GatoGrande

PvP ruled by intys

6 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ok yeah Tai'Kin is OP. But can we talk about WazGot teams?

Get two or even three Wazzies in a team with emergency TP and station and they are nigh unkillable.

Rush, pop graviwave and station, get TP'd back just before they die, repeat.

Multiple heals could have diminishing returns like ECM stuns. That could make a mixture of heals and command resists more powerful than just a ton of wazgot heal beams.

12 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Ok yeah Tai'Kin is OP. But can we talk about WazGot teams?

Get two or even three Wazzies in a team with emergency TP and station and they are nigh unkillable.

Rush, pop graviwave and station, get TP'd back just before they die, repeat.

Hint: Tai'kin can be killed by Plasma Web even when you cannot hit it with anything else. Hardly OP. 

Also - I have yet to see three Waz'Gots in one battle. In Dread battles even two on battlefield are useless. In normal PvP I rarely see any proper Waz'got in any team even in Team Battle. As for unkillable goes - somehow two doomsdays and some main gun fire disagree with you. As well as any ECM pilot. If you have two Waz'Gots on the battlefield and any thinking LRF on the other side, those two will be healing each other till the end of the match, dying every 30-35 seconds.

40 minutes ago, OwnageMaster said:

Hint: Tai'kin can be killed by Plasma Web even when you cannot hit it with anything else. Hardly OP. 

Vid or it didn't happen

40 minutes ago, OwnageMaster said:

Also - I have yet to see three Waz'Gots in one battle. In Dread battles even two on battlefield are useless. In normal PvP I rarely see any proper Waz'got in any team even in Team Battle. As for unkillable goes - somehow two doomsdays and some main gun fire disagree with you. As well as any ECM pilot. If you have two Waz'Gots on the battlefield and any thinking LRF on the other side, those two will be healing each other till the end of the match, dying every 30-35 seconds.

I must have just been on a really sh** team then because nobody was doing anything about them because nobody could. No LRF or ECM on team. Every time one of them rushed over, they'd kill at least one of us just from the gravi wave. The torps and station and other enemies did in the rest. XD

2 hours ago, xKostyan said:

1678317844_healingreduction.thumb.jpg.c4

Phaser with enough damage output works aswell, although not very reliable. The Phaser explosions can be used to supress a beacon with multiple intys around it.

I highly recommend a guard with pulsar, proxi mortar and minefield aswell. Bonus points for an inquitsitor with tractor beam.

Vid or it didn't happen

I still have logs. Basically what happened - taikin in cloak (so no shields) started  getting damage from plasma web when at full speed. It took 3 seconds to slow down, two seconds later cloak reactivated killing combat shield regen. 3 secs later - boom. 

I must have just been on a really sh** team then because nobody was doing anything about them because nobody could. No LRF or ECM on team. Every time one of them rushed over, they'd kill at least one of us just from the gravi wave. The torps and station and other enemies did in the rest. XD

Yup. That's crappy team right there - taking ships inadequate to combat situation. And with badly setup ships and/or positioning if gravi wave was able to do any damage to them...

Wazzies and taiks are still a dominating factor on the battlefield regardless

2 hours ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Wazzies and taiks are still a dominating factor on the battlefield regardless

Just as much as a good gunship/command/covops/guards/ecms.

I have seen dominating dessies too

There arent any gamebraking ships like there used to be. Taikin and Wazgot do however still have a certain edge in their respective roles, since they are sitting at certain extremes. Taikin sits on the mobility extreme of recons (I count perma radar invisibility and regen towards 'mobility' aswell, since those often limit free movement for other ships.), while the Wazgot sits on the utility extreme of engineers (combat station acts as a great deterrant and buff aura, patron active defense is a much greater livesaver for fast ships than traditional engineers, gravi wave makes it difficult to engage it in closed areas).

