Deelena

Star Conflict 1.5.7 (Discussion)

3 hours ago, GatoGrande said:

but when LRF drone that is closer than 5km is hitting me each time and at same time is unkillable than I would say that it is extra unbalanced.

You know tacklers drones are bigger so easier to hit overall and they can be destroyed in few shots.

This is small as micro locator and at the same time with extreme resists and big survivability.

You tested this sh it and you are saying now to me that they are not OP and asking me why do I complain???

Best thing would be that I ignore this what you have written here.

But that would not be me.

You, my friend, are theoretic and I'm practical person.

You say and believe something that is written I check that in practice. I don't read what devs nerfed or buffed in patch, I go play PvP and see how it feels and how it is.

You say we have multiple tiers, how is that I can see unleveled R7 ship playing against R17 in same game?

I know theory says it is not possible. Reality is wrong and my screenshots are imaginary.

Designers = Developers = Arhitects  they all can draw - write something nice on paper but is that also good and nice in reality is some other thing. 

First - all I say comes from practice - normal games and custom ones. Nothing I say here is just pure theory. If I write something here about something - it means that I experienced it. Not thought about it. I spent last two days checking the changes and looking for patterns. And they are here - like - less and less lower rank (R1-R7) ships in R17 pvp games. I know that you would jump on me with a screenshot of Fox-M or crap - no need. I saw a R3 ECM in one game. But that was in squad and deliberate to see if it is possible to fly so low ship in R17 PvP. So - yes someone can circumvent tier boundaries and fly low ranked ship. But in general - no, it's not the case. From my - games gone are Ghosts with Focusing laser or unkillable Archelons (the latter i killed in 1v1 with Zhen - so here you have a pure example of low rank vs high rank. And that 1v1 occured in normal PvP game against my corpmate that was using this build to wreak havoc less than a week ago). Today I had two stingrays in enemy team, piloted by pretty decent people. I got 3 kills on them - two with my Rockwell with Gauss and the third one when they were closing in on my WazGot - I jumped away and my drones just ate that Stingray. So no - OP Stingrays are no more. So OP builds based on low rank buffs are not that OP anymore. If you can fly them properly - good for you. You still need skill to utilise them and jumping in with "hey this is OP build and low rank bonuses will save me" usually ends with ship destruction. 

Regarding the tiers - I don't know if they are defined by ranks only or on something else. But don't think tiers as 3 ranks boundaries. From what I checked it's like we have 3 tiers with the highest beginning at around R7 (all ships have same amount of slots from that rank - it would make the most sense), but today I haven't notice lower rank than R10 when I was flying my R15-R17 lineup. When I logged to my R7 account though - the highest ship that was in enemy team was R9. So more testing is needed.

So back to the remote drone disintegrator. It has 90%+ reduction against AoE damage. If you are shooting it with anything that has direct hit effect only - it's easy to kill in seconds. Ion emitter is can do over 10k/s against it and can kill it in 3-4 seconds. And it's auto aim assist is actually pretty weak. I can hit less targets with that than with normal disintegrator. 

8 hours ago, SniperNoob117 said:

Need my auto AB back i always used it

Oh Auto AB is there still.

What got changed is the option to turn it on and off without having to open the option menu, aka the default Z key.

Before, you can just press one key to toggle AB on, press again to turn it off in case you need that bit of energy.

Now, if you check the auto-AB box in option menu, auto-AB still works, but CANNOT be turned off with a single press of a key.

I have only one word for this change: WHY???

What is the benefit of implementing this change?

So that ppl can exercise the muscles on their fingers by keeping shift pressed down??

For those accustomed to using shift for manual AB control, or those who are fine with having auto-AB on all the time, this change has NO benefit at all.

For those used to using auto-AB and wants to have the option to turn it off mid-fight, this change is the complete OPPOSITE of good.

As a Guard-main, I almost always use the Z toggle when I need to go fly faster (for a Guard), or when I need that extra bit of energy regen to help with Emergency Shield/Hull Boost.

Removal of the Z toggle means I have to either 1) use those without the "extra" energy regen redirected from engine, or 2) change a habit that has been formed for over 3 years.

Sure, you can call me "lazy". I admit I use auto-AB toggle keys a lot, simply because I don't want to keep the shift key pressed down for minutes.

Since when is "allowing players to be lazy" a sin?

That option has been there for at least two years.

No one complained about it. No one thought it gave one group of players an advantage over the rest.

So why the heck would you Devs remove it???

Unless it's because a new law was passed that put strict requirements for ppl playing games to use their small finger to press down the shift key, I DEMAND the return of the Z toggle key.

(as if any of you Devs actually read anything in this forum)

• Upvote 1

It's because too many players would accidentally turn it on while in-flight, and it would be confusing to many not knowing how to turn it off, many builds would be effected negatively by the consistant drain on energy. Aside from that, having a lack of a full energy capacitor would make hull healing passive modules useless and the base shield regen would be diminished to unacceptable levels.     

In any case, this could be avoided by defaulting the key to a less obvious location or simply default as off for users to discover and use as they please.

4 hours ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

n any case, this could be avoided by defaulting the key to a less obvious location or simply default as off for users to discover and use as they please.

Agreed.

I am pretty sure most ppl play with one hand on the WASD and another hand on the mouse. Left-handed would probably be IJKL plus mouse.

Why not just set the button to some out-of-reach button, for instance Del or any of those F1/2/3 keys?

Point is, removing the key is NOT a good solution.

In any case, it is definitely a bad idea to "punish" some players because some other players are not familiar with the controls.

I could point out that many are also confused by the CTRL key to switch between "normal" flight and "Dessie" flight. Would the devs remove that? No. Then why remove the Z toggle??

