to this?

ps; it is nice to actually see that some dev care for the community here, big kudos to you ORCA

ORCA1911 (Posted )

No exact date but there are a few ideas in the works that should either mitigate the rank bonuses or remove them entirely, but it will take time.
  • Like 1

Why Combat Recon doesn't count as regular PvP? 

And why don't we get purple loot after first played Combat Recon battle?

http://prntscr.com/l795gd

ORCA1911 (Posted )

Combat Recon was always a tricky topic, on one hand it was the best game mode judged by objectives and other factors and on the other the worst as it took very little effort to tip the balance into mayhem. Due to its constant uncertainty and various changes in the game, it was cut out of regular pvp and together with other modes moved into a separate queue that's not a regular PvP mode anymore.
  • Like 1

Will monocrystal tasks be re-added? I feel like that was unfairly offed way too fast, plus it was also a good income of monocrystals.

ORCA1911 (Posted )

The monocrystal gains somewhat flooded the game too much while it was meant to be a rare type of a resource. They will be added back again in a different fashion, ETA not known yet.

So PvP is not a mess. It is once again playable and even fun again.The bots used as a buffer for players hot joining works (except in demolition) I don't like them but, I understand this is a compromise of sorts. Still don't like seeing Archons, Brokers  and Stingrays when I am flying all 15-17s but, it seems to be working.

When are we going to get some new ships? It feels like it's time for another green machine. 

When are we going to get a "limited time sure to be nerfed after two weeks OP Kinetic" so were not all stuck at level 22 for the rest of our lives - gun?

ORCA1911 (Posted )

There will be one new ship, not Ellydium though.

Something else... will ship patrol rewards be reversed? I actually like the rewards I was getting from the patrols before, as now just credits are...  kinda meh.

ORCA1911 (Posted )

For now they will stay as they are, no plans for the missions so far.
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Exarus said:

Something else... will ship patrol rewards be reversed? I actually like the rewards I was getting from the patrols before, as now just credits are...  kinda meh.

What… ? Really? That didn’t need to be changed in the first place…

I really did enjoy getting vouchers and ship components from the patrols. Is there a good reason this was changed? I’m not very happy knowing this isn’t going to be changed when again, it didn’t need to be.

ORCA1911 (Posted )

The droprates and drops in general were too random to my knowledge so the devs are looking into a better way of farming things.

Will we be getting a new way to get vouchers reliably? And I'm not talking 20-30k per day I'm talking something useful.

ORCA1911 (Posted )

Of course, the vouchers play a vital role to players progress in general, therefore there will be more changes in the future. Afaik it will be gradual changes, nothing too drastic.
  • Thanks 1

When will Happy hours be happy for me as well? My main time is EU time zone afternoon and evenings.

Are Happy hours made for @xKostyan?

Why can't I give comment in weekend special?

This week we have a very poor weekend special :yes_yes_yes: there is nothing really good to attract players to play here.

Why are Limits for resources = credits getting lower and lower?

Who is the developer responsible for balance?

Why was he-she-it thinking that speed buff for fighters and guards is better than nerf for intys I'm just curious?

Can you please answer each question separately that I can recognize answer on my question.

Thx in advance

ORCA1911 (Posted )

Not sure. Not really. It's read only section. Because of incoming gradual changes that will make it possible for SC to have a stable economy system. That's classified. Because the game is generally action packed and the data gathered would provide a better insight into future balancing of ship classes. Yes i can. You're whalecome. :D
  • Like 1

Oh nice THX

I have new questions,

Why do we need more synergy to level ships?

And why was this not written in patch note?

ORCA1911 (Posted )

Fast and slow progressions are equally as bad with different consequences for the player, so "we" are trying to mitigate these negative effects with minor changes ingame. Sometimes small things can get forgotten in patch notes.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

Just played PvAi to see R7 bots fight my R11 dessy. I don't like that. I prefer old hard way.

Why were bots in PvAi nerfed?

Because people have been asking for it? I think there were even some topics on the forum about it.

My question is, anything about the specmod quests for ships like Executor and Boremys?

ORCA1911 (Posted )

For now they are closed as they are considered somewhat special ships in comparison to others. No ETA when they will come back so far.

Oh, it wasn't talking about the parts that you need to build the ships, I was referring to the parts for their special modules, anything about them?

ORCA1911 (Posted )

I believe that they belong into the same class as special module missions, like a limited time only thing.