demaneR

I love this game.

Recommended Posts

Try another games like retro ones, or just quit gaming and read books or go out

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trick is to 'not get too invested into it'.

Play for fun, skip the competetive aspect.

Stop playing if it isn't enjoyable.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I despise this game more than anything else in my life, and yet I still remain because its the only thing like it on the market. My corporation has been seeking a replacement/alternative for years now and we've found nothing suitable. Sure, there are other space sims and flight sims, but they're slow, bogged down, and hardly functional in some aspects, the majority of them take to flight as a Suppressor in Star Conflict, slow, clunky, and boring flight mechanics that resemble a brick with engines rather than a futuristic space fighter/interceptor. Even in the game Dreadnought which has something very similar to a Covert Ops from Star Conflict, the flight mechanics are slow and unmaneuverable utter garbage compared to Star Conflict. Many games have similar aspects, EVE Online has a similar customizability and variety to equipment, although Star Conflict seems to have thrown the idea of custom out the window with the r16+ having no custom slots/level bonuses and the META becoming so unbelievable tight at this point that variety almost ceases to exist in PvP, everything has tackler modules, and almost everything has some sort of 1-hit weapon or builtin aim-bot mechanics (Front Blasters which lock your crosshairs over an enemy at any distance regardless of visibility status, Thi'Lith (and the reverse version) which hit-scan your target regardless of how close you are to actually aiming at them, Gordon's Missile Launcher which track to a target if your crosshairs are within 10 or so degrees of them, Aim-Assisted Cannon which tracks to a target if it has been hit once, regardless of visibility status, and Dag'Tnith which tracks to any target you have a lock on just to name a few). Dreadnought has a very similar mechanic to a Suppressor's Energy Router but for all ships. A very simple mechanic that can optimize performance, but implemented horribly to Dreadnought as one of the main combat mechanics. Even the sound is the same in other games, such as the warp-gate sound (engineers) being the same as the active warp sounds for Elite Dangerous(?). Despite all sorts of other games having very similar mechanics here and there, nothing even comes close to having as good of a flight system, other games are either overcomplicated (star conflict just has 1,2,3,4,F,LMB,RMB for equipment, and WASDQEAltSpace as maneuvering) or completely underwhelming (such as on-rails or EVE Online's almost non-existent flight mechanics that hardly anyone knows about, instead most people give their ships direction commands instead of flying themselves). Some other games have Star Conflict's exceptionally well done directional controls, but they have a locked camera, restricting your ability to survey an area, shoot more than just the "forwards" direction. My point is, there is no true alternative to Star Conflict, the mechanics culminate to form the perfect game (problems such as SLI scaling, client stability, server stability, and player base make it not perfect, but if it were only mechanics at play it would be) but all the stupid things they're adding make it unbearably bad. Sometimes my corp will run custom battle modes where the new (and impossible to balance given that no time is put in, they don't listen to the players, and they've dug a hole so deep they can't get out without retconning all their bad decisions and going back on a lot of 'progress') equipment and ships, and the gameplay is really smooth and balanced. We would all stop playing if it weren't for eachother, we've stopped playing because the game is fun (because it isn't anymore) and now we only play because we're fun. If there were such thing as "Star Conflict 2 but without all the bad" or a "Star Conflict but its before 2015 and Destroyers hadn't been implemented yet and the downward spiral hadn't been set in motion" or even a "Not Star Conflict but has the same flight and combat mechanics and an equally vast customizability" we would all quit and go to that instead, but those things don't exist so we're stuck here.

 

They won't even give us a gun they promised as a reward to a forum contest

despite us asking "who won, where's the prize?" for over a month. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear minecraft is making a comeback

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PapyMcBites said:

I despise this game more than anything else in my life, and yet I still remain because its the only thing like it on the market. My corporation has been seeking a replacement/alternative for years now and we've found nothing suitable. Sure, there are other space sims and flight sims, but they're slow, bogged down, and hardly functional in some aspects, the majority of them take to flight as a Suppressor in Star Conflict, slow, clunky, and boring flight mechanics that resemble a brick with engines rather than a futuristic space fighter/interceptor. Even in the game Dreadnought which has something very similar to a Covert Ops from Star Conflict, the flight mechanics are slow and unmaneuverable utter garbage compared to Star Conflict. Many games have similar aspects, EVE Online has a similar customizability and variety to equipment, although Star Conflict seems to have thrown the idea of custom out the window with the r16+ having no custom slots/level bonuses and the META becoming so unbelievable tight at this point that variety almost ceases to exist in PvP, everything has tackler modules, and almost everything has some sort of 1-hit weapon or builtin aim-bot mechanics (Front Blasters which lock your crosshairs over an enemy at any distance regardless of visibility status, Thi'Lith (and the reverse version) which hit-scan your target regardless of how close you are to actually aiming at them, Gordon's Missile Launcher which track to a target if your crosshairs are within 10 or so degrees of them, Aim-Assisted Cannon which tracks to a target if it has been hit once, regardless of visibility status, and Dag'Tnith which tracks to any target you have a lock on just to name a few). Dreadnought has a very similar mechanic to a Suppressor's Energy Router but for all ships. A very simple mechanic that can optimize performance, but implemented horribly to Dreadnought as one of the main combat mechanics. Even the sound is the same in other games, such as the warp-gate sound (engineers) being the same as the active warp sounds for Elite Dangerous(?). Despite all sorts of other games having very similar mechanics here and there, nothing even comes close to having as good of a flight system, other games are either overcomplicated (star conflict just has 1,2,3,4,F,LMB,RMB for equipment, and WASDQEAltSpace as maneuvering) or completely underwhelming (such as on-rails or EVE Online's almost non-existent flight mechanics that hardly anyone knows about, instead most people give their ships direction commands instead of flying themselves). Some other games have Star Conflict's exceptionally well done directional controls, but they have a locked camera, restricting your ability to survey an area, shoot more than just the "forwards" direction. My point is, there is no true alternative to Star Conflict, the mechanics culminate to form the perfect game (problems such as SLI scaling, client stability, server stability, and player base make it not perfect, but if it were only mechanics at play it would be) but all the stupid things they're adding make it unbearably bad. Sometimes my corp will run custom battle modes where the new (and impossible to balance given that no time is put in, they don't listen to the players, and they've dug a hole so deep they can't get out without retconning all their bad decisions and going back on a lot of 'progress') equipment and ships, and the gameplay is really smooth and balanced. We would all stop playing if it weren't for eachother, we've stopped playing because the game is fun (because it isn't anymore) and now we only play because we're fun. If there were such thing as "Star Conflict 2 but without all the bad" or a "Star Conflict but its before 2015 and Destroyers hadn't been implemented yet and the downward spiral hadn't been set in motion" or even a "Not Star Conflict but has the same flight and combat mechanics and an equally vast customizability" we would all quit and go to that instead, but those things don't exist so we're stuck here.

 

They won't even give us a gun they promised as a reward to a forum contest

despite us asking "who won, where's the prize?" for over a month. 

 

7

 

This is very nicely written post, Respect to you.

 

Forgive me I have to quote especially this from your post even if I think you wrote the best post that I ever have read here on this forum.

 

we've stopped playing because the game is fun (because it isn't anymore) and now we only play because we're fun

 

this

 

 

 

about this;

 

They won't even give us a gun they promised as a reward to a forum contest

despite us asking "who won, where's the prize?" for over a month. 

 

 

Hmm I got all in game rewards but not all rewards that were listed,

I'm still waiting for one reward for victory at League Tournament and it is 4-5 months now from it.

In 5 months I could walk from Russia to my country and deliver it personally.

Didn't get it :beee:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, PapyMcBites said:

 

 

PM me ill fix it for you ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SniperNoob117 said:

Try another games like retro ones, or just quit gaming and read books or go out

 

10 hours ago, Scar6 said:

The trick is to 'not get too invested into it'.

Play for fun, skip the competetive aspect.

Stop playing if it isn't enjoyable.

 

 

Don't get me wrong I still think it's a good game, it's just not as great a game for me any more as it's lost too many aspects that I used to pre-fare like the tiered PVP so your matched against people with a similar lvl's of experience in the game rather than as it is now where your matched against new guys that are still trying to figure things out, or the more tactical approach to defiler spec ops where you needed to work together as a team closing the portals, killing the inverters ect instead of just a team of dessies that simply have to DPS the hell out of it.

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.