Just a side point, the 3 type of ships that need the extra energy boosts are: Command using Diffusion Shield, Engineer using pretty much every engineer module, and Guard using Emergency Shield/Hull Boosts.

Yes many other ships have modules that need a large amount of energy. But these 3 consume the largest amount of energy.

I'd expect ppl using these few to know how to preserve energy, but... ah well

I usually make my ships able to use AB non-stop and still have sufficient energy for modules. Probably a left over habit from my EVE "cap-stable" fitting styles... or maybe I'm just lazy.

What could have been done instead: (in order of preference)

1) Change the default key from Z to some obscure corner of the keyboard.

This prevents accidental toggling.

2) Add the thing into the tutorial so new players would know that there is this key and what function it has.

Less effective since there are bound to be ppl skipping the tutorial.

3) Keep the thing there, make a message display on the HUD the first few times a player toggle AB on/off.

Yes this would be very difficult to do. Implement the message too obtrusive and it would interfere with the fight; implement it too subtle and players may not notice.

fire support seems to be blasted, cant complete it on slowboat without dying multiple times and monolith is just massacre. with duplicators price increment ppl just farm them in open space,cant wait when devs nerf duplicators

4 hours ago, viperki said:

fire support seems to be blasted, cant complete it on slowboat without dying multiple times and monolith is just massacre. with duplicators price increment ppl just farm them in open space,cant wait when devs nerf duplicators

A Cruiser from Fire Support and Defence Contract is not identical. Even if you destroy all of its four engines, it will travel faster than the one in the Defence Contract, not to mention that the range in the Fire Support is also smaller than in Defence Contract. Inconsistency at its finest.

Do I have to make a video of me soloing the Cruiser with Tor AE and Centaur back to back?

2 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

Do I have to make a video of me soloing the Cruiser with Tor AE and Centaur back to back?

No need. Do it only in the Waz'Got, 2 bots and 1 random that's dead and refuses to respawn while you're at it.

On 8/25/2018 at 7:07 PM, Schwarzschild said:

In any case, it is definitely a bad idea to "punish" some players because some other players are not familiar with the controls. 

It's less a matter of "unfamiliar" and more a matter of "know it exists and will never use it ever because it's awful"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

I'd love to see you solo monolith lmao.

(I'd also love a way to add more quotes to a post after you've already submitted it. For some reason I remember being able to do that a while ago and now I can't seem to.)

• Like 1

On 8/28/2018 at 1:30 AM, TheDarkRedFox said:

I'd love to see you solo monolith lmao.

(I'd also love a way to add more quotes to a post after you've already submitted it. For some reason I remember being able to do that a while ago and now I can't seem to.)

To get a quote, hit up the quote button as if you're making a new comment, go down to new quote and blue copy the entire box with the ctrl functions. Now you can have as many as you wish )

I did forget to mention that they also have added a 64bit client for Windows in this update (missed it because I only diffed the data files). @Koromac weren't you the one who asked for it all the time?

So that's why there is a win64 folder in the game files, where now my Screenshots are getting redirected.

2 hours ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

To get a quote, hit up the quote button as if you're making a new comment, go down to new quote and blue copy the entire box with the ctrl functions. Now you can have as many as you wish )

On mobile

• Like 1

Same thing, except you'll be selecting the 'username says' above the quoted text and hold down until the expandable blue box appears, or normally it will be a expandable blue two points that will be able to be spread to contain larger text, if it's that you will drag one of the sides downwards and it will become a blue box, kind of like making a blue box on a desktop to select a bunch of icons, spread it around the quote box and copy, pasting like usual by pressing and holding down for the paste button to appear.

Something like that.. just tested it on iPod.. give it a try?

TheDarkRedFox     1,200

TheDarkRedFox
   12 hours ago, WolfKhanGeneral said:

To get a quote, hit up the quote button as if you're making a new comment, go down to new quote and blue copy the entire box with the ctrl functions. Now you can have as many as you wish )

On mobile

•  

There we go, this one below took a bit of playing around with it to get, but it seems if you get the box around it just right you can get a good boxing in.

12 hours ago, xXThunderFlameXx said:

So that's why there is a win64 folder in the game files, where now my Screenshots are getting redirected.

16 hours ago, John161 said:

I did forget to mention that they also have added a 64bit client for Windows in this update (missed it because I only diffed the data files). @Koromac weren't you the one who asked for it all the time?

I already figured that out. That's good!

About this forced Squad team play and your MM in this game.

Dear DEVS game is worst then ever. 

No sign of EQUAL CLOSE games.

What is wrong with you?

Play this game and see how sh ity it is now.

I see this 1.5.7B update that introduced "teamwork" bonus for Boremys missions also removed possibility of doing the missions twice a day.

6 minutes ago, Gon009 said:

I see this 1.5.7B update that introduced "teamwork" bonus for Boremys missions also removed possibility of doing the missions twice a day.

Double reward for half frequency seems fine

• Like 1

I got two sets of them and did with the squads.

1 hour ago, TheDarkRedFox said:

Double reward for half frequency seems fine

Actually, it stacks, if you do it before 2 PM (GMT+1).

2 hours ago, Gon009 said:

It still refreshes at noon and midnight GMT - that's twice a day in my book...

3 hours ago, niripas said:
5 hours ago, Gon009 said:

It still refreshes at noon and midnight GMT - that's twice a day in my book...

Yes but the refresh is a bit different.

Before you can accept the mission before 12GMT, finish it after 12 GMT, and the next batch would immediately pop up.

After the update, you have to finish the previous batch before 12 for the next batch to actually refresh at 12.

Not sure if this is intended, or if any other similar missions are affected as well.

Guest mr_miracleman111

Are mesons canons still better than coil guns on destroyer's? I have seen builds for archons using meson cannons but they are from 2016 and was wondering if the updates have changed anything.