None of them are op af, both are perfectly killable. They are just ever so slightly better than most other ships.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Scar6 said:

There arent any gamebraking ships like there used to be. Taikin and Wazgot do however still have a certain edge in their respective roles, since they are sitting at certain extremes. Taikin sits on the mobility extreme of recons (I count perma radar invisibility and regen towards 'mobility' aswell, since those often limit free movement for other ships.), while the Wazgot sits on the utility extreme of engineers (combat station acts as a great deterrant and buff aura, patron active defense is a much greater livesaver for fast ships than traditional engineers, gravi wave makes it difficult to engage it in closed areas).

None of them are op af, both are perfectly killable. They are just ever so slightly better than most other ships.

Imho WazGot and Brok are the only engineers that even viable in the game, nerfing them is to make zero viable engineers in the game.

Taikin has its window of opportunity to shine, but more than not I'd rather see a better recon with some new module running

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Imho WazGot and Brok are the only engineers that even viable in the game, nerfing them is to make zero viable engineers in the game.

Buff the rest of the engineers!

10 minutes ago, xKostyan said:

Taikin has its window of opportunity to shine, but more than not I'd rather see a better recon with some new module running

That too

10 hours ago, xKostyan said:

This is exactly what was-is ruining this game. Every time that we got so called some new ship or module since release of Destroyers until R16* ships were released it was so OP = bad balanced that people left game. There was no swift reaction of devs to repair it. Not only that even worse option was picked by releasing even more OP ships-weapons-modules to counter it. So we got more and more OP stuff.

By my personal opinion small ships already have to many to powerful single modules that can have impact on to many multiple things at same time.

It is like some bad player was-is developer or advisor to developers and he-she is trying to make single ultimate ship that can be OP to anything else and do everything at same time.

*R 16-17 are bit better by balance but just bit we still have some recently realised ECM modules and that auto aiming LRF drone that are badly balanced. Or that Drynwyn main module that can make ECM invisible. Why is this needed? Why should one ship be able to do everything. That is what kills diversity, if one ship is able to do everything than we don't need any more ships.

2 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

*R 16-17 are bit better by balance but just bit we still have some recently realised ECM modules and that auto aiming LRF drone that are badly balanced. Or that Drynwyn main module that can make ECM invisible. Why is this needed? Why should one ship be able to do everything. That is what kills diversity, if one ship is able to do everything than we don't need any more ships.

Oh so now every game is 8v8 Drynwyms?

1 minute ago, xKostyan said:

Oh so now every game is 8v8 Drynwyms?

you like to say; stop putting words in my mouth.

I will say, show me where I said that.

To explain in simple words to you; I w a s   p o i n t i n g   a t  m a i n  m o d u l  invisibility that should be reserved for tacklers and cov. ops ships, LRFs.  We don't need every ship to be invisible. And when you are introducing modules that can do multiple things at same time is just making something broken and OP in 99.9% of cases.

2 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

To explain in simple words to you; I w a s   p o i n t i n g   a t  m a i n  m o d u l  invisibility that should be reserved for tacklers and cov. ops ships, LRFs.  We don't need every ship to be invisible.

And why is that?

3 minutes ago, GatoGrande said:

And when you are introducing modules that can do multiple things at same time is just making something broken and OP in 99.9% of cases.

Your math is terrible.

I don't understand the problem here

On 10/12/2018 at 11:54 PM, xKostyan said:

Don't put words into my mouth, I never said Taikin is a weak ship, you are the one who said it is OP

Did I?

On 10/11/2018 at 10:06 PM, g4borg said:

on its own it's not a gamebreaker, except its an objective game.

is what i said.

so keep yourself to your own standards.

I called the NY18 OP tho. So you can quote me on that.

On 10/15/2018 at 12:41 AM, g4borg said:

So you can quote me on that.

k.

On 10/12/2018 at 9:51 PM, g4borg said:

Taikin is OP

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tillowaty said:

k.

funny u